|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
2. What is Yepikhodov's nickname?
(c) The Servant Boy.
(d) Twenty-Two Calamities.
3. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(c) The Countess.
4. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will live with the Countess.
(b) That they will plant a new orchard.
(c) That they will buy the estate.
(d) That they will sell the cherries.
5. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The departure of Anya.
(b) The estate has been divided into summer cottages.
(c) The auction of the estate.
(d) The arrival of the Countess.
6. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A feather.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A ruble.
(d) A billiard ball.
7. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
8. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
9. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(b) Gaev and the Banker.
(c) The Countess and Anya.
(d) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
10. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(b) A chorus of angels.
(c) A carriage arriving.
(d) A train in the distance.
11. How much was the estate auctioned for?
(a) Five-thousand above the mortgage.
(b) Ninety-thousand above the mortgage.
(c) Two-hundred thousand above the mortgage.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
12. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Send for the Countess.
(b) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(c) Go to Paris.
(d) Look truth in the eye.
13. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
(c) Serve tea.
(d) Powder her face.
14. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
15. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
2. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
4. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
5. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)