|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Give them to him.
(b) Throw them into the well.
(c) Send them to the Countess.
(d) Swallow them.
2. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
3. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is selling cherries.
(b) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(c) He is buying the estate.
(d) He is getting married.
4. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) King Lear.
(d) Julius Caesar.
5. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(c) The Countess.
(d) A beggar asking for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
2. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
3. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
4. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
5. Who is always mumbling?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)