|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last sound heard in Act 4?
(a) The carriage leaving.
(b) The thud of an ax on a tree in the orchard.
(c) The birds chirping.
(d) The train.
2. What does Firs wear throughout the play?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A black suit.
(c) A jacket and white waistcoat.
(d) A hospital gown.
3. Who is Varya afraid will "fall in love?"
(a) Dunyasha and Pishchik.
(b) Lyubov and Firs.
(c) Anya and Trofimov.
(d) Lopakhim and Trofimov.
4. Which character says "I am beneath love?"
5. What do the Englishmen discover on Pishchik's land?
(b) Ancient relics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lyubov doing at the end of Act 3?
2. What does Lyubov accuse Trofimov of?
3. At the end of Act 2, where does Anya go to avoid being found in the garden?
4. Which character says, "We are above love?"
5. What does Lopakhin order the orchestra to do at the end of Act 3?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)