|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
2. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. Who wears white throughout the play?
5. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
3. What does Gaev constantly eat?
4. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
5. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the telegrams arrive from? What do they say?
2. What is suggested by Trofimov's haggard appearance?
3. Describe Yasha's character. What is his/her age? What is his/her demeanor? How does he/she relate to other characters in the play?
4. What will Anya do at the end of Act 4?
5. How is Varya's character unique in the play? What role does she fulfill in the household? What is her style of dress?
6. What is the relationship between Dunyasha and Yepikhodov?
7. What does Lopakhin suggest that Lyubov and Gaev do with the estate in Act 2? What is their reaction? How does Lopakhin feel about Gaev and Lyubov's reaction to his proposal?
8. Describe the symbolism of the cherry orchard within the play.
9. Trofimov is a character who speaks about philosophical ideals throughout the play. What are the concepts and ideals that he speaks about? What is his level of education? What does he feel about the other characters in The Cherry Orchard?
10. Explain the argument between Lyubov and Trofimov in Act 3.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)