|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
(b) To replace the estate.
(c) To rent it out for profit.
(d) To take care of her lover who was ill.
2. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is buying the estate.
(c) He is selling cherries.
(d) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
3. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
4. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A cheapskate.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) A miser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
2. Who is always mumbling?
3. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)