|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(c) Dried herring.
2. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
3. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
4. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(b) The Countess.
(d) A beggar asking for money.
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Human beings.
(c) Vicious monsters.
(d) Slaughtered animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dreams of entering a convent?
2. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
3. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
5. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)