|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) The Countess has arrived.
(b) The ball is beginning.
(c) It's almost suppertime.
(d) It's time for tea.
2. What was Trofimov's father's profession?
(a) A professor.
(b) A circus performer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A pharmacist.
3. Where are Trofimov's rubbers?
(a) In the carriage.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the garden.
(d) By the suitcase.
4. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(b) He gave him up for adoption.
(c) He beat Lopakhin.
(d) He fed him candies.
5. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
3. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. What is piled up against the walls at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)