|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "Will you marry me?"
(c) "Your hair is beautiful."
(d) "You are like a flower."
2. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(b) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(c) One-thousand rubles.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
3. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
4. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
5. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Broken her heart.
(b) Made her happy.
(c) Given him money.
(d) Robbed her.
6. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cow.
7. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A carriage arriving.
(b) A train in the distance.
(c) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(d) A chorus of angels.
8. Which character says, "We are above love?"
9. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
10. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
11. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A feather.
(b) A billiard ball.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A ruble.
12. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Strike up.
(b) Go home.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Stop playing.
13. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
14. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A jackal.
(b) A monster.
(c) An addlepate.
(d) An ass.
15. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Candy and cakes.
(b) Herring and anchovies.
(c) Champagne and cognac.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
2. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
3. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
4. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
5. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)