|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III, 145 - 168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was stolen from Fate during the night?
(a) His car
(b) Some guns
(c) His books
2. Who punched Lester Ballard unconscious at the auction?
(b) Sheriff Wade
3. What sound does Ballard hear in the distance as he walks through the woods in Chapter 39 (pp. 136-137)?
(a) Dogs barking
(b) An axe chopping
(c) A scream
(d) A siren
4. How much money does Ballard ask the group of men for all of his watches?
(a) Eighteen dollars
(b) Twelve dollars
(c) Fifteen Dollars
(d) Nine dollars
5. What does the sleeping woman throw at Ballard?
(a) A stick
(b) A rock
(c) An apple
(d) Her shoe
Short Answer Questions
1. What flourishes are on the panties that Ballard buys?
2. How much does the blacksmith charge to sharpen and repair Ballard's axe?
3. What animal does Ballard try to shoot while kneeling by the creek?
4. What words does John sing from his cell regularly?
5. What does the speaker in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) box at a carnival?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)