|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He has moments when he loves her.
(b) He withholds himself from her.
(c) He won't have anything to do with her.
(d) He is crazy about her.
2. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
(a) Financial security.
(b) Social connections.
(c) A more emotional connection.
(d) Lots of children.
3. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
(a) She never could stand him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She is glad he is gone.
(d) She loves him.
4. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
5. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's driving instructor.
(b) Cheri's mother?
(c) Cheri's tutor.
(d) Cheri's tailor's wife.
6. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Wrecks the car.
(b) Has an affair.
(c) Looks through his personal papers.
(d) Buys too many dresses.
7. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) A train station.
(b) Madame Peloux's garden.
(c) A sidewalk cafe.
(d) The Louvre.
8. What instructions does Cheri overhear Ernest giving to a porter?
(a) Come back tomorrow to pick up Lea's bags.
(b) Wait until he can return with a tip.
(c) Bring Lea's bags to the house tomorrow.
(d) Wait until he can get help with the bags.
9. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
10. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(d) String of pearls.
11. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(c) Horse and buggy.
12. Lea has never had a man so beautiful or so _________________ as Cheri.
13. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
14. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
(a) The botanical wing.
(b) The garden.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The breezeway.
15. Lea reminds Cheri that he needs to dress to have lunch with whom?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His godfather.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lea's profession?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
3. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
4. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
5. Where is Desmond's apartment located?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)