|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
(a) It is depressing.
(b) It is exuberant.
(c) It is cloying.
(d) It is stimulating.
3. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
(a) Bank notes.
(b) Love letters.
(d) Desk key.
4. What habit does Cheri have at night?
(a) Walking alone.
(b) Going to prostitutes.
(c) Going to the theatre.
(d) Drinking alone.
5. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
(a) Bring hot chocolate.
(b) Bring a newspaper.
(c) Fill a hot water bottle.
(d) Light a fire in her room.
6. Lea has never had a man so beautiful or so _________________ as Cheri.
7. By what other name is Lea known?
(a) Lea Vavul.
(b) Leonie Vallon.
(c) Leontyne Valmont.
(d) Cheri Vallon.
8. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
(c) Epic poem.
(d) Short story.
9. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
(a) Avenue Bugeaud.
(b) Avenue de Bresson.
(c) Rue de Marseilles.
(d) Rue Petite La Real.
10. What is the topic of conversation between Cheri and his mother at breakfast?
(a) Edmmee's new wardrobe.
(b) Lea's trip away from Paris.
(c) The honeymoon trip.
(d) Lea's new house.
11. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
12. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri?
(b) Dark eyes.
(c) Pale skin.
(d) Blue-black hair.
13. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(b) Family responsibilities.
(c) Household and estate.
(d) Social engagements.
14. After lunch, what does Madame Peloux do while Lea and Cheri lounge in the garden?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Files her nails.
(c) Feigns a nap.
(d) Drinks champagne.
15. Where do Cheri and Edmee live while their home is being built?
(a) Madame Peloux's home.
(b) The Peloux summer home.
(c) The Ritz Carlton.
(d) Lea's townhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
2. How long has Lea's relationship with Cheri lasted?
3. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
4. Lea reminds Cheri that he needs to dress to have lunch with whom?
5. How does Lea know Patron?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)