|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
2. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
3. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
5. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Lyubov's actions have directly led to the consequences in the play? How have they or have they not?
Essay Topic 2
Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard is more complicated than many plays of his time. Unlike the "Well-Made Play," The Cherry Orchard has a more obscure plot and protagonist and antagonist. Who do you feel is the protagonist in The Cherry Orchard? Who is the antagonist? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What does the setting of each act represent within the play? Why are there setting changes? What themes are revealed through the surroundings in the play?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)