|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
2. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
3. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
4. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is happy at the end of the play? Why? How have the characters' lives changed in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Chekhov chose to title this play, "The Cherry Orchard: A Comedy in Four Acts." Why did he title it a comedy? What comedic elements does he employ within the play? What tragic elements are there?
Essay Topic 3
Chekhov was known as one of the first writers of "Realism" in drama. How does his writing in The Cherry Orchard represent that?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)