|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Lyubov and Gaev upon their entrance in Act 2, prompting them to send Yasha away?
(a) Yasha's cigar smoke.
(b) Yasha's magic tricks.
(c) Yasha's guitar playing.
(d) Yasha's dancing.
2. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
3. On what date is the estate to go up for auction?
(a) September 1.
(b) August 22.
(c) May 14.
(d) July 7.
4. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He wants to dance.
(b) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(c) He has not bed to go to.
(d) He cannot sleep.
5. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) One-thousand rubles.
(b) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(c) Ten-thousand rubles.
(d) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
2. What effect comes from having the railway closer to the estate?
3. Who comes to the orchard to look for Anya at the end of Act 2?
4. What does Trofimov do after storming out in Act 3?
5. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)