|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A bird.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
3. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He fed him candies.
(b) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(c) He gave him up for adoption.
(d) He beat Lopakhin.
4. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Look truth in the eye.
(d) Send for the Countess.
5. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
6. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He cannot sleep.
(b) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(c) He wants to dance.
(d) He has not bed to go to.
7. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
8. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) A nun.
(b) Madame Pishchik.
(c) Madame Lopakhin.
(d) Madame Ranevskaya.
9. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Ten-thousand rubles.
(b) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(c) One-thousand rubles.
(d) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
10. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She kisses Gaev.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
11. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He breaks a billiards cue.
(b) He kisses Anya.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
12. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(c) Cod Liver oil.
(d) Sealing wax.
13. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Candy and cakes.
(b) Herring and anchovies.
(c) Fruits and vegetables.
(d) Champagne and cognac.
14. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
15. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
2. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
3. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
4. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
5. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)