|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I, 25- 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blonde daughter doing when Ballard approaches her?
(b) Cooking lunch
(c) Hanging up wash
(d) Getting drunk
2. What kind of return does the auctioneer promise on the investment of Ballard's property?
(a) At least three percent
(b) At least ten percent
(c) At least sixteen percent
(d) At least twenty percent
3. How did Lester Ballard's father die?
(a) He died in a car crash
(b) He died fighting in the war
(c) He hanged himself
(d) He died of cancer
4. What noise keeps Lester Ballard awake at night?
(a) Howling dogs
(b) Chirping crickets
(c) Shouting of teenagers in the woods
(d) Passing cars
5. Which of the following is not one of the terms townspeople assign to Ballard at the end of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lester Ballard's only food for dinner on his first night in his new house?
2. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
3. Who punched Lester Ballard unconscious at the auction?
4. How much money does the blonde daughter demand of Ballard to show him her breasts?
5. What does the sleeping woman throw at Ballard?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)