|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
2. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
(a) Cleaning the windows.
(b) Sweeping the porch.
(c) Watering flowers.
(d) Polishing the railings.
3. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(d) No one.
4. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
(a) She has a large fortune.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is compassionate.
(d) She is famous.
5. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Buys a new car.
(b) Goes to the track.
(c) Stays with Desmond.
(d) Tries to find Lea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
2. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
3. Which of the following does Lea NOT realize?
4. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
5. Where is Desmond's apartment located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Lea come up with in order to help rid her memory of Cheri?
2. Describe some of the interpersonal dynamics in Madame Peloux's house while Cheri and Edmee live there.
3. At 49, what is the future of Lea's career as a courtesan?
4. Who is the Pal and how does Cheri meet her?
5. Why is Cheri so unwilling to return to his home?
6. Describe the encounter Cheri has with Ernest at Lea's house.
7. What could be another reason that Lea is so repulsed by Lili and her young companion?
8. How are Cheri and Lea introduced to the reader in CHERI?
9. How does Cheri learn that Lea is home from her trip?
10. How does Cheri's engagement to Edmee begin to alter the relationship between Lea and Cheri?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)