|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 180 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 420 rubles.
3. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
4. How does Lyubov's son die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He falls from a cherry tree.
(c) He jumps off the roof.
(d) He dies from Tuberculosis.
5. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
(a) Send for the Countess.
(b) Look truth in the eye.
(c) Divide the cherry orchard into lots.
(d) Go to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
2. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
3. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
4. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
5. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)