|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He sings too much.
(b) He is in love with the maid.
(c) He drinks all the time.
(d) He talks too much.
2. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
(a) 6,000 per year.
(b) 25,000 per year.
(c) 10,000 per year.
(d) 3,000 per year.
3. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
4. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the nursery.
(b) Into the orchard.
(c) To the river.
(d) Into the woods.
5. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(b) Dried herring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
2. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
3. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
4. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)