|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
2. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A ball.
(b) A tea-party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A funeral.
3. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
4. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A table.
(b) A billiard cue.
(c) A billiard ball.
(d) The bookcase.
5. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
2. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
3. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
4. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
5. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)