|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
3. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The departure of Anya.
(b) The estate has been divided into summer cottages.
(c) The auction of the estate.
(d) The arrival of the Countess.
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(b) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(c) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(d) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
5. Which character wears all black?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
2. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
3. Who picks up the keys at the end of Act 3?
4. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
5. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)