|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does the Countess send?
(a) Two-hundred thousand rubles.
(b) Fifteen-thousand rubles.
(c) One-thousand rubles.
(d) Ten-thousand rubles.
2. Who speaks to the bookshelf and to nature?
3. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
4. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "Your hair is beautiful."
(c) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(d) "You are like a flower."
5. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to weep after the sound is heard in the distance in Act 2?
2. Which character appears to be "man-crazy?"
3. Which character leads Lopakhin from the drawing room in Act 3?
4. Whom does Varya chase from the estate in Act 3?
5. Who dreams of entering a convent?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)