|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
2. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
3. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
4. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
5. How much was the estate auctioned for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters of Lyubov and Lopakhin are central to the action in The Cherry Orchard. Compare and contrast the characteristics of Lyubov and Lopakhin. How do their backgrounds affect who they are today? What do we know about them based on their appearances and their actions? How do their actions or in-actions affect the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chekhov use narrative and exposition within the play? How does this affect the dialogue and action?
Essay Topic 3
Chekhov was known as one of the first writers of "Realism" in drama. How does his writing in The Cherry Orchard represent that?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)