|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will sell the cherries.
(b) That they will buy the estate.
(c) That they will live with the Countess.
(d) That they will plant a new orchard.
2. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They are too rowdy.
(b) They are snobbish.
(c) They are not nobility.
(d) They don't tip.
3. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The garden.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The nursery.
4. Which character says, "We are above love?"
5. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She jumps for joy.
(b) She breaks down sobbing.
(c) She kisses Gaev.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
2. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
3. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
4. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
5. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)