|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cheri tell Lea he must leave?
2. Which of the following does Lea NOT give up in her life at this point?
3. What makes Lea think that Cheri may be reconsidering his decision to leave?
4. What event is Edmee hosting when Cheri returns home?
5. As Chapter 4 begins, Cheri is in a state of __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Develop a character study of Madame Peloux. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Cheri. What are his physical traits? What motivates him? What are his personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in France in the early twentieth century. What about during the post-war years? How did the role of women change?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)