|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The garden.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The ballroom.
2. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(d) The Countess.
3. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(b) The Countess and Anya.
(c) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(d) Gaev and the Banker.
4. Which character says, "We are above love?"
5. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A ball.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A tea-party.
(d) A funeral.
6. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
7. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A table.
(b) A billiard cue.
(c) The bookcase.
(d) A billiard ball.
8. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Go to Paris.
(b) Send for the Countess.
(c) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(d) Look truth in the eye.
9. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He beat Lopakhin.
(b) He gave him up for adoption.
(c) He fed him candies.
(d) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
10. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(b) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
(c) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(d) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
11. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(d) A stranger in the kitchen.
12. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bird.
13. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She breaks down sobbing.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She kisses Gaev.
(d) She laughs.
14. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
15. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
3. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
5. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)