|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
2. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
3. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
4. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
5. How much money does the Countess send?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the characters' costumes reflective of their personalities? What do the colors, styles, adornments say about them?
Essay Topic 2
Chekhov chose to title this play, "The Cherry Orchard: A Comedy in Four Acts." Why did he title it a comedy? What comedic elements does he employ within the play? What tragic elements are there?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Dunyasha and Lyubov. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)