|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Made her happy.
(b) Robbed her.
(c) Broken her heart.
(d) Given him money.
2. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Look truth in the eye.
(d) Send for the Countess.
3. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
(a) To let him play billiards.
(b) To take him for a drive.
(c) To take him to Paris with her.
(d) To allow him to marry Dunyasha.
5. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A ball.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A tea-party.
6. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(d) A stranger in the kitchen.
7. Which character says, "We are above love?"
8. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
9. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) He breaks a billiards cue.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He kisses Anya.
10. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
11. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She kisses Gaev.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She breaks down sobbing.
(d) She laughs.
12. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "You are like a flower."
(c) "Will you marry me?"
(d) "Your hair is beautiful."
13. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(b) A train in the distance.
(c) A carriage arriving.
(d) A chorus of angels.
14. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
15. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(a) Sealing wax.
(c) Cod Liver oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
2. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
3. What time does the auction end?
4. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
5. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)