|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
(c) The Servant Boy.
(d) Twenty-Two Calamities.
2. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(b) He gave him up for adoption.
(c) He beat Lopakhin.
(d) He fed him candies.
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(b) He cannot sleep.
(c) He has not bed to go to.
(d) He wants to dance.
4. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Candy and cakes.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Herring and anchovies.
(d) Champagne and cognac.
5. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They are not nobility.
(b) They are too rowdy.
(c) They don't tip.
(d) They are snobbish.
6. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Varya and Pishchik.
(b) Varya and Anya.
(c) Lyubov and Anya.
(d) Firs and Gaev.
7. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A feather.
(c) A ruble.
(d) A billiard ball.
8. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(b) One-thousand rubles.
(c) Ten-thousand rubles.
(d) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
9. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A ball.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A tea-party.
10. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
11. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
12. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Breaking the billiard cue.
(b) Being too foolish in love.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Being too young to understand.
13. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "Will you marry me?"
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "Your hair is beautiful."
14. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
15. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
2. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
3. Which character says, "We are above love?"
4. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
5. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)