|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
2. Who dreams of entering a convent?
3. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) King Lear.
4. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
5. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A gold coin.
(b) A silver coin.
(c) A kopek.
(d) A basket of cherries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Lyubov been away?
2. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
3. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
4. Which character has a dog?
5. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)