|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the orchard.
(c) Into the nursery.
(d) To the river.
2. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
3. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) King Lear.
(c) Julius Caesar.
4. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
5. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
3. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
4. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
5. How long has Lyubov been away?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)