|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which guests have arrived in the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Stationmaster and the Post-Office Clerk.
(b) Lopakhin and Vershinen.
(c) The Countess and Anya.
(d) Gaev and the Banker.
2. Which character says, "I'll sit here one more minute. It's as though I had never before seen what the walls of this house were like, what the ceilings were like, and now I look at them hungrily, with such tender love...?"
3. Who performs magic tricks in Act 3?
4. Whose grandparents and parents are slaves on the estate?
5. Why does Lyubov call everyone inside at the end of Act 2?
(a) It's time for tea.
(b) The Countess has arrived.
(c) The ball is beginning.
(d) It's almost suppertime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character quotes Nietzche in Act 3?
2. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
3. Who is left in the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
4. Why did Lyubov buy a villa?
5. What does Lyubov live on when she leaves?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)