|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. Who wears white throughout the play?
3. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(b) The slaves rioted.
(c) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(d) The train arrived in the station.
4. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) A meadow on the estate.
(d) The nursery.
5. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(b) The sound of church bells.
(c) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
(d) The sound of a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
2. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
3. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
4. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
5. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)