|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
2. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
3. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
4. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
5. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(b) He is selling cherries.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is buying the estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
2. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
3. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
4. How does Lyubov's son die?
5. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)