|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
2. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
3. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
4. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
5. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Chekhov's own life reflected within The Cherry Orchard? Which character do you think reflects Chekhov's personal point of view? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How are the characters' costumes reflective of their personalities? What do the colors, styles, adornments say about them?
Essay Topic 3
Chekhov was known as one of the first writers of "Realism" in drama. How does his writing in The Cherry Orchard represent that?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)