|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Candy and cakes.
(b) Champagne and cognac.
(c) Herring and anchovies.
(d) Fruits and vegetables.
2. Who is always mumbling?
3. Who wears white throughout the play?
4. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
(a) It will make selling the cherries more convenient.
(b) It will be easier to lease out summer cottages.
(c) It means that Lyubov can marry the stationmaster.
(d) It means that Gaev can travel to and from work.
5. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Gaev and the Banker.
(b) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(c) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(d) The Countess and Anya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
2. How does Lyubov's son die?
3. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
4. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
5. How much was the estate auctioned for?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)