|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
2. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To take care of her lover who was ill.
(b) To rent it out for profit.
(c) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
(d) To replace the estate.
3. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
4. Who dreams of entering a convent?
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A miser.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) A cheapskate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaev constantly eat?
2. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
3. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
4. Which character wears all black?
5. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)