|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears white throughout the play?
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(b) The Countess.
3. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaev constantly eat?
2. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
3. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
5. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)