|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Cheri try to extract from Ernest?
(a) Lea's location.
(b) Lea's birthday.
(c) Lea's holiday plans.
(d) Lea's new lover.
2. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
(a) It is exuberant.
(b) It is cloying.
(c) It is depressing.
(d) It is stimulating.
3. How can Cheri's attentions toward Lea be characterized?
4. After lunch, what does Madame Peloux do while Lea and Cheri lounge in the garden?
(a) Files her nails.
(b) Drinks champagne.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Feigns a nap.
5. Where does Lea go to be closer to Cheri in some way while he is on his honeymoon?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A park.
(c) Madame Peloux's home.
(d) An art gallery.
6. What is the setting of the beginning of CHERI?
(a) Lea's bedroom.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A salon.
(d) The Louvre.
7. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Has an affair.
(b) Looks through his personal papers.
(c) Buys too many dresses.
(d) Wrecks the car.
8. Who is the main character?
9. Who is the girl that Cheri's mother hopes he will marry?
10. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
11. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The racetrack.
12. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Stays with Desmond.
(b) Goes to the track.
(c) Buys a new car.
(d) Tries to find Lea.
13. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(a) No one.
14. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
15. What does Cheri notice one night while walking near Lea's house?
(a) A light is on in the house.
(b) The house has been vacated.
(c) The house has been demolished.
(d) The house is being remodeled.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
2. In what year does CHERI begin?
3. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
4. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
5. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)