|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
2. Who is Lea's concierge?
3. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's driving instructor.
(b) Cheri's tailor's wife.
(c) Cheri's mother?
(d) Cheri's tutor.
4. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
(c) Epic poem.
(d) Short story.
5. How does Cheri feel about Lea's trip out of Paris?
6. Who is the courtesan that Lea thinks is too old to still be entertaining young men?
7. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
8. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
(a) Financial security.
(b) A more emotional connection.
(c) Social connections.
(d) Lots of children.
9. What is the setting of the beginning of CHERI?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Lea's bedroom.
(d) A salon.
10. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(d) String of pearls.
11. How old is Lili, the aging courtesan?
12. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(d) No one.
13. Who essentially raised Cheri?
14. Who is the main character?
15. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(d) Choose wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
2. What information does Cheri try to extract from Ernest?
3. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
4. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
5. Which of the following did Lea NOT feed Cheri during this summer?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)