|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
2. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
3. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
4. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
5. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Varya and Anya. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
Essay Topic 2
If The Cherry Orchard were produced today, what elements of the play would contemporary audiences most relate to? Why? What elements would audiences not relate to?
Essay Topic 3
Which character(s) do you think are the most logical in the play? Which are the most illogical? How?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)