|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He talks too much.
(b) He drinks all the time.
(c) He sings too much.
(d) He is in love with the maid.
2. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(b) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(c) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(d) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
3. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Strike up.
(c) Stop playing.
(d) Go home.
4. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
5. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
3. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
4. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)