|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
(a) Picking the cherries.
(b) Being overworked.
(c) The noise of the city.
(d) Being fed dried peas.
2. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Lyubov and Anya.
(b) Firs and Gaev.
(c) Varya and Anya.
(d) Varya and Pishchik.
3. Where does the Countess live, who is mentioned by Gaev in Act 2?
4. At what time of day does Act 2 take place?
5. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Gaev and the Banker.
(b) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(c) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(d) The Countess and Anya.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
2. What does Lyobov call Trofmiov that insults him, causing him to storm out in Act 3?
3. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
4. Which character implies the precursor to socialist thought in Russia?
5. Which character says, "If you run with the pack, you can bark or not, but at least wag your tail?"
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)