|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the beginning of CHERI?
(a) Lea's bedroom.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A salon.
(d) The Louvre.
2. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
(b) Short story.
(c) Epic poem.
3. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
(a) He knows Lea is home.
(b) He knows that Lea will be coming home soon.
(c) He knows that Lea will telephone him tomorrow.
(d) He knows that Lea is coming to see him.
4. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(a) Horse and buggy.
5. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Looks through his personal papers.
(b) Has an affair.
(c) Wrecks the car.
(d) Buys too many dresses.
6. How does Lea know Patron?
(a) He is a former lover.
(b) He is her gardener.
(c) He is her driver.
(d) He is her accountant.
7. Lea reminds Cheri that he needs to dress to have lunch with whom?
(a) His godfather.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
8. Who is Lea's concierge?
9. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
10. How long has Lea been gone on her trip?
(a) A year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
11. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
(d) The racetrack.
12. Who is the courtesan that Lea thinks is too old to still be entertaining young men?
13. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(d) String of pearls.
14. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
15. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is glad he is gone.
(d) She never could stand him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
2. With whom does Madame Peloux assume Lea has gone on a trip out of Paris?
3. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
4. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
5. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)