|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character wears all black?
2. Who wears white throughout the play?
3. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The onset of Communism.
(b) The Emancipation.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
5. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
2. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
3. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)