|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
2. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) The slaves rioted.
(b) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(c) The train arrived in the station.
(d) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
3. Who wears white throughout the play?
4. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
5. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(b) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
(c) The sound of a train.
(d) The sound of church bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
2. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
4. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
5. What does Gaev constantly eat?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)