|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Desmond not have time to spend with Cheri anymore?
(a) His business takes all his time.
(b) His girlfriend does not permit it.
(c) He has to look for a job.
(d) He has a wife and family now.
2. Which of the following does Lea NOT give up in her life at this point?
(c) New lingerie.
3. What time of day is it when Cheri returns once more to Lea's home?
4. For what is the Pal notable?
(a) Entertaining in her opium den.
(b) Dying her hair pink.
(c) Wearing men's shoes.
(d) Wearing only purple clothes.
5. About whom does Cheri occasionally think?
(d) The Pal.
6. Aside from Lea's appearance, what makes Cheri sink into an even deeper depression about her?
(a) She has lost her house in a fire.
(b) She has lost all her money.
(c) She must have had many lovers since he was with her.
(d) She is ill and can't manage on her own any longer.
7. For how many years have Cheri and Edmee been married at this point?
8. What topic does Cheri confront his mother on one night when he is feeling especially irritable?
(a) Encouraging Edmee to take a lover.
(b) Cutting him out of her will.
(c) Her decision to buy a house next to his.
(d) Her and Edmee making financial decisions without consulting him.
9. What year is it at the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
10. Who does Cheri meet in a bar a couple weeks after seeing Lea again?
(b) The Pal.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri in the post-war days?
12. What does Cheri buy to take the edge off his boredom?
(a) A car.
(b) A winery.
(c) A cigar store.
(d) A race horse.
13. What does Madame Peloux tell Lea about Cheri?
(a) He will return to her soon.
(b) He is devastated without her.
(c) He never wants to see her again.
(d) He is happy at home.
14. What does Madame Peloux determine is Cheri's real problem that makes him so cranky?
(a) He needs to travel more.
(b) He misses his gigolo life.
(c) He no longer loves Edmee.
(d) He has too many war memories.
15. What does Lea rationalize is over for her?
(a) The days of attracting younger men.
(b) The days of eating spicy food.
(c) The days of drinking champagne.
(d) The days of hosting big parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Lea's eyes?
2. What does Cheri surmise Lea's mood to be when he visits?
3. What does Cheri drink while talking to the Pal?
4. What occupies the majority of Edmee's time?
5. What holiday is being celebrated at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)