|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a dog?
2. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) They were merchants.
(b) They were serfs.
(c) Taught at a small school house.
(d) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
3. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
4. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
(b) Sell it to him.
(c) Sell it to the Countess.
(d) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
5. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. What is the setting for Act 2?
5. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)