|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A train in the distance.
(b) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(c) A carriage arriving.
(d) A chorus of angels.
2. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(b) Cod Liver oil.
(d) Sealing wax.
3. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
4. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A bird.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
5. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He gave him up for adoption.
(b) He beat Lopakhin.
(c) He fed him candies.
(d) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
6. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She kisses Gaev.
(b) She breaks down sobbing.
(c) She jumps for joy.
(d) She laughs.
7. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
8. What can Varya not live without?
(c) The cherry orchard.
9. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They are too rowdy.
(b) They are snobbish.
(c) They don't tip.
(d) They are not nobility.
10. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Your hair is beautiful."
(b) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "Will you marry me?"
11. Which character says, "We are above love?"
12. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(b) The Stationmaster.
13. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(b) Magic tricks.
14. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
15. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A feather.
(b) A ruble.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A billiard ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Countess send?
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
3. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
4. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
5. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)