|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Stop playing.
(c) Strike up.
(d) Go home.
2. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Send for the Countess.
(b) Go to Paris.
(c) Look truth in the eye.
(d) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
3. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
4. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
5. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The departure of Anya.
(b) The auction of the estate.
(c) The arrival of the Countess.
(d) The estate has been divided into summer cottages.
6. How much was the estate auctioned for?
(a) Five-thousand above the mortgage.
(b) Ninety-thousand above the mortgage.
(c) Two-hundred thousand above the mortgage.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
7. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will sell the cherries.
(b) That they will live with the Countess.
(c) That they will plant a new orchard.
(d) That they will buy the estate.
8. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(b) He wants to dance.
(c) He cannot sleep.
(d) He has not bed to go to.
9. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A chorus of angels.
(b) A carriage arriving.
(c) A train in the distance.
(d) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
10. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
11. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
12. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(b) He fed him candies.
(c) He beat Lopakhin.
(d) He gave him up for adoption.
13. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
14. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
15. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
2. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
3. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
4. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
5. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)