|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
2. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Household and estate.
(b) Family responsibilities.
(c) Social engagements.
(d) Religious beliefs.
3. How old is Lili, the aging courtesan?
4. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
(a) Cheri has died.
(b) Madame Peloux has died.
(c) Cheri is divorcing Edmee.
(d) Cheri's marriage was annulled.
5. Where does Lea go to be closer to Cheri in some way while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) A park.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Madame Peloux's home.
(d) An art gallery.
6. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) Everybody is drunk.
(b) He gets a migraine.
(c) He doesn't do drugs.
(d) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
7. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
8. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
(a) Food preferences.
(c) Personal wishes.
9. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
(a) Bring hot chocolate.
(b) Bring a newspaper.
(c) Light a fire in her room.
(d) Fill a hot water bottle.
10. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(c) Horse and buggy.
11. Which of the following does Lea NOT do after Cheri leaves?
(a) Gets a pedicure.
(b) Gives the butler orders for dinner.
(c) Leaves her home to go to lunch at Madame Peloux's.
(d) Calls for her maid to help her dress.
12. Where is Desmond's apartment located?
(a) The Morris Hotel.
(b) Hotel des Tuileries.
(c) Hotel Champs Elysees.
(d) Hotel Allegro.
13. Where do Cheri and Edmee live while their home is being built?
(a) Madame Peloux's home.
(b) The Peloux summer home.
(c) Lea's townhouse.
(d) The Ritz Carlton.
14. What habit does Cheri have at night?
(a) Going to the theatre.
(b) Going to prostitutes.
(c) Walking alone.
(d) Drinking alone.
15. Lea has never had a man so beautiful or so _________________ as Cheri.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Cheri stay at Desmond's?
2. What does Cheri buy for his wife and mother before returning home?
3. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
4. Who is the main character?
5. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)