* CHERI and THE LAST OF CHERI are two novellas about the relationship between a young man named Cheri and his French courtesan named Lea.
* As CHERI opens in Paris in 1913, 24-year-old Cheri toys with 49-year-old Lea by playfully demanding that she give him the string of pearls around her neck.
* Lea reminds Cheri that he must dress in order to attend a party at the home of his mother, Madame Peloux.
* Guests at the luncheon will also include Madame Peloux's friend, Marie-Laure and her daughter, Edmee, who the women hope will soon become Cheri's wife.
* Lea is nearing the end of a career as a well-cared for courtesan but still tries to maintain her appearance and keep up a youthful demeanor.
* Lea dresses and attends Madame Peloux's party, at the end of which Lea and Cheri lounge together in the garden while Madame Peloux feigns...
This section contains 1,626 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)