|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A miser.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) A cheapskate.
2. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
(a) Yasha's dancing.
(b) Yasha's cigar smoke.
(c) Yasha's magic tricks.
(d) Yasha's guitar playing.
3. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(b) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(c) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(d) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
4. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dreams of entering a convent?
2. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
3. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
4. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
5. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)