|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A ball.
(b) A tea-party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A birthday party.
2. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
3. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
(b) Twenty-Two Calamities.
(c) The Servant Boy.
5. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(b) One-thousand rubles.
(c) Ten-thousand rubles.
(d) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
6. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
7. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
(a) To let him play billiards.
(b) To allow him to marry Dunyasha.
(c) To take him to Paris with her.
(d) To take him for a drive.
8. What time does the auction end?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
9. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
10. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) Madame Lopakhin.
(b) A nun.
(c) Madame Pishchik.
(d) Madame Ranevskaya.
11. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(a) The Stationmaster.
12. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(d) The Countess.
13. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
14. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A monster.
(b) A jackal.
(c) An ass.
(d) An addlepate.
15. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
2. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
3. How much was the estate auctioned for?
4. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
5. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)