|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
(a) He leaves her for another woman.
(b) He inherits a fortune.
(c) He dies on the train.
(d) He marries her daughter.
2. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
3. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) It's time for tea.
(b) The Countess has arrived.
(c) The ball is beginning.
(d) It's almost suppertime.
4. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(b) Not yet 30.
(d) Not yet 50.
5. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A cucumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
2. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
3. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
4. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
5. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)