|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
(a) She is compassionate.
(b) She has a large fortune.
(c) She is famous.
(d) She is intelligent.
2. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
(a) No traveling companion.
(b) No return date.
(c) No departure date.
(d) No destination.
3. How does Lea know Patron?
(a) He is a former lover.
(b) He is her accountant.
(c) He is her gardener.
(d) He is her driver.
4. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
(a) He knows that Lea will be coming home soon.
(b) He knows that Lea is coming to see him.
(c) He knows Lea is home.
(d) He knows that Lea will telephone him tomorrow.
5. After lunch, what does Madame Peloux do while Lea and Cheri lounge in the garden?
(a) Files her nails.
(b) Feigns a nap.
(c) Drinks champagne.
(d) Reads a book.
6. Which of the following does Lea NOT do after Cheri leaves?
(a) Calls for her maid to help her dress.
(b) Leaves her home to go to lunch at Madame Peloux's.
(c) Gives the butler orders for dinner.
(d) Gets a pedicure.
7. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) Jade bracelet.
(d) Sapphire ring.
8. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
9. Lea recalls reading a postcard sent from whom while she was away?
10. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
(a) Cheri has died.
(b) Cheri's marriage was annulled.
(c) Madame Peloux has died.
(d) Cheri is divorcing Edmee.
11. Where does Lea go to be closer to Cheri in some way while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A park.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) Madame Peloux's home.
12. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
13. How old was Cheri when he began a relationship with Lea?
14. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Buys a new car.
(b) Stays with Desmond.
(c) Tries to find Lea.
(d) Goes to the track.
15. Who is the courtesan that Lea thinks is too old to still be entertaining young men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Lea been gone on her trip?
2. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
3. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
4. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
5. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)