|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Throw them into the well.
(b) Send them to the Countess.
(c) Give them to him.
(d) Swallow them.
2. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) The noise of the city.
(b) Picking the cherries.
(c) Being overworked.
(d) Being fed dried peas.
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
2. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
3. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
4. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Which character has a dog?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)