|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
2. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
3. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
4. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
5. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Cherry Orchard is set in Russia just after the turn of the 20th century and explores the themes of social upheaval. How does Chekhov's play represent the changing social climate in Russia? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) do you think are the most logical in the play? Which are the most illogical? How?
Essay Topic 3
What does the setting of each act represent within the play? Why are there setting changes? What themes are revealed through the surroundings in the play?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)