|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the estate auctioned for?
2. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
3. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
5. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the themes of Romance and Realism play out in The Cherry Orchard? Which characters are "romantics" and which are "realists?" How do they show it?
Essay Topic 2
Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard is more complicated than many plays of his time. Unlike the "Well-Made Play," The Cherry Orchard has a more obscure plot and protagonist and antagonist. Who do you feel is the protagonist in The Cherry Orchard? Who is the antagonist? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Dunyasha and Lyubov. What similarities do they share? What differences?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)