|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
2. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
(a) To rent it out for profit.
(b) To replace the estate.
(c) To give her daughter on her wedding day.
(d) To take care of her lover who was ill.
3. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
(b) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(c) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(d) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
4. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
5. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Swallow them.
(b) Throw them into the well.
(c) Give them to him.
(d) Send them to the Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always mumbling?
2. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
3. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
4. What do Charlotta's parents do for a living?
5. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)