|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
2. Who first says the orchard is sold today in Act 3?
(d) A stranger in the kitchen.
3. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(b) "You are like a flower."
(c) "Will you marry me?"
(d) "Your hair is beautiful."
4. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
5. What does Yasha ask of Lyubov in Act 3?
(a) To allow him to marry Dunyasha.
(b) To take him to Paris with her.
(c) To take him for a drive.
(d) To let him play billiards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
2. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
3. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
5. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)