|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyubov live on when she leaves?
(a) The money she borrowed from Gaev.
(b) The money she borrowed from Lopakhin.
(c) The money from selling the estate.
(d) The money the Countess sent to buy the estate.
2. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
3. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(b) He gave him up for adoption.
(c) He beat Lopakhin.
(d) He fed him candies.
4. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Fruits and vegetables.
(b) Champagne and cognac.
(c) Herring and anchovies.
(d) Candy and cakes.
5. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Pishchik lease his land to the English?
2. Who does Varya marry at the end of Act 4?
3. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
5. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)