Cheri, Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI are two novellas about the relationship between a young man named Cheri and his French courtesan named Lea.
• As CHERI opens in Paris in 1913, 24-year-old Cheri toys with 49-year-old Lea by playfully demanding that she give him the string of pearls around her neck.
• Lea reminds Cheri that he must dress in order to attend a party at the home of his mother, Madame Peloux.
• Guests at the luncheon will also include Madame Peloux's friend, Marie-Laure and her daughter, Edmee, who the women hope will soon become Cheri's wife.
• Lea is nearing the end of a career as a well-cared for courtesan but still tries to maintain her appearance and keep up a youthful demeanor.
• Lea dresses and attends Madame Peloux's party, at the end of which Lea and Cheri lounge together in the garden while Madame Peloux feigns...
This section contains 1,802 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)