|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has forgotten to put on his fir coat in Act 4?
2. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
3. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
(a) August 22.
(b) July 7.
(c) May 14.
(d) September 1.
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(b) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(c) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(d) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
5. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
2. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
3. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
4. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
5. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)