|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(c) Dried herring.
2. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
(a) He inherits a fortune.
(b) He dies on the train.
(c) He leaves her for another woman.
(d) He marries her daughter.
3. Who is always mumbling?
4. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(b) Not yet 30.
(d) Not yet 50.
5. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
2. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
3. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
4. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
5. How old is Varya?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)