|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
(a) Yasha's dancing.
(b) Yasha's guitar playing.
(c) Yasha's cigar smoke.
(d) Yasha's magic tricks.
2. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
(a) Into the nursery.
(b) To the river.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) Into the orchard.
3. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
4. What does Yepikhodov carry with him at all times?
(a) A revolver.
(b) A mandolin.
(c) A cucumber.
(d) A guitar.
5. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. Who says, "My father was a peasant, an idiot?"
3. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
4. Who wears white throughout the play?
5. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)