|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last sound heard in Act 4?
(a) The thud of an ax on a tree in the orchard.
(b) The train.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The carriage leaving.
2. What does Dunyasha do repeatedly throughout the play?
(a) Serve tea.
(d) Powder her face.
3. What language does Charlotta speak in Act 3?
4. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(b) He is buying the estate.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is selling cherries.
5. What does Firs wear throughout the play?
(a) A black suit.
(b) A hospital gown.
(c) A jacket and white waistcoat.
(d) A tuxedo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lyubov refer to in Act 4 as, "grown pale and thin, and cries all the time?"
2. Who throws the keys on the floor at the end of Act 3?
3. What does Yepikhodov break in Act 3?
4. Who dies in Act 4?
5. Where does Yepikhodov go in Act 4?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)