|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(b) One-thousand rubles.
(c) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
2. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
(a) 300 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 420 rubles.
(d) 180 rubles.
3. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(a) Magic tricks.
4. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Fruits and vegetables.
(b) Champagne and cognac.
(c) Candy and cakes.
(d) Herring and anchovies.
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The nursery.
(d) The drawing room.
6. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
(a) It will be burned.
(b) It will be chopped down.
(c) It will be replanted.
(d) It will produce cherries for the town.
7. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He has not bed to go to.
(b) He wants to dance.
(c) He cannot sleep.
(d) He's the only one to serve the guests.
8. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
9. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Being too foolish in love.
(b) Breaking the billiard cue.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Being too young to understand.
10. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
(a) Twenty-Two Calamities.
(d) The Servant Boy.
11. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will sell the cherries.
(b) That they will plant a new orchard.
(c) That they will buy the estate.
(d) That they will live with the Countess.
12. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A tea-party.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A ball.
(d) A funeral.
13. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
14. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
(b) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(c) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(d) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
15. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
2. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
3. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
4. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
5. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)