|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
2. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
3. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
4. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
5. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Firs and Yasha. How are they related? What is the difference of these two characters' attitudes toward the other characters in the play? How do they show these differences? Physically, are they similar? How are they alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Several "characters" are mentioned who never make an appearance in The Cherry Orchard. Who are they, and how do they contribute to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Dunyasha and Lyubov. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)