|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
2. Where is Lopakhin going in Act 4?
3. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Spending money recklessly.
(b) Abusing the servants.
4. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(b) The train arrived in the station.
(c) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(d) The slaves rioted.
5. What does Lyubov ask of Lopakhin regarding the estate in Act 4?
(a) That he bring her luggage to the carriage.
(b) That he not chop down the orchard until she's gone.
(c) That he accompany her to the city.
(d) That he sell her the orchard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
2. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
3. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
4. Who takes out an umbrella as if to hit someone in Act 4?
5. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)