|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Varya not live without?
(c) The cherry orchard.
2. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She kisses Gaev.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
3. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
4. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The nursery.
(d) The garden.
6. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
(a) He breaks a billiards cue.
(b) He kisses Anya.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) He drowns.
7. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
8. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
9. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
(a) Three hundred thousand.
(b) Five hundred thousand.
(c) Fifteen thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
10. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He cannot sleep.
(b) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(c) He wants to dance.
(d) He has not bed to go to.
11. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) A monster.
(b) A jackal.
(c) An addlepate.
(d) An ass.
12. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
13. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
14. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(d) The Countess.
15. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(b) The Stationmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
2. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
3. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
4. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
5. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)