|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character represents the dying out of the slaves?
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(c) The Countess.
3. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
4. What is Anya's plan in Act 4?
(a) To go to Moscow with Gaev.
(b) To pass her high-school exams and work.
(c) To go to Paris.
(d) To go to Moscow with Lyubov.
5. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Being fed dried peas.
(b) The noise of the city.
(c) Being overworked.
(d) Picking the cherries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the estate auctioned for?
2. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
3. Where is Lopakhin going in Act 4?
4. Who does Lyubov refer to in Act 4 as, "grown pale and thin, and cries all the time?"
5. Who takes out an umbrella as if to hit someone in Act 4?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)