|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who essentially raised Cheri?
2. How does Lea manage her feelings related to Cheri's upcoming marriage?
(a) She feigns indifference.
(b) She gives him money for the honeymoon.
(c) She helps with the planning.
(d) She is depressed and won't see him.
3. Where is Desmond's apartment located?
(a) Hotel Champs Elysees.
(b) Hotel des Tuileries.
(c) Hotel Allegro.
(d) The Morris Hotel.
4. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
(a) She has grown quite fat.
(b) She sees her own future in her.
(c) She eats with her mouth open.
(d) She is losing her memory.
5. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
(a) He knows that Lea will telephone him tomorrow.
(b) He knows Lea is home.
(c) He knows that Lea will be coming home soon.
(d) He knows that Lea is coming to see him.
6. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He provides her with anything she needs.
(b) He is madly in love with her.
(c) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
(d) He does not make any demands on her.
7. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
(a) Financial security.
(b) Lots of children.
(c) A more emotional connection.
(d) Social connections.
8. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(d) Horse and buggy.
9. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) A sidewalk cafe.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) A train station.
(d) Madame Peloux's garden.
10. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
(a) She has a large fortune.
(b) She is famous.
(c) She is intelligent.
(d) She is compassionate.
11. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
(a) Personal wishes.
(b) Food preferences.
12. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
13. Which of the following does Lea NOT instruct her maid to do after Lea returns home?
(a) Bring a newspaper.
(b) Fill a hot water bottle.
(c) Bring hot chocolate.
(d) Light a fire in her room.
14. Who does Cheri encounter at the restaurant?
(b) Madame Lili.
(d) Vicomte Desmond.
15. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
(a) Cheri is divorcing Edmee.
(b) Cheri has died.
(c) Cheri's marriage was annulled.
(d) Madame Peloux has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
2. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
3. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
4. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
5. Where does Cheri go after leaving Lea's house?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)