|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
(a) Three hundred thousand.
(b) Five hundred thousand.
(c) Fifteen thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
2. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(c) Sealing wax.
(d) Cod Liver oil.
3. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
(a) Send them to the Countess.
(b) Give them to him.
(c) Throw them into the well.
(d) Swallow them.
4. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
5. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
(b) Sell it to him.
(c) Sell it to the Countess.
(d) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
2. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
3. What do Lyubov and Varya mention in Act 2 that the peasants have been complaining about?
4. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
5. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)