|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
2. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
3. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
4. Who wears white throughout the play?
5. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
6. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is selling cherries.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(d) He is buying the estate.
7. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A kopek.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A silver coin.
(d) A basket of cherries.
8. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Sell it to the Countess.
(b) Sell it to him.
(c) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
(d) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
9. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
10. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) To the river.
(c) Into the nursery.
(d) Into the orchard.
11. Which character wears all black?
12. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
13. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
14. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
15. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(a) Dried herring.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
2. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
3. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
4. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)