|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
2. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He is in love with the maid.
(b) He sings too much.
(c) He talks too much.
(d) He drinks all the time.
3. How long has Lyubov been away?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
2. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
3. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
4. Who wears white throughout the play?
5. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)