|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
2. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
3. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(b) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(c) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(d) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
5. Who is playing guitar at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
2. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
3. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
4. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
5. Who is always mumbling?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)