|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
(a) A feather.
(b) A billiard ball.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A ruble.
2. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will live with the Countess.
(b) That they will plant a new orchard.
(c) That they will buy the estate.
(d) That they will sell the cherries.
3. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "You are like a flower."
(c) "Your hair is beautiful."
(d) "You are a marvelous dancer."
4. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
5. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He is in love with the maid.
(b) He talks too much.
(c) He sings too much.
(d) He drinks all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin's father do to him when Lopakhin is a child?
2. What time does the auction end?
3. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)