|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has a dog?
2. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
3. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
4. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the orchard.
(c) To the river.
(d) Into the nursery.
5. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) The noise of the city.
(b) Being fed dried peas.
(c) Being overworked.
(d) Picking the cherries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
2. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
3. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)