|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
2. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Lyubov and Anya.
(b) Varya and Pishchik.
(c) Firs and Gaev.
(d) Varya and Anya.
3. What time does the auction end?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
4. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
5. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
(b) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(c) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(d) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Varya accidentally strike with a stick in Act 3?
2. How old is Varya?
3. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
4. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
5. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)