|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
2. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) The Countess has arrived.
(b) It's time for tea.
(c) The ball is beginning.
(d) It's almost suppertime.
3. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
4. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the nursery.
(b) Into the woods.
(c) To the river.
(d) Into the orchard.
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
(a) Vicious monsters.
(b) Human beings.
(c) Slaughtered animals.
(d) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
2. How long has Lyubov been away?
3. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
4. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
5. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)