|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III, 145 - 168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blonde daughter doing when Ballard approaches her?
(a) Hanging up wash
(b) Cooking lunch
(c) Getting drunk
2. On what structure is the flapping door that Ballard hears on the highway?
(a) A tool shed
(b) A hen-house
(c) A water tower
(d) A mac truck
3. What was the nameless boy in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) putting in pigeons to make it appear that he was shooting them?
(c) Baking soda
4. According to Ballard, what are the causes of all trouble in life?
(a) Whiskey and women
(b) Money and whiskey
(c) Money and feuds
(d) Women and money
5. What food does Ballard buy in the general store on the other side of the mountain?
(a) Beek jerky
(b) A cake
(c) Trail mix
(d) Potato chips
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Ballard's shack the day after he finds the dead girl?
2. How much money does Ballard ask the group of men for all of his watches?
3. Where does Ballard figure John goes after leaving jail?
4. What does Ballard Leave outside when he goes into Ralph's house?
5. To what animal are the Dumpkeeper's daughters regularly compared?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)