|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Cheri's attentions toward Lea be characterized?
2. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) A train station.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) A sidewalk cafe.
(d) Madame Peloux's garden.
3. How does Lea know Patron?
(a) He is her accountant.
(b) He is her gardener.
(c) He is a former lover.
(d) He is her driver.
4. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
(b) He does not make any demands on her.
(c) He is madly in love with her.
(d) He provides her with anything she needs.
5. By what other name is Lea known?
(a) Leonie Vallon.
(b) Lea Vavul.
(c) Cheri Vallon.
(d) Leontyne Valmont.
6. Which of the following did Lea NOT feed Cheri during this summer?
(c) Beef Bourguignon.
7. How does Cheri feel about Lea's trip out of Paris?
8. Who does Cheri encounter at the restaurant?
(a) Vicomte Desmond.
(c) Madame Lili.
9. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
(a) She is losing her memory.
(b) She sees her own future in her.
(c) She eats with her mouth open.
(d) She has grown quite fat.
10. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He withholds himself from her.
(b) He has moments when he loves her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He won't have anything to do with her.
11. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
(a) No traveling companion.
(b) No destination.
(c) No return date.
(d) No departure date.
12. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
13. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
14. Whose apartment do Cheri and Desmond visit?
(a) The Pal's.
(c) Madame Lili's.
15. What is the setting of the beginning of CHERI?
(a) A salon.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) Lea's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Lea's relationship with Cheri lasted?
2. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
3. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri?
5. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)