|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Varya and Anya.
(b) Lyubov and Anya.
(c) Varya and Pishchik.
(d) Firs and Gaev.
2. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
3. Which character says, "We are above love?"
4. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
5. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A feather.
(b) A ruble.
(c) A billiard ball.
(d) A telegram.
6. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
7. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Given him money.
(b) Made her happy.
(c) Robbed her.
(d) Broken her heart.
8. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A table.
(b) A billiard cue.
(c) A billiard ball.
(d) The bookcase.
9. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cow.
10. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A train in the distance.
(b) A chorus of angels.
(c) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(d) A carriage arriving.
11. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) An ass.
(b) An addlepate.
(c) A monster.
(d) A jackal.
12. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(a) Magic tricks.
13. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
14. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Fifteen thousand.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Five hundred thousand.
15. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
(a) Breaking the billiard cue.
(b) Being too young to understand.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Being too foolish in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
4. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
5. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)