Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is buying the estate.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(d) He is selling cherries.
2. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the nursery.
(b) Into the woods.
(c) Into the orchard.
(d) To the river.
3. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A miser.
(b) A cheapskate.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A scoundrel.
4. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
5. Who is always mumbling?
6. Who wears white throughout the play?
7. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(c) Abusing the servants.
(d) Spending money recklessly.
8. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
9. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
10. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
11. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) The nursery.
(b) Lyubov's bedroom.
(c) A meadow on the estate.
(d) The ballroom.
12. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The onset of Communism.
(b) The Emancipation.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
13. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(b) The train arrived in the station.
(c) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(d) The slaves rioted.
14. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
15. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Vicious monsters.
(c) Human beings.
(d) Slaughtered animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
2. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
3. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
4. Who dreams of entering a convent?
5. Who is Varya afraid will "fall in love?"
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)