|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(b) Spending money recklessly.
(c) Abusing the servants.
2. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
3. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is selling cherries.
(b) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(c) He is buying the estate.
(d) He is getting married.
4. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of church bells.
(b) The sound of a train.
(c) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(d) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
5. Who is always mumbling?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
2. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
3. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
4. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
5. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)