|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cheri sometimes visit Edmee?
(a) The library.
(b) The museum.
(c) The hair salon.
(d) The hospital.
2. For what organization does Edmee host another soiree?
(d) Ballet company.
3. Why is Cheri so drawn to the Pal?
(a) She tells great stories.
(b) She serves the finest whiskey.
(c) She represents his old way of life.
(d) She has an opium den.
4. What makes Lea think that Cheri may be reconsidering his decision to leave?
(a) He knocks on the door.
(b) He sends a telegram.
(c) He sends roses.
(d) He pauses on the walk.
5. Where does Edmee regularly volunteer?
(a) The soup kitchen.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the window in which room does Lea watch Cheri leave?
2. What does Edmee do while Cheri sleeps?
3. What does Lea rationalize is over for her?
4. How does Cheri try to communicate with Lea?
5. For what is the Pal notable?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lea respond when Cheri tells her he must return to his wife?
2. How do Lea and Cheri finally reunite?
3. Explain why Cheri feels shut out of his marriage and even alienated from Madame Peloux?
4. How do Cheri and Lea view each other now?
5. How are Cheri and Edmee at odds over Edmee's charity work?
6. How does the author use irony at the end of CHERI when Lea tells Cheri to leave?
7. How many years have passed since the end of CHERI and the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
8. How does Madame Peloux try to keep Lea away from Cheri after his six-month stay with Desmond?
9. How do Lea's pearls, once an object of pleasure for Cheri, now repulse him?
10. Describe the encounter in which Cheri once again sees the Pal.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)