|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the orchard.
(b) Into the woods.
(c) To the river.
(d) Into the nursery.
2. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) The noise of the city.
(b) Being fed dried peas.
(c) Being overworked.
(d) Picking the cherries.
4. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(b) He is selling cherries.
(c) He is buying the estate.
(d) He is getting married.
5. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lyubov's son die?
2. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
3. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
4. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
5. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)