|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Lyubov and Anya.
(b) Varya and Anya.
(c) Firs and Gaev.
(d) Varya and Pishchik.
2. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
3. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The departure of Anya.
(b) The auction of the estate.
(c) The arrival of the Countess.
(d) The estate has been divided into summer cottages.
4. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(b) The Stationmaster.
5. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
6. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
7. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A jackal.
(b) An ass.
(c) An addlepate.
(d) A monster.
8. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Being too young to understand.
(b) Breaking the billiard cue.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Being too foolish in love.
9. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A bird.
10. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
11. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
12. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
13. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
14. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
15. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
2. How much was the estate auctioned for?
3. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
4. What time does the auction end?
5. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)