|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Desmond's new bar?
2. Lea thinks that ____________ should sort out a divorce between Cheri and Edmee.
3. Which of the following does Lea NOT give up in her life at this point?
4. Who is a frequent companion of Cheri's on drives in the country?
5. How can Edmee's demeanor best be characterized now?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novellas. Why does Colette use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after Cheri's death and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Lea, Madame Peloux and Edmee. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Develop a character study of Madame Peloux. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)