|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to fill her time, Lea toys with the idea of opening a shop or ____________.
2. What does Cheri surmise Lea's mood to be when he visits?
3. Where does Edmee regularly volunteer?
4. With whom does Edmee work on many charity projects?
5. Cheri is bored by the setting and ___________ of the hospital.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lea respond when Cheri tells her he must return to his wife?
2. How do Cheri and Lea view each other now?
3. How do Lea and Cheri finally reunite?
4. What is Cheri doing as THE LAST OF CHERI begins?
5. Why does Cheri seem to be so unfocused and listless in his life?
6. What does Lea's appearance indicate about her outlook on life now?
7. How does Madame Peloux try to keep Lea away from Cheri after his six-month stay with Desmond?
8. How many years have passed since the end of CHERI and the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
9. Why does Desmond grow weary of Cheri's aimless existence?
10. Explain why Cheri feels shut out of his marriage and even alienated from Madame Peloux?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Money and status are very important to the characters in the novellas. Choose at least two characters and cite how each one works to maintain a certain lifestyle or achieve a certain lifestyle.
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Lea. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character study of Madame Peloux. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)