|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(c) Magic tricks.
2. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The nursery.
3. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) Madame Ranevskaya.
(b) Madame Pishchik.
(c) A nun.
(d) Madame Lopakhin.
4. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Robbed her.
(b) Broken her heart.
(c) Given him money.
(d) Made her happy.
5. What can Varya not live without?
(b) The cherry orchard.
6. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Your hair is beautiful."
(b) "You are like a flower."
(c) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(d) "Will you marry me?"
7. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
8. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(b) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(c) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
(d) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
9. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
10. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three times.
11. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Look truth in the eye.
(b) Send for the Countess.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
12. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
13. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
14. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(c) A stranger in the kitchen.
15. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He breaks a billiards cue.
(c) He kisses Anya.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
2. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
3. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
5. How much was the estate auctioned for?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)