* Act 2 opens in a garden outside the estate. There is a graveyard and abandoned chapel nearby and the beginning of the cherry orchard can be seen.
* Charlotta, Yasha, and Dunyasha sit on a bench. Yepikhodov plays guitar.
* Charlotta adjusts a gun she is carrying on a sling, and begins to talk about how she doesn't know her history--how old she is, and she has no passport.
* Charlotta tells how she was raised by circus performers who died when she was young. She was adopted by a German woman who taught her to become a governess.
* Yepikhodov sings of unrequited love and Yasha joins in singing and Charlotta comments how horribly they sing.
* Yepikhodov says he doesn't know where his life will lead, but that he carries a revolver at all times in case he decides to shoot himself.
* Charlotta leaves with her gun on a sling, complaining...
This section contains 2,135 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)