|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing about Lea's appearance that pleases Cheri?
2. The only things familiar about Lea for Cheri are her eyes and __________.
3. For what organization does Edmee host another soiree?
4. What is Lea doing when Cheri awakens the next morning?
5. What occupies the majority of Edmee's time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter in which Cheri once again sees the Pal.
2. At this point, how long has it been since Cheri has seen Lea?
3. How does the author use irony at the end of CHERI when Lea tells Cheri to leave?
4. Explain why Cheri feels shut out of his marriage and even alienated from Madame Peloux?
5. Why does Desmond grow weary of Cheri's aimless existence?
6. What is ironic about the claims Lea makes about her age and the things that she is buying?
7. Why is Cheri so shocked when he finally visits Lea again?
8. How does Cheri's ennui extend to his personal relationships?
9. What is Cheri doing as THE LAST OF CHERI begins?
10. What is the irony of Madame Peloux's understanding that Cheri needs Lea at this point in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Develop a character study of Madame Peloux. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Lea. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
What is the nature of Cheri's anguish related to World War I? What impact did the war have on Cheri physically and emotionally?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)