|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
(a) 25,000 per year.
(b) 6,000 per year.
(c) 10,000 per year.
(d) 3,000 per year.
2. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Throw them into the well.
(b) Give them to him.
(c) Send them to the Countess.
(d) Swallow them.
3. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
(a) The onset of Communism.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Emancipation.
(d) World War I.
5. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(d) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
2. Who wears white throughout the play?
3. Which character wears all black?
4. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
5. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)