|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(a) No one.
2. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) Sapphire ring.
(d) Jade bracelet.
3. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(d) String of pearls.
4. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(b) Choose wine.
5. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
(a) Avenue de Bresson.
(b) Rue de Marseilles.
(c) Rue Petite La Real.
(d) Avenue Bugeaud.
6. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) A train station.
(b) A sidewalk cafe.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Madame Peloux's garden.
7. Who is the girl that Cheri's mother hopes he will marry?
8. Lea has never had a man so beautiful or so _________________ as Cheri.
9. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
(a) An elaborate dinner party.
(b) A change of scenery.
(c) Buying a new house.
(d) Drinking lots of wine.
10. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
11. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She never could stand him.
(c) She is glad he is gone.
(d) She hates him.
12. By what other name is Lea known?
(a) Leonie Vallon.
(b) Leontyne Valmont.
(c) Lea Vavul.
(d) Cheri Vallon.
13. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
(a) A bar.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) Lea's house.
(d) A bistro.
14. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Looks through his personal papers.
(b) Has an affair.
(c) Wrecks the car.
(d) Buys too many dresses.
15. How can Cheri's attentions toward Lea be characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lea NOT realize?
2. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
3. What is the topic of conversation between Cheri and his mother at breakfast?
4. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
5. Which of the following did Lea NOT feed Cheri during this summer?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)