|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(b) He is selling cherries.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is buying the estate.
2. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
(a) August 22.
(b) May 14.
(c) July 7.
(d) September 1.
3. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Champagne and cognac.
(b) Herring and anchovies.
(c) Candy and cakes.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
4. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They don't tip.
(b) They are too rowdy.
(c) They are not nobility.
(d) They are snobbish.
5. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A ball.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A tea-party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
2. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
3. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
4. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
5. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)