Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "We are above love?"
2. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
4. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
5. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
Several "characters" are mentioned who never make an appearance in The Cherry Orchard. Who are they, and how do they contribute to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) do you think are the most logical in the play? Which are the most illogical? How?
Essay Topic 3
The Cherry Orchard is set in Russia just after the turn of the 20th century and explores the themes of social upheaval. How does Chekhov's play represent the changing social climate in Russia? Give examples.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)