|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
2. Which character wears all black?
3. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The Emancipation.
(b) World War I.
(c) The onset of Communism.
(d) World War II.
5. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
2. How long has Lyubov been away?
3. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
4. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
5. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)