|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Picking the cherries.
(b) Being fed dried peas.
(c) The noise of the city.
(d) Being overworked.
2. Who is always mumbling?
3. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
4. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A cheapskate.
(b) A miser.
(c) A scoundrel.
(d) An old woman.
5. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
(a) He dies on the train.
(b) He marries her daughter.
(c) He leaves her for another woman.
(d) He inherits a fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
2. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
3. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
4. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
5. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)