|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II, 128 - 141.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Garfuzzle tell Ballard that the Sleeping Woman has gone?
(a) To the Dumpkeeper
(b) Out of town
(c) To the church
(d) To the police
2. What sound does Ballard hear in the distance as he walks through the woods in Chapter 39 (pp. 136-137)?
(a) Dogs barking
(b) A siren
(c) A scream
(d) An axe chopping
3. What is the first thing that Lester Ballard does after returning home with the body?
(a) Makeses lunch
(b) Chops firewood
(d) Undress her
4. What was the nameless boy in Chapter 19 (pp. 57-60) putting in pigeons to make it appear that he was shooting them?
(a) Baking soda
5. What does Ballard wear around his feet on his mountain trek?
(a) Towels and duct tape
(b) Animal skins
(c) Plastic bags
(d) Cloth sacks and twine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ballard initially forget when he leaves the car?
2. How many days is Ballard kept in jail?
3. To what does the narrator compare the bodies that Ballard has arranged deep in his cave?
4. Where does Ballard go the morning after his shack burns?
5. What words does John sing from his cell regularly?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)