|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
(b) Sell it to him.
(c) Sell it to the Countess.
(d) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
2. What sound is heard in the distance in Act 4?
(a) The sound of axes chopping down the trees.
(b) The sound of the train arriving.
(c) The sound of church bells.
(d) The sound of horses running.
3. How long does Pishchik lease his land to the English?
(a) Twenty-four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Twelve years.
4. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
(a) Marx's "Communist Manifesto."
(b) Tolstoy's "The Sinner."
(c) Tolstoy's "The Proud Man."
(d) Nietzche's "Good and Evil."
5. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
(b) The sound of a train.
(c) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(d) The sound of church bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has forgotten to put on his fir coat in Act 4?
2. Who takes out an umbrella as if to hit someone in Act 4?
3. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
4. What is the last sound heard in Act 4?
5. Which character says if they cherry orchard must be sold, "then sell me with it?"
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)