|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Your hair is beautiful."
(b) "Will you marry me?"
(c) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(d) "You are like a flower."
2. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cow.
(d) A donkey.
3. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Ten-thousand rubles.
(b) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(c) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(d) One-thousand rubles.
4. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Lyubov and Anya.
(b) Firs and Gaev.
(c) Varya and Pishchik.
(d) Varya and Anya.
5. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
6. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
7. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will buy the estate.
(b) That they will sell the cherries.
(c) That they will live with the Countess.
(d) That they will plant a new orchard.
8. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
9. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
10. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Stop playing.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Go home.
(d) Strike up.
11. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He kisses Anya.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) He breaks a billiards cue.
12. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(a) The Stationmaster.
13. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
14. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Countess and Anya.
(b) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(c) Gaev and the Banker.
(d) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
15. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
2. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
3. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)