|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheri drink while talking to the Pal?
2. What makes Cheri leave the house immediately after arriving?
(a) Madame Peloux singing.
(b) The noise from a Victrola.
(c) Unwelcome dinner guests.
(d) The sound of Edmee's voice.
3. In what season of the year does Cheri leave Lea for the last time?
4. In order to fill her time, Lea toys with the idea of opening a shop or ____________.
5. What is the literary technique in which Lea's actions do not support her statements about her advancing age?
6. Cheri is bored by the setting and ___________ of the hospital.
(a) The routines.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The smells.
(d) The people.
7. How does Cheri know that Edmee is going to bed?
(a) She is having chamomile tea.
(b) She is yawning uncontrollably.
(c) She is putting on night cream.
(d) He watches the lights in the house go out.
8. What does Madame Peloux determine is Cheri's real problem that makes him so cranky?
(a) He has too many war memories.
(b) He no longer loves Edmee.
(c) He needs to travel more.
(d) He misses his gigolo life.
9. What has Lea been formulating while Cheri slept?
(a) Plans for a new house.
(b) A party invitation list.
(c) Plans for their life together.
(d) A travel itinerary.
10. What occupies the majority of Edmee's time?
(c) Charity projects.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri in the post-war days?
12. How can Edmee's demeanor best be characterized now?
13. Which of the following is NOT true about Lea's appearance when Cheri sees her again?
(a) She has short hair.
(b) She is grossly overweight.
(c) She is stick thin.
(d) She has gray hair.
14. What does Cheri surmise Lea's mood to be when he visits?
15. Lea thinks that ____________ should sort out a divorce between Cheri and Edmee.
(b) Madame Peloux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cheri tell Lea he must leave?
2. Who does Cheri meet in a bar a couple weeks after seeing Lea again?
3. What are Cheri's feelings about Lea in the morning light?
4. What makes Lea think that Cheri may be reconsidering his decision to leave?
5. Why does Edmee silently hate Cheri?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)