|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Pishchik compared to in Act 3?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bird.
2. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) A nun.
(b) Madame Lopakhin.
(c) Madame Ranevskaya.
(d) Madame Pishchik.
3. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He wants to dance.
(b) He cannot sleep.
(c) He has not bed to go to.
(d) He's the only one to serve the guests.
4. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
5. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
3. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
4. Who wears white throughout the play?
5. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)