|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
(a) A billiard cue.
(b) A table.
(c) A billiard ball.
(d) The bookcase.
2. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
3. What has supposedly taken place at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The departure of Anya.
(b) The estate has been divided into summer cottages.
(c) The arrival of the Countess.
(d) The auction of the estate.
4. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) Lyubov's bedroom.
(c) The nursery.
(d) A meadow on the estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
2. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
3. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
4. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. What is the setting for Act 3?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)