|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Given him money.
(b) Robbed her.
(c) Made her happy.
(d) Broken her heart.
2. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A carriage arriving.
(b) A train in the distance.
(c) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(d) A chorus of angels.
3. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A ball.
(d) A tea-party.
4. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Stop playing.
(b) Go home.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Strike up.
5. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Herring and anchovies.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Candy and cakes.
(d) Champagne and cognac.
6. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
7. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
(a) To let him play billiards.
(b) To allow him to marry Dunyasha.
(c) To take him for a drive.
(d) To take him to Paris with her.
8. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "Will you marry me?"
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "Your hair is beautiful."
9. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
10. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
11. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He wants to dance.
(b) He has not bed to go to.
(c) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(d) He cannot sleep.
12. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Gaev and the Banker.
(b) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(c) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(d) The Countess and Anya.
13. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
(b) Powder her face.
(c) Serve tea.
14. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
15. What time does the auction end?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
2. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
4. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
5. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)