|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) The Countess.
(b) Vicious monsters.
(c) Slaughtered animals.
(d) Human beings.
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(b) A beggar asking for money.
(c) The Countess.
3. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
4. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
(b) They were merchants.
(c) Taught at a small school house.
(d) They were serfs.
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A miser.
(c) A cheapskate.
(d) A scoundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
2. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
3. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
4. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. What does Gaev constantly eat?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)