|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
2. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
3. Which character says, "We are above love?"
4. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
5. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characteristics of Varya and Anya. How do they relate to each other and to other characters throughout the play? How are their appearances similar or different? Compare their outlooks on life, their philosophies and religious beliefs. What other characters in the play do they most reflect?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chekhov use narrative and exposition within the play? How does this affect the dialogue and action?
Essay Topic 3
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)