|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
2. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the orchard.
(b) Into the woods.
(c) Into the nursery.
(d) To the river.
3. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a train.
(b) The sound of church bells.
(c) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
(d) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
4. Which character says, "Forward! We are moving irresistibly toward the bright star that burns in the distance!"
5. How old is Varya?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dreams of entering a convent?
2. What does Firs say happened just before "the troubles?"
3. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
4. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
5. Who is always mumbling?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)