|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
2. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will live with the Countess.
(b) That they will plant a new orchard.
(c) That they will sell the cherries.
(d) That they will buy the estate.
3. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
(a) 10,000 per year.
(b) 6,000 per year.
(c) 3,000 per year.
(d) 25,000 per year.
4. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
(a) A nun.
(b) Madame Ranevskaya.
(c) Madame Pishchik.
(d) Madame Lopakhin.
5. What can Varya not live without?
(b) The cherry orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
3. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
4. What does Gaev constantly eat?
5. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)