|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(a) Magic tricks.
2. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
3. How much was the estate auctioned for?
(a) Two-hundred thousand above the mortgage.
(b) Ten-thousand rubles.
(c) Ninety-thousand above the mortgage.
(d) Five-thousand above the mortgage.
4. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A chorus of angels.
(b) A train in the distance.
(c) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(d) A carriage arriving.
5. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A monster.
(b) An ass.
(c) A jackal.
(d) An addlepate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
2. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
3. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
4. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
5. Which character says, "We are above love?"
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)