|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what topic does Desmond continually ask Cheri?
(a) Wardrobe hints.
(b) Stock tips.
(c) Returning to Edmee.
(d) Travel advice.
2. What information does Cheri try to extract from Ernest?
(a) Lea's birthday.
(b) Lea's location.
(c) Lea's new lover.
(d) Lea's holiday plans.
3. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
(b) Bank notes.
(c) Desk key.
(d) Love letters.
5. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(a) Choose wine.
6. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
7. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) He doesn't do drugs.
(b) Everybody is drunk.
(c) He gets a migraine.
(d) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
8. How does Cheri feel about Lea's trip out of Paris?
9. Which of the following does Lea NOT do after Cheri leaves?
(a) Calls for her maid to help her dress.
(b) Leaves her home to go to lunch at Madame Peloux's.
(c) Gets a pedicure.
(d) Gives the butler orders for dinner.
10. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
11. Lea reminisces about a summer she spent with Cheri in ______________.
(d) Monte Carlo.
12. Cheri visits the Pal's apartment again and this time leaves because ________________.
(a) She is wearing pearls.
(b) She is not wearing her pearls.
(c) She is out of town.
(d) She is ill.
13. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
14. How old is Lili, the aging courtesan?
15. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The garden.
(c) The breezeway.
(d) The botanical wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
2. In what year does CHERI begin?
3. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
4. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
5. Who essentially raised Cheri?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)