|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He sings too much.
(b) He is in love with the maid.
(c) He talks too much.
(d) He drinks all the time.
2. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
3. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The onset of Communism.
(b) The Emancipation.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
5. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(b) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
(c) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(d) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
2. How long has Lyubov been away?
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)