|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To rent it out for profit.
(b) To take care of her lover who was ill.
(c) To replace the estate.
(d) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
2. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(a) Not yet 50.
(b) Not yet 30.
3. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
4. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) Slaughtered animals.
(b) The Countess.
(c) Human beings.
(d) Vicious monsters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
2. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
3. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
5. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)