|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(a) Dried herring.
(b) Sunflower seeds.
2. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
3. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
4. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
(a) They were merchants.
(b) Traveled and performed shows at fairs.
(c) They were serfs.
(d) Taught at a small school house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
2. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
3. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
4. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
5. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)