|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
(a) 25,000 per year.
(b) 10,000 per year.
(c) 3,000 per year.
(d) 6,000 per year.
2. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The Emancipation.
(b) The onset of Communism.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Being fed dried peas.
(b) Being overworked.
(c) The noise of the city.
(d) Picking the cherries.
4. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her husband.
5. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(b) The Countess.
(d) A beggar asking for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Varya afraid will "fall in love?"
2. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
3. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
4. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
5. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)