|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dreams of entering a convent?
2. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(b) Gaev and the Banker.
(c) The Countess and Anya.
(d) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
3. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
4. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 22.
(c) May 14.
(d) July 7.
5. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has a dog?
2. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
3. How old is Varya?
4. What does Firs refer to as "the troubles" during Act 2?
5. Which character represents the rising middle class of turn-of-century Russia?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)