|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) A meadow on the estate.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The nursery.
3. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is buying the estate.
(b) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is selling cherries.
4. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
5. Who wears white throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always mumbling?
2. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
3. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)