|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) The slaves rioted.
(b) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(c) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(d) The train arrived in the station.
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
3. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
4. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Spending money recklessly.
(b) Abusing the servants.
5. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(c) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
2. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
3. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
4. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
5. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)