|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He kisses Anya.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He breaks a billiards cue.
(d) He drowns.
2. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
3. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
4. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
5. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
6. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(b) He gave him up for adoption.
(c) He fed him candies.
(d) He beat Lopakhin.
7. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(c) Cod Liver oil.
(d) Sealing wax.
8. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(c) The Countess.
9. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
10. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
11. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Send for the Countess.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(d) Look truth in the eye.
12. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(d) The Stationmaster.
13. What can Varya not live without?
(c) The cherry orchard.
14. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Varya and Anya.
(b) Varya and Pishchik.
(c) Firs and Gaev.
(d) Lyubov and Anya.
15. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The garden.
(d) The ballroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
2. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
3. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
4. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
5. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)