|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A cow.
2. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Lyubov and Anya.
(b) Varya and Anya.
(c) Varya and Pishchik.
(d) Firs and Gaev.
3. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) Madame Ranevskaya.
(b) Madame Pishchik.
(c) A nun.
(d) Madame Lopakhin.
4. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "Will you marry me?"
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "Your hair is beautiful."
5. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A monster.
(b) A jackal.
(c) An addlepate.
(d) An ass.
6. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
7. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A ruble.
(c) A billiard ball.
(d) A feather.
8. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
9. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Robbed her.
(b) Broken her heart.
(c) Made her happy.
(d) Given him money.
10. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
11. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) The bookcase.
(b) A billiard cue.
(c) A billiard ball.
(d) A table.
12. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The garden.
(b) The nursery.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The ballroom.
13. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
(c) Serve tea.
(d) Powder her face.
14. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Candy and cakes.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Herring and anchovies.
(d) Champagne and cognac.
15. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Varya not live without?
2. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
3. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
4. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
5. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)