|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II, 128 - 141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ballard mix with the squirrels to make a stew?
2. What season is setting in in Chapter 39 (pp. 136-137)?
3. According to Ballard, what are the causes of all trouble in life?
(a) Money and feuds
(b) Money and whiskey
(c) Women and money
(d) Whiskey and women
4. Where does Garfuzzle tell Ballard that the Sleeping Woman has gone?
(a) To the church
(b) To the police
(c) Out of town
(d) To the Dumpkeeper
5. Which of the following is not something that Ballard does to the woman's body the night after his shopping excursion?
(a) Brushes her hair
(b) Dresses her up
(c) Puts lipstick on her
(d) Washes her with hot water
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballard eat on his journey over the mountain?
2. To what does McCarthy compare Darfuzzle and Ballard squatting on the porch?
3. What food does Ballard buy in the general store on the other side of the mountain?
4. Where does Ballard leave his rifle before going into the town on the other side of the mountain?
5. What does Ballard do with the girl's body at the end of Chapter 27 (pp. 93-95)?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)