|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
2. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A billiard ball.
(b) A billiard cue.
(c) A table.
(d) The bookcase.
3. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
4. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) A miser.
(c) A cheapskate.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "We are above love?"
2. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
5. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)