|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(b) Dried herring.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
2. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) World War II.
(b) The onset of Communism.
(c) The Emancipation.
(d) World War I.
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Sell it to the Countess.
(b) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
(c) Sell it to him.
(d) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
5. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
2. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
3. Who is always mumbling?
4. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
5. How long has Lyubov been away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where will Gaev go in Act 4? Why?
2. What class of people does Lopakhin represent? How is that illustrated in the play?
3. What does Firs symbolize in The Cherry Orchard?
4. What is the relationship between Yasha and Dunyasha?
5. Explain the argument between Lyubov and Trofimov in Act 3.
6. How does Varya feel about Yepikhodov? What does she do to show her feelings?
7. What class of people does Lyubov represent in the play? How?
8. What will Anya do at the end of Act 4?
9. Who is involved in a "love triangle" in the play? How?
10. Describe Dunyasha's character. How does she dress? What is she constantly distracted by? Is she dedicated to her job?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)