|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
2. How does Lyubov's son die?
(a) He dies from Tuberculosis.
(b) He jumps off the roof.
(c) He drowns in the river.
(d) He falls from a cherry tree.
3. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
5. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
2. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
3. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
4. How old is Varya?
5. What does Trofimov claim Lyubov's lover has done?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)