|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Firs go to bed in Act 3?
(a) He's the only one to serve the guests.
(b) He has not bed to go to.
(c) He wants to dance.
(d) He cannot sleep.
2. What is the general question regarding Firs in Act 4?
(a) Whether he has been taken to the hospital.
(b) If he will be driving the carriage.
(c) If he has packed the carriage.
(d) Whether he will go to Paris.
3. How does Lopakhin feel about the outcome of the auction?
4. Which character says, "We are above love?"
5. What was Trofimov's father's profession?
(a) A professor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A pharmacist.
(d) A circus performer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Countess send to buy the estate?
2. What is Lyubov's reaction about the auction?
3. Whom does Lopakhin claim was kind to him when he was young?
4. Who stands in the door to the drawing room at the end of Act 3?
5. Who is expected to propose to Varya?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)