|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dreams of entering a convent?
2. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A basket of cherries.
(c) A kopek.
(d) A silver coin.
3. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
4. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Picking the cherries.
(b) Being overworked.
(c) The noise of the city.
(d) Being fed dried peas.
5. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(b) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(c) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(d) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
2. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
3. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
4. What is the setting for Act 2?
5. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)