|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Edmee regularly volunteer?
2. What year is it at the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
3. Who does Cheri decide to visit at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What does Madame Peloux determine is Cheri's real problem that makes him so cranky?
5. Which of the characters has achieved true freedom and happiness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show the emerging roles of women in post-war society?
2. How does Cheri's ennui extend to his personal relationships?
3. What is Cheri doing as THE LAST OF CHERI begins?
4. How do Lea and Cheri finally reunite?
5. How does Madame Peloux try to keep Lea away from Cheri after his six-month stay with Desmond?
6. Why does Cheri seem to be so unfocused and listless in his life?
7. At this point, how long has it been since Cheri has seen Lea?
8. How many years have passed since the end of CHERI and the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
9. How do Cheri and Lea view each other now?
10. How are Cheri and Edmee at odds over Edmee's charity work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Develop a character study of Madame Peloux. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Edmee. What are her physical traits? What motivates her? What are her personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)