|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
2. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
3. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
4. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
5. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chekhov was known as one of Europe's most "ecological playwrights." The use of trees and their demise was common in his works. How does this play out in The Cherry Orchard? What events during this time in history would have affected the ecological system in Russia? How does Chekhov use trees in The Cherry Orchard to make his political and ecological viewpoints known?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chekhov use narrative and exposition within the play? How does this affect the dialogue and action?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Lyubov's actions have directly led to the consequences in the play? How have they or have they not?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)