|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl that Cheri's mother hopes he will marry?
2. Why is Cheri overjoyed from hearing Ernest talking to the porter?
(a) He knows that Lea will be coming home soon.
(b) He knows that Lea will telephone him tomorrow.
(c) He knows Lea is home.
(d) He knows that Lea is coming to see him.
3. Who does Cheri encounter at the restaurant?
(b) Madame Lili.
(c) Vicomte Desmond.
4. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Looks through his personal papers.
(b) Buys too many dresses.
(c) Has an affair.
(d) Wrecks the car.
6. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
7. Whose apartment do Cheri and Desmond visit?
(a) Madame Lili's.
(d) The Pal's.
8. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's tailor's wife.
(b) Cheri's tutor.
(c) Cheri's mother?
(d) Cheri's driving instructor.
9. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
(a) She sees her own future in her.
(b) She eats with her mouth open.
(c) She is losing her memory.
(d) She has grown quite fat.
10. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
11. Lea recalls reading a postcard sent from whom while she was away?
12. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) Everybody is drunk.
(b) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
(c) He gets a migraine.
(d) He doesn't do drugs.
13. What does Cheri demand from Lea at the beginning of CHERI?
(b) String of pearls.
14. What is the format of CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI?
(a) Epic poem.
(b) Short story.
15. On what matter does Cheri make all the decisions in the marriage?
(a) Social engagements.
(b) Family responsibilities.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Household and estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cheri feel about the world of his wife and mother?
2. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
3. How does Lea manage her feelings related to Cheri's upcoming marriage?
4. How old was Cheri when he began a relationship with Lea?
5. In what city does CHERI begin?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)