|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
2. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Seven years.
3. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her son.
4. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
5. How does Lyubov's son die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He falls from a cherry tree.
(c) He jumps off the roof.
(d) He dies from Tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
2. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
3. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
4. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
5. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)