|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lopakhim want Lyubov to do with the estate?
(a) Divide it into lots for summer cottages.
(b) Sell it to the Countess.
(c) Sell it to him.
(d) Take a loan and keep it as-is.
2. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
3. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of a train.
(b) The sound of church bells.
(c) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(d) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
4. How does Lyubov's son die?
(a) He dies from Tuberculosis.
(b) He drowns in the river.
(c) He falls from a cherry tree.
(d) He jumps off the roof.
5. Who buys the cherry orchard at the auction?
(a) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
2. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
3. What is the plan for the cherry orchard at the end of Act 3?
4. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
5. What does Trofimov call Varya to tease her?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)