|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
2. Who essentially raised Cheri?
3. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
4. What habit does Cheri have at night?
5. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lea behave at the luncheon at Madame Peloux's?
2. How does Cheri learn that Lea is home from her trip?
3. Why is Cheri so unwilling to return to his home?
4. How does the relationship between Lea and Cheri begin?
5. How do Lea and Cheri differ in terms of their purpose and ways to find fulfillment in their lives?
6. What does Cheri do during the time he spends at Desmond's?
7. Who is the Pal and how does Cheri meet her?
8. Describe the scene in which Cheri finds Edmee going through his personal papers.
9. What could be another reason that Lea is so repulsed by Lili and her young companion?
10. Describe the encounter Cheri has with Ernest at Lea's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the nature of Cheri's anguish related to World War I? What impact did the war have on Cheri physically and emotionally?
Essay Topic 2
Develop a character study of Cheri. What are his physical traits? What motivates him? What are his personal characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI are classic stories of the search for love. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)