|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(b) Abusing the servants.
(d) Spending money recklessly.
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(c) A beggar asking for money.
(d) The Countess.
3. Who dreams of entering a convent?
4. What does Gaev constantly eat?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(c) Dried herring.
5. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
2. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
4. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
5. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)