|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the estate auctioned for?
2. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
3. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
4. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
5. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cherry Orchard is set in Russia just after the turn of the 20th century and explores the themes of social upheaval. How does Chekhov's play represent the changing social climate in Russia? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
How is Chekhov's own life reflected within The Cherry Orchard? Which character do you think reflects Chekhov's personal point of view? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)