|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
2. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A basket of cherries.
(b) A kopek.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A silver coin.
3. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(c) The Countess.
4. Who keeps sending telegrams to Lyubov?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
2. Who dreams of entering a convent?
3. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
4. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
5. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)