|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says to Lyubov in Act 3, "You still have your good, pure soul?"
2. What has the Post-Office Clerk said to Dunyasha in Act 3, causing her giddiness?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "You are a marvelous dancer."
(c) "You are like a flower."
(d) "Your hair is beautiful."
3. What is Yasha holding at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) A fruit basket.
(b) A tray of champagne.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A small dog.
4. How old is Lyubov's son when he dies?
5. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
(a) Varya and Pishchik.
(b) Varya and Anya.
(c) Firs and Gaev.
(d) Lyubov and Anya.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Trofimov claim to be?
2. What do the Englishmen discover on Pishchik's land?
3. What does the Stationmaster recite from in Act 3?
4. In Act 2, Lyubov details where she has been before the start of the play. Where does she say she's returned from?
5. Whose arrival is Lyubov anxiously awaiting in Act 3?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)