|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He sings too much.
(b) He talks too much.
(c) He drinks all the time.
(d) He is in love with the maid.
2. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(b) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(c) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(d) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
3. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) The Countess has arrived.
(b) It's almost suppertime.
(c) It's time for tea.
(d) The ball is beginning.
4. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
5. Which character has a dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
2. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
3. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
5. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)