|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Desmond's apartment located?
(a) Hotel Allegro.
(b) The Morris Hotel.
(c) Hotel Champs Elysees.
(d) Hotel des Tuileries.
2. What does Edmee do to make Cheri burst into anger at her?
(a) Wrecks the car.
(b) Buys too many dresses.
(c) Has an affair.
(d) Looks through his personal papers.
3. In what city does CHERI begin?
4. How does Cheri relate to Edmee?
(a) He won't have anything to do with her.
(b) He withholds himself from her.
(c) He has moments when he loves her.
(d) He is crazy about her.
5. Where do Cheri and Edmee go for their honeymoon?
(a) Monte Carlo.
6. Whose apartment do Cheri and Desmond visit?
(b) The Pal's.
(c) Madame Lili's.
7. What is the topic of conversation between Cheri and his mother at breakfast?
(a) Lea's new house.
(b) Edmmee's new wardrobe.
(c) The honeymoon trip.
(d) Lea's trip away from Paris.
8. Which of the following does Cheri NOT say to Edmee when he tries to assure her that he loves her?
(a) He treats her the way any wife would want to be treated.
(b) He is madly in love with her.
(c) He does not make any demands on her.
(d) He provides her with anything she needs.
9. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
10. What does Edmee hope for in her marriage?
(a) A more emotional connection.
(b) Lots of children.
(c) Financial security.
(d) Social connections.
11. How long does Cheri stay at Desmond's?
(a) A month.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Nearly six months.
12. Who is the main character?
13. Missing Cheri makes Lea think she is _________.
14. What makes Cheri suddenly leave the Pal's apartment?
(a) He gets a migraine.
(b) Pearls around the Pal's neck.
(c) Everybody is drunk.
(d) He doesn't do drugs.
15. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
(a) She sees her own future in her.
(b) She has grown quite fat.
(c) She is losing her memory.
(d) She eats with her mouth open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the lives of Lea and Madame Peloux?
2. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
3. How does Lea know Patron?
4. About what topic does Desmond continually ask Cheri?
5. Lea reminds Cheri that he needs to dress to have lunch with whom?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)