|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A basket of cherries.
(b) A kopek.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A silver coin.
2. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
(b) Not yet 30.
(c) Not yet 50.
3. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her son.
4. What is the setting for Act 2?
(a) Lyubov's bedroom.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The nursery.
(d) A meadow on the estate.
5. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) The ball is beginning.
(b) It's time for tea.
(c) The Countess has arrived.
(d) It's almost suppertime.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
2. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
4. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
5. What does Gaev constantly eat?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)