|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about when Dad first met Mother's family?
(a) He played a practical joke on her parents.
(b) He had a lot in common with them, and they loved him.
(c) He was very different from them, but they loved him.
(d) He unintentionally insulted them.
2. Initially, which child did the doctor say did not need their tonsils out?
(a) Frank, Jr.
3. How did Dad assign positions on the boat to the children?
(a) According to their ages.
(b) According to their gender.
(c) According to their behavior.
(d) According to their interests.
4. What happened to Martha's two canaries during their summer travel?
(a) They got loose outside of their vacation house.
(b) While on the ferry, they got loose.
(c) They were not allowed on board the ferry, and she had to leave them behind.
(d) Bill let them loose in the car, and they caused Dad to drive off the road.
5. How did the children rebel during the tea party?
(a) They snuck into the kitchen to steal sweets.
(b) They sang very loudly at the table.
(c) They hid from their grandmother.
(d) They played in the sprinkler and became soaking wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a psychologist came to visit, what prank did the children play on her?
2. Who was the last Gilbreth child to be born?
3. What did Grandma Gilbreth give to the children to help them ward off illness?
4. What concern did Mother have about giving birth at home?
5. Who got injured when Bill played a prank on them?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the family was on summer vacation, what educational strategies did Dad employ?
2. What event prompted the children to loosen up and behave as they normally would?
3. What didn't Dad believe in, which he told the children they weren't allowed to do?
4. How many of the children were born at home, and what was Mother's only concern about delivering them at home?
5. What did Dad attempt to do each year on their summer vacation, which caused tension between him and Mother?
6. Why did Dad purchase a boat, and what was the name of the boat?
7. When the children arrived at Mother's relatives' home, how did they behave initially?
8. How were the children trained to treat house guests?
9. Where did Mother and Dad first meet, and how did he try to impress her?
10. When a psychologist came to visit, why did the children retaliate against her?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)