|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 3?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The garden.
(c) The nursery.
(d) The ballroom.
2. What is the common complaint about Gaev?
(a) He talks too much.
(b) He drinks all the time.
(c) He sings too much.
(d) He is in love with the maid.
3. Who is always mumbling?
4. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
(a) The sound of church bells.
(b) The sound of a snapped string dying mournfully away.
(c) The sound of a carriage pulling up.
(d) The sound of a train.
5. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) It's time for tea.
(b) The ball is beginning.
(c) It's almost suppertime.
(d) The Countess has arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firs say that the late master treated everyone with for illness?
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
3. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
4. To whom does Dunyasha profess her love in Act 2?
5. Who intends to pay the musicians at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)