|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(b) Choose wine.
2. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
3. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
4. How old is Lea at the beginning of the story?
5. Lea recalls reading a postcard sent from whom while she was away?
6. Lea reminisces about a summer she spent with Cheri in ______________.
(d) Monte Carlo.
7. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
(b) He does not make any demands on her.
(c) He is madly in love with her.
(d) He provides her with anything she needs.
8. Who is the main character?
9. How does Cheri behave when he sees Edmee wearing the pearl necklace?
(a) He refuses any romantic overtures.
(b) He rips the necklace from her body.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He stomps out of the room.
10. What mode of transportation do Cheri and Desmond utilize during their time together?
(a) Horse and buggy.
11. For how many years has Lea known Madame Peloux?
12. Who essentially raised Cheri?
13. How does Cheri feel about Lea's trip out of Paris?
14. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
15. How old was Cheri when he began a relationship with Lea?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of her home does Madame Peloux host lunch?
2. What meal to Cheri and his mother share upon his return from his honeymoon?
3. How can Cheri's attentions toward Lea be characterized?
4. Lea informs Madame Peloux of her departure but reveals ________________.
5. Which of the following does Lea NOT do after Cheri leaves?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)