|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A table.
(b) The bookcase.
(c) A billiard cue.
(d) A billiard ball.
2. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Varya and Pishchik.
(b) Varya and Anya.
(c) Firs and Gaev.
(d) Lyubov and Anya.
3. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Champagne and cognac.
(b) Herring and anchovies.
(c) Candy and cakes.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
4. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They are not nobility.
(b) They are snobbish.
(c) They don't tip.
(d) They are too rowdy.
5. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
(a) To take him for a drive.
(b) To allow him to marry Dunyasha.
(c) To take him to Paris with her.
(d) To let him play billiards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
2. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
5. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)