|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
(a) Sapphire ring.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) Jade bracelet.
(d) Pearl necklace.
2. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
(a) A change of scenery.
(b) Drinking lots of wine.
(c) Buying a new house.
(d) An elaborate dinner party.
3. In what city does CHERI begin?
4. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
(a) No destination.
(b) No departure date.
(c) No traveling companion.
(d) No return date.
5. In what year does CHERI begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lea's concierge?
2. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
3. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
4. By what other name is Lea known?
5. What does Cheri notice one night while walking near Lea's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of pearls to Cheri?
2. What is the premise for CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
3. How are Cheri and Lea introduced to the reader in CHERI?
4. How do Lea and Cheri feel about Cheri's proposed marriage to Edmee?
5. How does the relationship between Lea and Cheri begin?
6. What does Lea recall about summers spent with Cheri?
7. What is the setting for CHERI?
8. Why are Cheri and Edmee at odds over the state of their marriage?
9. What does the author reveal about Cheri's physical and emotional traits?
10. What appointment does Lea remind Cheri that he must keep?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)