|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) A chorus of angels.
(b) A train in the distance.
(c) The Jewish band playing in the ballroom.
(d) A carriage arriving.
2. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Being overworked.
(b) Picking the cherries.
(c) Being fed dried peas.
(d) The noise of the city.
4. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A basket of cherries.
(b) A kopek.
(c) A silver coin.
(d) A gold coin.
5. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
2. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
3. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
4. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
5. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)