|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
(a) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Julius Caesar.
3. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
(a) The train arrived in the station.
(b) A black carriage pulled up to the estate.
(c) The slaves rioted.
(d) An owl hooted and the samovar hissed constantly.
4. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
5. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(b) The Countess.
(d) A beggar asking for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
2. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
3. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
5. Who is Varya afraid will "fall in love?"
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)