|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Emancipation.
(c) World War I.
(d) The onset of Communism.
2. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is buying the estate.
(b) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(c) He is selling cherries.
(d) He is getting married.
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A cucumber.
(d) A guitar.
5. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
2. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. How long has Lyubov been away?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)