|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the auction end?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(b) The Countess and Anya.
(c) Gaev and the Banker.
(d) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
3. Which character says, "We are above love?"
4. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) A meadow on the estate.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The nursery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. What is heard at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
4. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
5. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)