|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
2. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a train.
(b) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(c) The sound of church bells.
(d) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
3. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A ball.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A tea-party.
4. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(b) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
(c) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(d) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
5. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always mumbling?
2. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
3. Which character says, "We are above love?"
4. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
5. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)