|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "We are above love?"
2. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
4. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
5. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Lyubov's actions have directly led to the consequences in the play? How have they or have they not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) do you think are the most logical in the play? Which are the most illogical? How?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Varya and Anya. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)