|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) It's time for tea.
(b) It's almost suppertime.
(c) The Countess has arrived.
(d) The ball is beginning.
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(c) The Countess.
(d) A beggar asking for money.
3. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(b) The slaves rioted.
(c) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(d) The train arrived in the station.
4. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Vicious monsters.
(c) Slaughtered animals.
(d) Human beings.
5. Who is Varya afraid will "fall in love?"
(a) Lopakhim and Trofimov.
(b) Dunyasha and Pishchik.
(c) Lyubov and Firs.
(d) Anya and Trofimov.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
2. Who wears white throughout the play?
3. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
4. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
5. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)