|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II, 128 - 141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Sevier County pocketknife society" do at their meetings outside the police station?
(b) Sharpen blades
(c) Trade knives
(d) Discuss knife-related issues
2. Who stares after Lester as he leaves town?
(a) The Sleeping Woman
(b) The Deputy
(c) The Sheriff
3. Where is the man in the cell opposite of Ballard from?
(a) Macon, Georgia
(b) Lexington, Kentucky
(c) Gadsden, Alabama
(d) Pine Bluff, Arkansas
4. How many days is Ballard kept in jail?
5. What is the only thing different about the car when Ballard returns to later in the day?
(a) The radio is turned back on
(b) It is empty
(c) It is gone
(d) The motor has stopped running
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the bodies that Ballard has arranged deep in his cave?
2. How are the two dead people in the car positioned when Ballard discovers them?
3. What sound does Ballard hear in the distance as he walks through the woods in Chapter 39 (pp. 136-137)?
4. Which of the following is not something that Ballard does to the woman's body the night after his shopping excursion?
5. Which of the following is not an animal listed as a cohabitant of the woods with Ballard?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)