|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) A meadow on the estate.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The nursery.
2. Which character wears all black?
3. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
4. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
5. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
6. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
7. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
8. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
9. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
10. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
11. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Abusing the servants.
(b) Spending money recklessly.
12. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) Taught at a small school house.
(b) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
(c) They were merchants.
(d) They were serfs.
13. Who is Varya afraid will "fall in love?"
(a) Dunyasha and Pishchik.
(b) Lyubov and Firs.
(c) Lopakhim and Trofimov.
(d) Anya and Trofimov.
14. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A basket of cherries.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A kopek.
(d) A silver coin.
15. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A mandolin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
2. How long has Lyubov been away?
3. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
4. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
5. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)