|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
2. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
3. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
4. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
5. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chekhov chose to title this play, "The Cherry Orchard: A Comedy in Four Acts." Why did he title it a comedy? What comedic elements does he employ within the play? What tragic elements are there?
Essay Topic 2
If The Cherry Orchard were produced today, what elements of the play would contemporary audiences most relate to? Why? What elements would audiences not relate to?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Dunyasha and Lyubov. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)