|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
2. Who acts as a ventriloquist in Acts 3 and 4?
3. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(b) Abusing the servants.
(d) Spending money recklessly.
4. Who is always mumbling?
5. What is the general question regarding Firs in Act 4?
(a) If he has packed the carriage.
(b) If he will be driving the carriage.
(c) Whether he has been taken to the hospital.
(d) Whether he will go to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
2. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
3. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
5. How much does Gaev earn at his job?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)