|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(b) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Caesar.
3. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
4. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her son.
5. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
(b) They were merchants.
(c) They were serfs.
(d) Taught at a small school house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always mumbling?
2. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
3. Who dreams of entering a convent?
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
5. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)