|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
2. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The garden.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The nursery.
3. Which character wears all black?
4. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
(a) Cod Liver oil.
(d) Sealing wax.
5. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Fruits and vegetables.
(b) Champagne and cognac.
(c) Herring and anchovies.
(d) Candy and cakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
2. What Shakespearean play does Lopakhin quote to Varya after the passing of the stranger in Act 2?
3. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
4. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
5. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)