|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I , 44 - 60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ballard figure John goes after leaving jail?
(a) To execution
(b) Back home
(c) To county prison
(d) He does not know
2. What is the blonde daughter doing when Ballard approaches her?
(a) Hanging up wash
(c) Cooking lunch
(d) Getting drunk
3. Where does Ballard look at wanted posters?
(a) The post office
(b) The park bulletin board
(c) The city jail
(d) The library
4. What work did Ballard do to make money to buy his rifle?
(a) Plowing fields
(b) Digging a ditch
(c) Restocking the general store
(d) Setting fence posts
5. Why does Lester Ballard's friend Darfuzzle speaks in a garbled way?
(a) He is German
(b) He is developmentally impaired
(c) He has a collapsed jaw
(d) He is deaf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lester burn in the hearth to start a fire?
2. To what animal are the Dumpkeeper's daughters regularly compared?
3. What words does John sing from his cell regularly?
4. What is the sleeping woman wearing when Ballard finds her?
5. Who punched Lester Ballard unconscious at the auction?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)