|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) The ball is beginning.
(b) It's almost suppertime.
(c) It's time for tea.
(d) The Countess has arrived.
2. Which character wears all black?
3. Who dreams of entering a convent?
4. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Five years.
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A miser.
(c) A cheapskate.
(d) A scoundrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
3. What is the setting for Act 2?
4. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
5. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)