|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
(a) August 22.
(b) May 14.
(c) September 1.
(d) July 7.
3. Who is always mumbling?
4. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) Human beings.
(b) Slaughtered animals.
(c) The Countess.
(d) Vicious monsters.
5. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(b) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(c) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(d) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
2. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
3. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
4. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
5. What does Gaev constantly eat?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)