|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 25- 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of return does the auctioneer promise on the investment of Ballard's property?
(a) At least three percent
(b) At least ten percent
(c) At least sixteen percent
(d) At least twenty percent
2. Of what does the sleeping woman smell?
3. How many daughters does the Dumpkeeper have?
4. What is Lester Ballard's only food for dinner on his first night in his new house?
(c) A chocolate bar
5. To what are the musicians and auctioneer compared at the end of Act 1?
(a) A shooting gallery
(b) The pied piper and his rats
(c) A line of fence posts
(d) A band of thieves
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9 (p. 25), what does Ballard fail to shoot in the woods?
2. What does Lester Ballard bring with him to the auction?
3. What is the name of the church that Lester goes to in Chapter 10 (pp. 31-32)?
4. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
5. Whose house is auctioned at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)