|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
(b) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
(c) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(d) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
2. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
3. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They are too rowdy.
(b) They don't tip.
(c) They are not nobility.
(d) They are snobbish.
4. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She breaks down sobbing.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She kisses Gaev.
(d) She laughs.
5. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
2. How much was the estate auctioned for?
3. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
4. Which character says, "We are above love?"
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)