|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
(a) 420 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 180 rubles.
2. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Being overworked.
(b) Picking the cherries.
(c) The noise of the city.
(d) Being fed dried peas.
3. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He drinks all the time.
(b) He sings too much.
(c) He is in love with the maid.
(d) He talks too much.
4. What disgusts Firs about the guests in Act 3?
(a) They don't tip.
(b) They are too rowdy.
(c) They are not nobility.
(d) They are snobbish.
5. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
2. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
3. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
4. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)