|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
(a) Avenue de Bresson.
(b) Rue de Marseilles.
(c) Rue Petite La Real.
(d) Avenue Bugeaud.
2. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
3. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Looks through his personal papers.
(b) Has an affair.
(c) Buys too many dresses.
(d) Wrecks the car.
4. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
5. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Household and estate.
(b) Social engagements.
(c) Family responsibilities.
(d) Religious beliefs.
6. What is the setting of the beginning of CHERI?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) Lea's bedroom.
(c) A salon.
(d) A restaurant.
7. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Sapphire ring.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) Jade bracelet.
8. About what topic does Desmond continually ask Cheri?
(a) Wardrobe hints.
(b) Travel advice.
(c) Stock tips.
(d) Returning to Edmee.
9. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri?
(a) Dark eyes.
(b) Pale skin.
(c) Blue-black hair.
10. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
(a) Cheri's marriage was annulled.
(b) Cheri is divorcing Edmee.
(c) Cheri has died.
(d) Madame Peloux has died.
11. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
12. Which of the following does Lea NOT realize?
(a) Cheri has grown up.
(b) Cheri is in love with her.
(c) Cheri will no longer be in Lea's life.
(d) Cheri is married.
13. How does Cheri feel about Lea's trip out of Paris?
14. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
(a) He knows that Lea is coming to see him.
(b) He knows that Lea will be coming home soon.
(c) He knows Lea is home.
(d) He knows that Lea will telephone him tomorrow.
15. For how many years has Lea known Madame Peloux?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheri notice one night while walking near Lea's house?
2. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
3. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
5. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)