|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A billiard ball.
(b) A billiard cue.
(c) The bookcase.
(d) A table.
2. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Go home.
(b) Strike up.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Stop playing.
3. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Look truth in the eye.
(b) Send for the Countess.
(c) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(d) Go to Paris.
4. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
5. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will plant a new orchard.
(b) That they will live with the Countess.
(c) That they will sell the cherries.
(d) That they will buy the estate.
6. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
7. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
(a) 420 rubles.
(b) 180 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
8. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
9. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(c) Magic tricks.
10. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Lyubov and Anya.
(b) Varya and Pishchik.
(c) Firs and Gaev.
(d) Varya and Anya.
11. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Your hair is beautiful."
(b) "Will you marry me?"
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "You are a marvelous dancer."
12. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Gaev and the Banker.
(b) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(c) The Countess and Anya.
(d) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
13. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(d) A stranger in the kitchen.
14. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(b) The Stationmaster.
15. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
2. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
3. What time does the auction end?
4. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
5. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)