|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(c) Choose wine.
2. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
3. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
(a) Cheri has died.
(b) Cheri is divorcing Edmee.
(c) Madame Peloux has died.
(d) Cheri's marriage was annulled.
4. What information does Cheri try to extract from Ernest?
(a) Lea's holiday plans.
(b) Lea's new lover.
(c) Lea's location.
(d) Lea's birthday.
5. Which of the following does Lea NOT realize?
(a) Cheri is married.
(b) Cheri will no longer be in Lea's life.
(c) Cheri has grown up.
(d) Cheri is in love with her.
6. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He has moments when he loves her.
(b) He won't have anything to do with her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He withholds himself from her.
7. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
8. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) He gets a migraine.
(b) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
(c) Everybody is drunk.
(d) He doesn't do drugs.
9. In what city does CHERI begin?
10. Lea reminisces about a summer she spent with Cheri in ______________.
(a) Monte Carlo.
11. Who is the courtesan that Lea thinks is too old to still be entertaining young men?
12. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
13. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's driving instructor.
(b) Cheri's tutor.
(c) Cheri's mother?
(d) Cheri's tailor's wife.
14. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
(a) A more emotional connection.
(b) Social connections.
(c) Lots of children.
(d) Financial security.
15. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
(a) Drinking lots of wine.
(b) A change of scenery.
(c) An elaborate dinner party.
(d) Buying a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cheri visits the Pal's apartment again and this time leaves because ________________.
2. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
3. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
4. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
5. Where is Desmond's apartment located?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)