|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Picking the cherries.
(b) Being fed dried peas.
(c) The noise of the city.
(d) Being overworked.
2. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(b) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(c) One-thousand rubles.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
3. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
4. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He wants to dance.
(b) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(c) He has not bed to go to.
(d) He cannot sleep.
5. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will sell the cherries.
(b) That they will live with the Countess.
(c) That they will buy the estate.
(d) That they will plant a new orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
2. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
3. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
4. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
5. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)