|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
2. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
(a) Yasha's dancing.
(b) Yasha's magic tricks.
(c) Yasha's cigar smoke.
(d) Yasha's guitar playing.
3. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The Emancipation.
(b) The onset of Communism.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
5. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
(d) The Stationmaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
2. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
3. How old is Varya?
4. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
5. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)