|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
2. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Give them to him.
(b) Send them to the Countess.
(c) Swallow them.
(d) Throw them into the well.
4. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Spending money recklessly.
(b) Abusing the servants.
5. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
2. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
3. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
5. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)