|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
(a) Buys a new car.
(b) Goes to the track.
(c) Stays with Desmond.
(d) Tries to find Lea.
2. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(d) Choose wine.
3. Who is the main character?
4. What jewelry does Edmee wear that causes Cheri to become upset?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Sapphire ring.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) Jade bracelet.
5. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He won't have anything to do with her.
(b) He withholds himself from her.
(c) He is crazy about her.
(d) He has moments when he loves her.
6. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
(a) The botanical wing.
(b) The breezeway.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The garden.
7. What about Cheri is particularly frustrating for Edmee at this point?
(a) His unending purchases to add to his wardrobe.
(b) His sulky behavior when she is around.
(c) His unending changes to the construction and decor of their home.
(d) His inordinate amount of time spent with his mother.
8. What does Cheri buy for his wife and mother before returning home?
(b) Theatre tickets.
(d) Fur coats.
9. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
(a) Rue de Marseilles.
(b) Rue Petite La Real.
(c) Avenue de Bresson.
(d) Avenue Bugeaud.
10. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
(a) She is famous.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She is compassionate.
(d) She has a large fortune.
11. For how many years has Lea known Madame Peloux?
12. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
(a) Be godfather to his son.
(b) Phone Edmee.
(c) Give him investment advice.
(d) Loan him money.
13. Which of the following do Cheri and Desmond NOT do during their time together?
(a) Drive in Cheri's car.
(b) Go to restaurants.
(c) Go to the museum.
(d) Drink alcohol.
14. Which of the following does Cheri reveal to Lea?
(a) Food preferences.
(d) Personal wishes.
15. What does Cheri accuse Edmee of trying to find in his personal items?
(a) Desk key.
(c) Bank notes.
(d) Love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
2. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
3. Who does Cheri encounter at the restaurant?
4. How does Cheri behave when he sees Edmee wearing the pearl necklace?
5. What is the topic of conversation between Cheri and his mother at breakfast?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)