|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
2. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
(b) He doesn't do drugs.
(c) Everybody is drunk.
(d) He gets a migraine.
3. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
(a) Phone Edmee.
(b) Be godfather to his son.
(c) Loan him money.
(d) Give him investment advice.
4. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
5. Which of the following do Cheri and Desmond NOT do during their time together?
(a) Drive in Cheri's car.
(b) Go to the museum.
(c) Go to restaurants.
(d) Drink alcohol.
6. What habit does Cheri have at night?
(a) Walking alone.
(b) Going to the theatre.
(c) Drinking alone.
(d) Going to prostitutes.
7. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
8. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
(a) The garden.
(b) The breezeway.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The botanical wing.
9. How long has Lea's relationship with Cheri lasted?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 6 years.
10. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He won't have anything to do with her.
(b) He withholds himself from her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He has moments when he loves her.
11. Who essentially raised Cheri?
12. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(c) No one.
13. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) The racetrack.
14. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
(a) Bring a newspaper.
(b) Bring hot chocolate.
(c) Fill a hot water bottle.
(d) Light a fire in her room.
15. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
(a) Drinking lots of wine.
(b) A change of scenery.
(c) An elaborate dinner party.
(d) Buying a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cheri and Edmee live while their home is being built?
2. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
3. What instructions does Cheri overhear Ernest giving to a porter?
4. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
5. Most women are struck by Cheri's ____________.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)