|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Being too foolish in love.
(c) Breaking the billiard cue.
(d) Being too young to understand.
2. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Candy and cakes.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Champagne and cognac.
(d) Herring and anchovies.
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He cannot sleep.
(b) He wants to dance.
(c) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(d) He has not bed to go to.
4. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(b) One-thousand rubles.
(c) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
5. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Varya and Anya.
(b) Lyubov and Anya.
(c) Varya and Pishchik.
(d) Firs and Gaev.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
2. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
3. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
5. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)