|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 25- 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ballard try to shoot while kneeling by the creek?
(a) A racoon
(b) A bird
(c) A fish
(d) A cow
2. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
3. What kind of return does the auctioneer promise on the investment of Ballard's property?
(a) At least twenty percent
(b) At least sixteen percent
(c) At least ten percent
(d) At least three percent
4. How many daughters does the Dumpkeeper have?
5. How did Lester Ballard's father die?
(a) He died fighting in the war
(b) He hanged himself
(c) He died in a car crash
(d) He died of cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal are the Dumpkeeper's daughters regularly compared?
2. In Chapter 12 (pp. 35-36), how does Ballard remove the cow's head?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9 (p. 25), what does Ballard fail to shoot in the woods?
4. What noise keeps Lester Ballard awake at night?
5. What is the name of the black boy in the car outside Lester's house?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)