|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To replace the estate.
(b) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
(c) To take care of her lover who was ill.
(d) To rent it out for profit.
2. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
3. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
4. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(a) Not yet 30.
(c) Not yet 50.
5. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
2. Which character has a dog?
3. How old is Varya?
4. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dunyasha's character. How does she dress? What is she constantly distracted by? Is she dedicated to her job?
2. What does Lyubov feel about her lover? How does she show her feelings?
3. What does Lopakhin suggest that Lyubov and Gaev do with the estate in Act 2? What is their reaction? How does Lopakhin feel about Gaev and Lyubov's reaction to his proposal?
4. Describe Anya's character. How old is she? What color does she wear? How does she feel about her mother and sister?
5. What does Firs say in Act 3 about the guests at the estate? How are they different from the guests before?
6. What events led to Lyubov leaving the estate? When did she leave?
7. Where will Lyubov go in Act 4? Why?
8. Where will Gaev go in Act 4? Why?
9. Who is Deriganov? How does he/she play into the plot?
10. What philosophical/social themes does Chekhov comment on in the play, The Cherry Orchard?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)