|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cheri know that Edmee is going to bed?
(a) He watches the lights in the house go out.
(b) She is yawning uncontrollably.
(c) She is putting on night cream.
(d) She is having chamomile tea.
2. What time of day is it when Cheri returns once more to Lea's home?
3. What type of behavior does Edmee exhibit at the luncheon that annoys Cheri?
4. Who does Madame Peloux make an appointment to see?
(b) Madame Lili.
(d) Dr. Arnaud.
5. Lea reasons that two pastimes she could take up are knitting and _____________.
(d) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheri notice about Edmee?
2. What does Madame Peloux determine is Cheri's real problem that makes him so cranky?
3. For what organization does Edmee host another soiree?
4. Which of the following does Lea NOT give up in her life at this point?
5. What has Lea been formulating while Cheri slept?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Cheri feels shut out of his marriage and even alienated from Madame Peloux?
2. What is Cheri doing as THE LAST OF CHERI begins?
3. Why does Desmond grow weary of Cheri's aimless existence?
4. How does the author show the emerging roles of women in post-war society?
5. After spending the night together, how do Lea's and Cheri's views of the relationship differ?
6. How are Cheri and Edmee at odds over Edmee's charity work?
7. At this point, how long has it been since Cheri has seen Lea?
8. What does Cheri purchase in order to provide some amusement in his life?
9. Why is Cheri so shocked when he finally visits Lea again?
10. How does Lea respond when Cheri tells her he must return to his wife?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)