|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaev accuse Lubyov of doing in the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Giving her purse to the peasants.
(b) Giving up the orchard.
(c) Selling the billiard table.
(d) Swindling the peasants.
2. What is piled up against the walls at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Machine parts.
(c) Suitcases and furniture.
(d) Cherry crates.
3. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
(a) August 22.
(b) July 7.
(c) September 1.
(d) May 14.
4. Who tells Yasha, "You know, I loved you, Yasha, how I loved you!"?
5. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Throw them into the well.
(b) Send them to the Countess.
(c) Give them to him.
(d) Swallow them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
2. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
5. What is not taken to the doctor in Act 4?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)