|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
2. Which of the following does Lea NOT realize?
3. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
4. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
5. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
Short Essay Questions
1. At 49, what is the future of Lea's career as a courtesan?
2. Describe the scene in which Cheri finds Edmee going through his personal papers.
3. What does Lea do in order to get any news about Cheri while he is on his honeymoon?
4. What does the author reveal about Cheri's physical and emotional traits?
5. How do Lea and Cheri feel about Cheri's proposed marriage to Edmee?
6. What is the premise for CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
7. How does the relationship between Lea and Cheri begin?
8. What does Cheri do during the time he spends at Desmond's?
9. Describe the encounter Cheri has with Ernest at Lea's house.
10. Describe some of the interpersonal dynamics in Madame Peloux's house while Cheri and Edmee live there.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after Cheri's death and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Lea, Madame Peloux and Edmee. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The nature of evolving roles is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Colette uses more than one iteration on the theme of beauty. Identify at least two themes about beauty in the story. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)