|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheri notice one night while walking near Lea's house?
(a) The house has been vacated.
(b) The house is being remodeled.
(c) The house has been demolished.
(d) A light is on in the house.
2. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He does not make any demands on her.
(b) He provides her with anything she needs.
(c) He is madly in love with her.
(d) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
3. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
4. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
(b) Epic poem.
(d) Short story.
5. Where did Lea and Cheri first kiss?
(a) Madame Peloux's garden.
(b) A train station.
(c) A sidewalk cafe.
(d) The Louvre.
6. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
7. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
8. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
9. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
10. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(a) String of pearls.
11. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(a) Horse and buggy.
12. What about Cheri is particularly frustrating for Edmee at this point?
(a) His sulky behavior when she is around.
(b) His unending purchases to add to his wardrobe.
(c) His inordinate amount of time spent with his mother.
(d) His unending changes to the construction and decor of their home.
13. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
(b) Desk key.
(c) Bank notes.
(d) Love letters.
14. By what other name is Lea known?
(a) Lea Vavul.
(b) Cheri Vallon.
(c) Leonie Vallon.
(d) Leontyne Valmont.
15. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
(a) Food preferences.
(d) Personal wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
2. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
3. What is Lea's profession?
4. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
5. In what year does CHERI begin?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)