|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Varya not live without?
(a) The cherry orchard.
2. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Being too foolish in love.
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Breaking the billiard cue.
(d) Being too young to understand.
3. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A tea-party.
(d) A ball.
4. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
5. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
6. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) Madame Pishchik.
(b) Madame Ranevskaya.
(c) Madame Lopakhin.
(d) A nun.
7. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(c) Cod Liver oil.
(d) Sealing wax.
8. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
9. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
(a) It will be replanted.
(b) It will be burned.
(c) It will be chopped down.
(d) It will produce cherries for the town.
10. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
(a) To take him to Paris with her.
(b) To allow him to marry Dunyasha.
(c) To let him play billiards.
(d) To take him for a drive.
11. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Your hair is beautiful."
(b) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "Will you marry me?"
12. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
13. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
14. How much was the estate auctioned for?
(a) Ten-thousand rubles.
(b) Five-thousand above the mortgage.
(c) Two-hundred thousand above the mortgage.
(d) Ninety-thousand above the mortgage.
15. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
2. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
3. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
4. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
5. Which character says, "We are above love?"
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)