|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Trofimov going in Act 4?
2. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Give them to him.
(b) Send them to the Countess.
(c) Swallow them.
(d) Throw them into the well.
3. Where does Yepikhodov go in Act 4?
(a) He will go with Varya.
(b) He will stay at the estate.
(c) He will accompany Lopakhin.
(d) He will go to Moscow.
4. Where is Act 4 set?
(a) The nursery.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The ball room.
5. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
2. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
3. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
4. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
5. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)