|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
2. Which character says, "We are above love?"
3. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
4. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
5. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character(s) do you think are the most logical in the play? Which are the most illogical? How?
Essay Topic 2
What does the setting of each act represent within the play? Why are there setting changes? What themes are revealed through the surroundings in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Chekhov use narrative and exposition within the play? How does this affect the dialogue and action?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)