|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how much does Deriganov keep raising at the auction?
2. Who arrives at the estate near the end of Act 2?
(a) A beggar asking for money.
(c) The Countess.
3. Who is mentioned as being "prepared to buy the estate" at auction?
4. How much is Gaev offered at the bank?
(a) 3,000 per year.
(b) 6,000 per year.
(c) 10,000 per year.
(d) 25,000 per year.
5. How much money does Pishchik need in order to pay his interest?
(a) 420 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 180 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is in love with Trofimov?
2. Which character says, "We should stop admiring ourselves. We should just work, and that is all?"
3. What does Lyubov give to the stranger who passes through in Act 2?
4. What does Trofimov suggest that Anya do with the keys of the household?
5. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)