|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
2. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He sings too much.
(b) He is in love with the maid.
(c) He talks too much.
(d) He drinks all the time.
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
2. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
3. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
4. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
5. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)