|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Act 4?
2. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
3. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is buying the estate.
(d) He is selling cherries.
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the estate auctioned for?
2. What does Lyubov drop from her handkerchief in Act 3?
3. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
4. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
5. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)