|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does John sing from his cell regularly?
(a) Fly home
(b) No woman
(c) Oh Lordie
(d) Swing low
2. Where does the auctioneer give his pitch?
(a) A makeshift stage
(b) The front porch of the house
(c) A stack of hay bales
(d) The bed of a truck
3. Under what animal does the Thantham boy build a fire?
(a) An ox
(b) A mule
(c) A horse
(d) A steer
4. How many rooms is Lester Ballard's new house?
5. How much money does the blonde daughter demand of Ballard to show him her breasts?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) Ten cents
(c) Twenty-five cents
(d) One dollar
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gresham sing when they bury his wife?
2. Who punched Lester Ballard unconscious at the auction?
3. Who stares after Lester as he leaves town?
4. To what are the musicians and auctioneer compared at the end of Act 1?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9 (p. 25), what does Ballard fail to shoot in the woods?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)