|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bird.
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) King Lear.
3. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) It's time for tea.
(b) The Countess has arrived.
(c) The ball is beginning.
(d) It's almost suppertime.
4. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A train in the distance.
(b) A chorus of angels.
(c) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(d) A carriage arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
2. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
3. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
4. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
5. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)