|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Cheri occasionally think?
(a) The Pal.
2. The only things familiar about Lea for Cheri are her eyes and __________.
(a) Deep voice.
3. Lea reasons that two pastimes she could take up are knitting and _____________.
(b) Playing cards.
4. How does Desmond perceive Cheri to be now?
5. Lea spends time with Madame Peloux and __________.
(b) The Pal.
(c) Madame Lili.
6. What is the literary technique in which Lea's actions do not support her statements about her advancing age?
7. What does Cheri recall as he takes a nightly walk?
(a) His childhood home.
(b) World War I.
(c) Desmond's parties.
(d) Lea's pearls.
8. What is the setting for Chapter 1 of THE LAST OF CHERI?
(a) Desmond's apartment.
(b) Madame Peloux's garden.
(c) Lea's home.
(d) Cheri and Edmee's home.
9. How does Cheri best characterize Edmee?
10. What does Lea rationalize is over for her?
(a) The days of drinking champagne.
(b) The days of hosting big parties.
(c) The days of attracting younger men.
(d) The days of eating spicy food.
11. What year is it at the beginning of THE LAST OF CHERI?
12. Why does Edmee spend so much time at the hospital?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She volunteers her time.
(c) She is a patient.
(d) She is a nurse.
13. Why does Cheri feel abandoned by Edmee?
(a) She has asked for a divorce.
(b) She has taken a lover.
(c) She spends a lot of time doing charity work.
(d) She has moved out of their home.
14. What does Cheri notice about Edmee?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is morose.
(c) She has become attracted to another man.
(d) She is even more beautiful than the day he married her.
15. Cheri is bored by the setting and ___________ of the hospital.
(a) The smells.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The routines.
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cheri meet in a bar a couple weeks after seeing Lea again?
2. What makes Lea think that Cheri may be reconsidering his decision to leave?
3. Why does Desmond not have time to spend with Cheri anymore?
4. What type of behavior does Edmee exhibit at the luncheon that annoys Cheri?
5. Why has Cheri returned to Lea's home?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)