|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "They didn't light the stoves today; it doesn't matter, since we're leaving?"
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(b) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(c) The Countess and Anya.
(d) Gaev and the Banker.
3. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
(a) A mandolin.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A cucumber.
(d) A revolver.
4. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) The nursery.
(b) A meadow on the estate.
(c) Lyubov's bedroom.
(d) The ballroom.
5. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) Madame Lopakhin.
(b) Madame Ranevskaya.
(c) A nun.
(d) Madame Pishchik.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Varya?
2. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
3. Who is Dashenka?
4. What will Gaev do at the end of the play?
5. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)