|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is Edmee hosting when Cheri returns home?
2. What is the one thing about Lea's appearance that pleases Cheri?
3. Which of the following is NOT true about Lea's appearance when Cheri sees her again?
4. What does Lea rationalize is over for her?
5. What does Cheri recall as he takes a nightly walk?
Essay Topic 1
Money and status are very important to the characters in the novellas. Choose at least two characters and cite how each one works to maintain a certain lifestyle or achieve a certain lifestyle.
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Cheri. What are his physical traits? What motivates him? What are his personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after Cheri's death and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Lea, Madame Peloux and Edmee. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)