|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(d) The Countess.
2. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(a) A stranger in the kitchen.
3. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(b) Cod Liver oil.
(c) Sealing wax.
4. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "Your hair is beautiful."
(c) "Will you marry me?"
(d) "You are like a flower."
5. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Spending money recklessly.
(c) Abusing the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking place at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
3. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
5. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)