|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
2. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Send them to the Countess.
(b) Swallow them.
(c) Give them to him.
(d) Throw them into the well.
3. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
4. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
5. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
2. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
3. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
5. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Firs have loyalty to the family? How do we know?
2. What philosophical/social themes does Chekhov comment on in the play, The Cherry Orchard?
3. What is the emotional state of Lopakhim in Act 3?
4. What events led to Lyubov leaving the estate? When did she leave?
5. How is Russia compared with the rest of Europe throughout the play?
6. What is the emotional state of Firs at the end of Act 4?
7. Trofimov is a character who speaks about philosophical ideals throughout the play. What are the concepts and ideals that he speaks about? What is his level of education? What does he feel about the other characters in The Cherry Orchard?
8. Where will Lyubov go in Act 4? Why?
9. What is the irony of the landowners in The Cherry Orchard?
10. Who is involved in a "love triangle" in the play? How?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)