|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
2. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
3. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
4. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
5. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) do you think are the most logical in the play? Which are the most illogical? How?
Essay Topic 3
Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard is more complicated than many plays of his time. Unlike the "Well-Made Play," The Cherry Orchard has a more obscure plot and protagonist and antagonist. Who do you feel is the protagonist in The Cherry Orchard? Who is the antagonist? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)