|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) Madame Lopakhin.
(b) A nun.
(c) Madame Pishchik.
(d) Madame Ranevskaya.
2. What is Trofimov looking for in Act 4?
(a) His rubber boots.
(b) His luggage.
(c) His overcoat.
(d) His books.
3. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
(b) They were serfs.
(c) They were merchants.
(d) Taught at a small school house.
4. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Gaev and the Banker.
(b) The Countess and Anya.
(c) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(d) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
5. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
(b) Sell it to him.
(c) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
(d) Sell it to the Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as a ventriloquist in Acts 3 and 4?
2. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
3. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
4. What month does Act 4 take place in?
5. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)