|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purchases does Gaev have with him when he returns to the estate in Act 3?
(a) Herring and anchovies.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Candy and cakes.
(d) Champagne and cognac.
2. Which character represents the dissolving upper class of turn-of-century Russia?
3. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
4. Who speaks of "The Proud Man?"
5. In Act 2, why does Gaev say he must go to town the following day?
(a) He is buying the estate.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is selling cherries.
(d) He has a meeting with someone who may give him a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character declares, "All of Russia is our orchard?"
2. How much was the estate auctioned for?
3. Which character wears all black?
4. How old is Varya?
5. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)