|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instructions does Cheri overhear Ernest giving to a porter?
(a) Come back tomorrow to pick up Lea's bags.
(b) Bring Lea's bags to the house tomorrow.
(c) Wait until he can get help with the bags.
(d) Wait until he can return with a tip.
2. What does Patron teach Cheri to do?
(b) Choose wine.
3. Who is Madame Charlotte Peloux?
(a) Cheri's tutor.
(b) Cheri's tailor's wife.
(c) Cheri's driving instructor.
(d) Cheri's mother?
4. What is Lea's profession?
5. How does Lea manage her feelings related to Cheri's upcoming marriage?
(a) She gives him money for the honeymoon.
(b) She helps with the planning.
(c) She feigns indifference.
(d) She is depressed and won't see him.
6. What information does Cheri try to extract from Ernest?
(a) Lea's holiday plans.
(b) Lea's birthday.
(c) Lea's new lover.
(d) Lea's location.
7. One day Cheri takes a walk and finds himself at _______________.
(a) A bistro.
(b) Lea's house.
(c) The racetrack.
(d) A bar.
8. Whose apartment do Cheri and Desmond visit?
(b) Madame Lili's.
(c) The Pal's.
9. Lea recalls reading a postcard sent from whom while she was away?
10. What is the literary technique in which Lea tells about the past via memories?
11. Cheri tells Lea that he is to marry whom?
12. Who is Lea's concierge?
13. What does Lea admit to herself about Cheri?
(a) She never could stand him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is glad he is gone.
(d) She hates him.
14. How old is Cheri at the beginning of the story?
15. What does Cheri ask Desmond to do for him?
(a) Be godfather to his son.
(b) Phone Edmee.
(c) Give him investment advice.
(d) Loan him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheri do instead of returning home the next day?
2. How long has Lea's relationship with Cheri lasted?
3. Why is Lea so repulsed by the sight of Lili and her young companion?
4. What drug does the Pal use in her apartment?
5. Who is the girl that Cheri's mother hopes he will marry?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)