|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
2. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
3. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
4. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
5. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
Chekhov chose to title this play, "The Cherry Orchard: A Comedy in Four Acts." Why did he title it a comedy? What comedic elements does he employ within the play? What tragic elements are there?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Lyubov's actions have directly led to the consequences in the play? How have they or have they not?
Essay Topic 3
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)