|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instructions does Cheri overhear Ernest giving to a porter?
(a) Wait until he can return with a tip.
(b) Wait until he can get help with the bags.
(c) Bring Lea's bags to the house tomorrow.
(d) Come back tomorrow to pick up Lea's bags.
2. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
(a) An elaborate dinner party.
(b) Drinking lots of wine.
(c) Buying a new house.
(d) A change of scenery.
3. Who is the main character?
4. What does Cheri buy for his wife and mother before returning home?
(b) Fur coats.
(d) Theatre tickets.
5. How long does Cheri stay at Desmond's?
(a) Nearly six months.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Six days.
6. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
(a) Loan him money.
(b) Be godfather to his son.
(c) Give him investment advice.
(d) Phone Edmee.
7. By what other name is Lea known?
(a) Leontyne Valmont.
(b) Lea Vavul.
(c) Cheri Vallon.
(d) Leonie Vallon.
8. Where do Cheri and Edmee live while their home is being built?
(a) Lea's townhouse.
(b) The Ritz Carlton.
(c) The Peloux summer home.
(d) Madame Peloux's home.
9. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
10. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He withholds himself from her.
(b) He won't have anything to do with her.
(c) He has moments when he loves her.
(d) He is crazy about her.
11. Cheri visits the Pal's apartment again and this time leaves because ________________.
(a) She is out of town.
(b) She is not wearing her pearls.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is wearing pearls.
12. What habit does Cheri have at night?
(a) Going to prostitutes.
(b) Drinking alone.
(c) Walking alone.
(d) Going to the theatre.
13. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(c) String of pearls.
14. What is the topic of conversation between Cheri and his mother at breakfast?
(a) The honeymoon trip.
(b) Lea's trip away from Paris.
(c) Edmmee's new wardrobe.
(d) Lea's new house.
15. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
(a) Bring hot chocolate.
(b) Light a fire in her room.
(c) Fill a hot water bottle.
(d) Bring a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years has Lea known Madame Peloux?
2. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
3. Which of the following did Lea NOT feed Cheri during this summer?
4. Whose apartment do Cheri and Desmond visit?
5. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)