|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lyubov want Lopakhin to marry?
2. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(b) The slaves rioted.
(c) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
(d) The train arrived in the station.
3. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
4. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
5. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A cheapskate.
(b) A miser.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
3. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
4. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
5. What, according to Trofimov, is peering out from every cherry tree?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)