|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(a) Not yet 30.
(d) Not yet 50.
2. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
(b) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
(c) Sell it to him.
(d) Sell it to the Countess.
3. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
4. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
(a) It will be chopped down.
(b) It will produce cherries for the town.
(c) It will be burned.
(d) It will be replanted.
5. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
(a) He marries her daughter.
(b) He leaves her for another woman.
(c) He inherits a fortune.
(d) He dies on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
2. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
3. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
4. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
5. Which character has a dog?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)