|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
(a) No destination.
(b) No traveling companion.
(c) No departure date.
(d) No return date.
2. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He won't have anything to do with her.
(b) He has moments when he loves her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He withholds himself from her.
3. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
(a) The garden.
(b) The botanical wing.
(c) The breezeway.
(d) The dining room.
4. Lea reminisces about a summer she spent with Cheri in ______________.
(d) Monte Carlo.
5. Who essentially raised Cheri?
6. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
(a) Polishing the railings.
(b) Sweeping the porch.
(c) Cleaning the windows.
(d) Watering flowers.
7. Most women are struck by Cheri's ____________.
8. Whose apartment do Cheri and Desmond visit?
(c) Madame Lili's.
(d) The Pal's.
9. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
(a) Desk key.
(b) Love letters.
(c) Bank notes.
10. Where does Lea go to be closer to Cheri in some way while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Madame Peloux's home.
(c) A park.
(d) An art gallery.
11. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
12. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
(b) Personal wishes.
(c) Food preferences.
13. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
14. After lunch, what does Madame Peloux do while Lea and Cheri lounge in the garden?
(a) Drinks champagne.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Feigns a nap.
(d) Files her nails.
15. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
(a) He knows that Lea is coming to see him.
(b) He knows that Lea will be coming home soon.
(c) He knows Lea is home.
(d) He knows that Lea will telephone him tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
2. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
3. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
4. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
5. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)