|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
2. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(b) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
(c) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(d) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
3. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three times.
4. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Breaking the billiard cue.
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Being too foolish in love.
(d) Being too young to understand.
5. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(b) Magic tricks.
6. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
7. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(c) The Countess.
8. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
(a) Three hundred thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Five hundred thousand.
(d) Fifteen thousand.
9. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He kisses Anya.
(d) He breaks a billiards cue.
10. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They don't tip.
(b) They are not nobility.
(c) They are too rowdy.
(d) They are snobbish.
11. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He cannot sleep.
(b) He has not bed to go to.
(c) He wants to dance.
(d) He's the only one to serve the guests.
12. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will plant a new orchard.
(b) That they will buy the estate.
(c) That they will sell the cherries.
(d) That they will live with the Countess.
13. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
(a) It will be burned.
(b) It will produce cherries for the town.
(c) It will be replanted.
(d) It will be chopped down.
14. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
15. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
2. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
3. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
4. What is the setting for Act 3?
5. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)