|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Cheri?
(a) Dark eyes.
(c) Pale skin.
(d) Blue-black hair.
2. Why is Cheri going to marry Edmee?
(a) She is compassionate.
(b) She is intelligent.
(c) She has a large fortune.
(d) She is famous.
3. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He won't have anything to do with her.
(b) He is crazy about her.
(c) He withholds himself from her.
(d) He has moments when he loves her.
4. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
5. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) He doesn't do drugs.
(b) Everybody is drunk.
(c) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
(d) He gets a migraine.
6. What is Lea's concierge doing as Cheri approaches the house?
(a) Watering flowers.
(b) Polishing the railings.
(c) Sweeping the porch.
(d) Cleaning the windows.
7. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's tutor.
(b) Cheri's mother?
(c) Cheri's tailor's wife.
(d) Cheri's driving instructor.
8. How long has Lea's relationship with Cheri lasted?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 6 years.
9. With whom does Madame Peloux assume Lea has gone on a trip out of Paris?
(a) A former lover.
(b) No one.
(c) A new lover.
(d) Her sister.
10. What nickname does Cheri sometimes call Lea?
(b) No one.
11. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
(a) A bistro.
(b) Lea's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) The racetrack.
12. What topic does Madame Peloux mention occasionally to gauge Cheri and Edmee's reactions?
13. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
14. How does Lea manage her feelings related to Cheri's upcoming marriage?
(a) She gives him money for the honeymoon.
(b) She feigns indifference.
(c) She is depressed and won't see him.
(d) She helps with the planning.
15. What is the setting of the beginning of CHERI?
(a) A salon.
(b) The Louvre.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Lea's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lea hire to help Cheri during another summer?
2. What is the name of the street where Lea's house is located?
3. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
4. How long does Cheri stay at Desmond's?
5. What was the topic of Lili's postcard to Lea?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)