|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
3. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
4. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
5. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the setting of each act represent within the play? Why are there setting changes? What themes are revealed through the surroundings in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Dunyasha and Lyubov. What similarities do they share? What differences?
Essay Topic 3
The characters of Lyubov and Lopakhin are central to the action in The Cherry Orchard. Compare and contrast the characteristics of Lyubov and Lopakhin. How do their backgrounds affect who they are today? What do we know about them based on their appearances and their actions? How do their actions or in-actions affect the outcome of the play?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)