|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
(a) Fill a hot water bottle.
(b) Bring hot chocolate.
(c) Light a fire in her room.
(d) Bring a newspaper.
2. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(c) Horse and buggy.
3. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
(a) Be godfather to his son.
(b) Phone Edmee.
(c) Give him investment advice.
(d) Loan him money.
4. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
(a) Short story.
(c) Epic poem.
5. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
6. How old is Lili, the aging courtesan?
7. How long does Cheri stay at Desmond's?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Six days.
(d) Nearly six months.
8. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Social engagements.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(c) Household and estate.
(d) Family responsibilities.
9. Which of the following does Lea NOT do after Cheri leaves?
(a) Leaves her home to go to lunch at Madame Peloux's.
(b) Calls for her maid to help her dress.
(c) Gets a pedicure.
(d) Gives the butler orders for dinner.
10. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He is crazy about her.
(b) He won't have anything to do with her.
(c) He withholds himself from her.
(d) He has moments when he loves her.
11. How long has Lea been gone on her trip?
(a) A year.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
12. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He does not make any demands on her.
(b) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
(c) He is madly in love with her.
(d) He provides her with anything she needs.
13. Which of the following did Lea NOT feed Cheri during this summer?
(b) Beef Bourguignon.
14. Who is Lea's concierge?
15. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
2. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
3. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
4. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
5. In what year does CHERI begin?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)