|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Lea NOT feed Cheri during this summer?
(a) Beef Bourguignon.
2. Who is the main character?
3. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's tutor.
(b) Cheri's driving instructor.
(c) Cheri's mother?
(d) Cheri's tailor's wife.
4. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
(a) She eats with her mouth open.
(b) She is losing her memory.
(c) She has grown quite fat.
(d) She sees her own future in her.
5. Which of the following does Lea NOT do after Cheri leaves?
(a) Gives the butler orders for dinner.
(b) Leaves her home to go to lunch at Madame Peloux's.
(c) Calls for her maid to help her dress.
(d) Gets a pedicure.
6. What is Lea's profession?
7. Who does Cheri encounter at the restaurant?
(b) Madame Lili.
(d) Vicomte Desmond.
8. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
(a) Watering flowers.
(b) Polishing the railings.
(c) Cleaning the windows.
(d) Sweeping the porch.
9. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
(b) Personal wishes.
(d) Food preferences.
10. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
(a) The garden.
(b) The botanical wing.
(c) The breezeway.
(d) The dining room.
11. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
(a) She is famous.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She has a large fortune.
(d) She is compassionate.
12. For how many years has Lea known Madame Peloux?
13. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
14. How does Lea know Patron?
(a) He is a former lover.
(b) He is her accountant.
(c) He is her driver.
(d) He is her gardener.
15. Who is the girl that Cheri's mother hopes he will marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
2. How does Cheri feel about Lea's trip out of Paris?
3. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
4. In what year does CHERI begin?
5. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)