|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anya suggest to Lyubov at the end of Act 3?
(a) That they will plant a new orchard.
(b) That they will buy the estate.
(c) That they will sell the cherries.
(d) That they will live with the Countess.
2. Where was the champagne bought?
(a) In town.
(b) In Moscow.
(c) The train station.
(d) In France.
3. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(b) Gaev and the Banker.
(c) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(d) The Countess and Anya.
4. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
(d) Magic tricks.
5. What is the last sound heard in Act 4?
(a) The train.
(b) The thud of an ax on a tree in the orchard.
(c) The carriage leaving.
(d) The birds chirping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always mumbling?
2. What does Lyubov say her husband died from?
3. Who dreams of entering a convent?
4. Who gets into an argument with Trofimov in Act 2?
5. Trofimov suggests that Lyubov do what?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)