|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The auction of the estate.
(b) The arrival of the Countess.
(c) The departure of Anya.
(d) The estate has been divided into summer cottages.
2. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
3. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
4. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
(b) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(c) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
(d) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
5. How much was the estate auctioned for?
(a) Two-hundred thousand above the mortgage.
(b) Ninety-thousand above the mortgage.
(c) Five-thousand above the mortgage.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
2. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
4. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)