|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
2. What can Varya not live without?
3. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
4. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
5. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Firs and Yasha. How are they related? What is the difference of these two characters' attitudes toward the other characters in the play? How do they show these differences? Physically, are they similar? How are they alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
Essay Topic 3
Several "characters" are mentioned who never make an appearance in The Cherry Orchard. Who are they, and how do they contribute to the plot?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)