|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
(a) 3,000 per year.
(b) 10,000 per year.
(c) 25,000 per year.
(d) 6,000 per year.
2. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Picking the cherries.
(b) The noise of the city.
(c) Being fed dried peas.
(d) Being overworked.
3. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A scoundrel.
(c) A cheapskate.
(d) A miser.
4. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Swallow them.
(b) Send them to the Countess.
(c) Give them to him.
(d) Throw them into the well.
5. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
2. Who wears white throughout the play?
3. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
4. Which character wears all black?
5. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)