|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She kisses Gaev.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
2. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
3. How old is Varya?
4. How does Lyubov's son die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He dies from Tuberculosis.
(c) He falls from a cherry tree.
(d) He jumps off the roof.
5. Which character has a dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
2. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
3. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
4. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
5. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)