|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lyubov refer to in Act 4 as, "grown pale and thin, and cries all the time?"
2. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(b) The slaves rioted.
(c) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(d) The train arrived in the station.
3. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) To the river.
(b) Into the nursery.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) Into the orchard.
4. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
(a) Given him money.
(b) Robbed her.
(c) Broken her heart.
(d) Made her happy.
5. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
2. Where is Varya planning to go in Act 4?
3. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
4. Who has come to say farewell to Yasha?
5. Where was the champagne bought?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)