|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He breaks a billiards cue.
(d) He kisses Anya.
2. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(a) A stranger in the kitchen.
3. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Being too young to understand.
(b) Breaking the billiard cue.
(c) Being too foolish in love.
(d) Stealing money.
4. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
(a) It will be burned.
(b) It will be replanted.
(c) It will produce cherries for the town.
(d) It will be chopped down.
5. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Strike up.
(b) Stop playing.
(c) Go home.
(d) Eat dinner.
6. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will plant a new orchard.
(b) That they will buy the estate.
(c) That they will live with the Countess.
(d) That they will sell the cherries.
7. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(d) The Countess.
8. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
(a) Fifteen thousand.
(b) Three hundred thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Five hundred thousand.
9. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(b) Magic tricks.
10. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
11. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(b) Ten-thousand rubles.
(c) One-thousand rubles.
(d) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
12. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(a) Sealing wax.
(b) Cod Liver oil.
13. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Given him money.
(b) Robbed her.
(c) Made her happy.
(d) Broken her heart.
14. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are like a flower."
(b) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(c) "Your hair is beautiful."
(d) "Will you marry me?"
15. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A jackal.
(b) An addlepate.
(c) A monster.
(d) An ass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
2. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
3. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
4. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
5. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)