|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
(a) An addlepate.
(b) An ass.
(c) A monster.
(d) A jackal.
3. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
(a) He taught Lopakhin to become a banker.
(b) He gave him up for adoption.
(c) He beat Lopakhin.
(d) He fed him candies.
4. Which character wears all black?
5. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Varya not live without?
2. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
3. What is the setting for Act 2?
4. Who is always mumbling?
5. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)