|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is always mumbling?
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(b) The Countess.
(d) A beggar asking for money.
3. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
4. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is selling cherries.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(d) He is buying the estate.
5. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
6. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
7. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
8. How does Lyubov's son die?
(a) He dies from Tuberculosis.
(b) He jumps off the roof.
(c) He falls from a cherry tree.
(d) He drowns in the river.
9. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
10. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(b) Not yet 50.
(c) Not yet 30.
11. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
12. Who dreams of entering a convent?
13. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) A meadow on the estate.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The nursery.
14. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(b) Sunflower seeds.
(c) Dried herring.
15. Which character wears all black?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
2. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
4. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
5. How old is Varya?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)