|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(d) The Countess.
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) The nursery.
(b) Lyubov's bedroom.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) A meadow on the estate.
3. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
5. Which character wears all black?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
2. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
3. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
4. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
5. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)