|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) Taught at a small school house.
(b) They were serfs.
(c) They were merchants.
(d) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
2. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
3. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The Emancipation.
(b) World War II.
(c) The onset of Communism.
(d) World War I.
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To rent it out for profit.
(b) To take care of her lover who was ill.
(c) To replace the estate.
(d) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
2. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
3. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
4. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
5. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)