|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will live with the Countess.
(b) That they will buy the estate.
(c) That they will plant a new orchard.
(d) That they will sell the cherries.
2. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A ball.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A tea-party.
3. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) An ass.
(b) An addlepate.
(c) A monster.
(d) A jackal.
4. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
5. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
6. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Go home.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Strike up.
(d) Stop playing.
7. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
8. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
9. Which character says, "We are above love?"
10. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A feather.
(c) A ruble.
(d) A billiard ball.
11. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) A nun.
(b) Madame Ranevskaya.
(c) Madame Lopakhin.
(d) Madame Pishchik.
12. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He cannot sleep.
(b) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(c) He has not bed to go to.
(d) He wants to dance.
13. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
(a) Serve tea.
(b) Powder her face.
14. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
15. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
2. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
3. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
4. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
5. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)