|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
2. What does Lopakhin call Gaev when storming out from the garden in Act 2, following their dispute about the estate?
(a) A cheapskate.
(b) A miser.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A scoundrel.
3. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
(b) He is buying the estate.
(c) He is selling cherries.
(d) He is getting married.
4. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
(a) A kopek.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A basket of cherries.
(d) A silver coin.
5. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(b) The Countess.
(c) A beggar asking for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
2. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
3. Which character has a dog?
4. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
5. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)