|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) The train arrived in the station.
(b) The slaves rioted.
(c) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(d) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
2. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
(a) Yasha's guitar playing.
(b) Yasha's dancing.
(c) Yasha's magic tricks.
(d) Yasha's cigar smoke.
3. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
4. Who wears white throughout the play?
5. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Abusing the servants.
(c) Spending money recklessly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
2. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
3. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
4. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
5. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)