|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from Lea's appearance, what makes Cheri sink into an even deeper depression about her?
2. Where does Edmee regularly volunteer?
3. Why does Cheri feel abandoned by Edmee?
4. What is the name of Desmond's new bar?
5. For how many years have Cheri and Edmee been married at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the claims Lea makes about her age and the things that she is buying?
2. How does the author use irony at the end of CHERI when Lea tells Cheri to leave?
3. How many years have passed since the end of CHERI and the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
4. At this point, how long has it been since Cheri has seen Lea?
5. After spending the night together, how do Lea's and Cheri's views of the relationship differ?
6. How do Cheri and Lea view each other now?
7. Why does Cheri seem to be so unfocused and listless in his life?
8. Why is Cheri strangely drawn to the pal?
9. Why is Cheri so shocked when he finally visits Lea again?
10. How do Lea's pearls, once an object of pleasure for Cheri, now repulse him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Madame Peloux. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
What is the nature of Cheri's anguish related to World War I? What impact did the war have on Cheri physically and emotionally?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)