|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Varya?
2. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
3. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is selling cherries.
(b) He is buying the estate.
(c) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(d) He is getting married.
4. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
5. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To rent it out for profit.
(b) To replace the estate.
(c) To take care of her lover who was ill.
(d) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
2. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
3. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
4. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
5. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)