Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "We are above love?"
2. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
4. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
5. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
Essay Topic 1
How is slavery and serfdom viewed by the characters in The Cherry Orchard? Cite examples of the differences of various characters' viewpoints on the Emancipation.
Essay Topic 2
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
Essay Topic 3
The Cherry Orchard is set in Russia just after the turn of the 20th century and explores the themes of social upheaval. How does Chekhov's play represent the changing social climate in Russia? Give examples.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)