|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
2. Who is always mumbling?
3. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
4. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the nursery.
(c) Into the orchard.
(d) To the river.
5. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(b) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
3. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
4. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
5. How does Lyubov's son die?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)