|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dashenka?
(a) Yasha's mother.
(b) The Countess.
(c) Pishchik's daughter.
(d) Gaev's sister.
2. How many times does Varya say that Trofimov has been expelled from the university?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three times.
3. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
4. What is the general question regarding Firs in Act 4?
(a) If he has packed the carriage.
(b) If he will be driving the carriage.
(c) Whether he has been taken to the hospital.
(d) Whether he will go to Paris.
5. What is Lyubov's greatest flaw?
(a) Spending money recklessly.
(c) Abusing the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Lyubov compares Anya's eyes to what?
2. Who tells Yasha, "You know, I loved you, Yasha, how I loved you!"?
3. What becomes of Lyubov's lover?
4. At the end of Act 2, a distinctive sound is heard in the distance which the characters take note of. What sound is heard?
5. What is the setting for Act 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)