|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheri buy for his wife and mother before returning home?
(a) Fur coats.
(d) Theatre tickets.
2. After lunch, what does Madame Peloux do while Lea and Cheri lounge in the garden?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Drinks champagne.
(c) Feigns a nap.
(d) Files her nails.
3. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
4. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
(a) Polishing the railings.
(b) Cleaning the windows.
(c) Sweeping the porch.
(d) Watering flowers.
5. How old was Cheri when he began a relationship with Lea?
6. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
(a) It is exuberant.
(b) It is stimulating.
(c) It is cloying.
(d) It is depressing.
7. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's tutor.
(b) Cheri's mother?
(c) Cheri's driving instructor.
(d) Cheri's tailor's wife.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
9. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Tries to find Lea.
(b) Buys a new car.
(c) Stays with Desmond.
(d) Goes to the track.
10. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) A train station.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) Madame Peloux's garden.
(d) A sidewalk cafe.
11. Where does Lea go to be closer to Cheri in some way while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) Madame Peloux's home.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A park.
12. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Household and estate.
(b) Family responsibilities.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Social engagements.
13. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(d) No one.
14. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
(a) The racetrack.
(b) Lea's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bistro.
15. How does Cheri behave when he sees Edmee wearing the pearl necklace?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He rips the necklace from her body.
(c) He stomps out of the room.
(d) He refuses any romantic overtures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who essentially raised Cheri?
2. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
3. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
4. Which of the following does Lea NOT realize?
5. Who does Cheri encounter at the restaurant?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)