|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Buys a new car.
(b) Goes to the track.
(c) Stays with Desmond.
(d) Tries to find Lea.
2. Lea reminisces about a summer she spent with Cheri in ______________.
(c) Monte Carlo.
3. How does Lea know Patron?
(a) He is her accountant.
(b) He is a former lover.
(c) He is her driver.
(d) He is her gardener.
4. How does Lea manage her feelings related to Cheri's upcoming marriage?
(a) She feigns indifference.
(b) She gives him money for the honeymoon.
(c) She helps with the planning.
(d) She is depressed and won't see him.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri?
(a) Dark eyes.
(b) Pale skin.
(c) Blue-black hair.
6. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) Everybody is drunk.
(b) He gets a migraine.
(c) He doesn't do drugs.
(d) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
7. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
(a) Rue de Marseilles.
(b) Rue Petite La Real.
(c) Avenue de Bresson.
(d) Avenue Bugeaud.
8. Where do Cheri and Edmee live while their home is being built?
(a) The Peloux summer home.
(b) Lea's townhouse.
(c) The Ritz Carlton.
(d) Madame Peloux's home.
9. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
10. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Family responsibilities.
(b) Household and estate.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Social engagements.
11. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
12. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
(a) No departure date.
(b) No return date.
(c) No traveling companion.
(d) No destination.
13. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
(a) It is cloying.
(b) It is stimulating.
(c) It is exuberant.
(d) It is depressing.
14. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
15. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is glad he is gone.
(d) She never could stand him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
2. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
4. With whom does Madame Peloux assume Lea has gone on a trip out of Paris?
5. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)