|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
2. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
3. Who wears white throughout the play?
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(b) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(c) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(d) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A cheapskate.
(c) A miser.
(d) A scoundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
2. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
3. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. What does Gaev constantly eat?
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)