|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a dog?
2. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A cucumber.
(c) A mandolin.
(d) A guitar.
4. How old is Varya?
5. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
(b) The sound of a train.
(c) The sound of church bells.
(d) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
2. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
3. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
4. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
5. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)