|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her lover.
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The nursery.
(d) A meadow on the estate.
3. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Five years.
4. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
5. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
6. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
7. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The Emancipation.
(b) The onset of Communism.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
8. Which character wears all black?
9. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
10. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
(a) Yasha's magic tricks.
(b) Yasha's cigar smoke.
(c) Yasha's dancing.
(d) Yasha's guitar playing.
11. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
12. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(a) Not yet 50.
(b) Not yet 30.
13. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
14. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
15. How old is Varya?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has a dog?
2. How does Lyubov's son die?
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
4. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
5. Who is always mumbling?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)