|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
3. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(b) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(c) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(d) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
4. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
3. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
4. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
5. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)