|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
(a) Social connections.
(b) Lots of children.
(c) Financial security.
(d) A more emotional connection.
2. How long has Lea's relationship with Cheri lasted?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
(a) Cheri's marriage was annulled.
(b) Cheri has died.
(c) Cheri is divorcing Edmee.
(d) Madame Peloux has died.
4. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
(b) He does not make any demands on her.
(c) He provides her with anything she needs.
(d) He is madly in love with her.
5. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
6. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) The Louvre.
(b) A sidewalk cafe.
(c) Madame Peloux's garden.
(d) A train station.
7. What does Lea think is the antidote for driving away the memory of Cheri?
(a) Buying a new house.
(b) Drinking lots of wine.
(c) An elaborate dinner party.
(d) A change of scenery.
8. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
9. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The racetrack.
(d) A bar.
10. How old was Cheri when he began a relationship with Lea?
11. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
12. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Goes to the track.
(b) Stays with Desmond.
(c) Tries to find Lea.
(d) Buys a new car.
13. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
14. For how many years has Lea known Madame Peloux?
15. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's mother?
(b) Cheri's tutor.
(c) Cheri's driving instructor.
(d) Cheri's tailor's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
2. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
3. How does Lea know Patron?
4. Lea has never had a man so beautiful or so _________________ as Cheri.
5. What instructions does Cheri overhear Ernest giving to a porter?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)