|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point in their relationship did Mother and Dad begin to dream about having a large family?
(a) After they had their first child.
(b) After they had their second child.
(c) On their wedding day.
(d) On their first date.
2. In Chapter 8, what does the reader learn about Mother's family?
(a) They were very boisterous and outgoing people.
(b) They were preoccupied by their material possessions.
(c) They focused on appearances rather than on the importance of relationships.
(d) They focused on the importance of relationships rather than appearances.
3. Where was the last Gilbreth child born?
(a) At Mother's parents' house.
(b) In a train station.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) Outside near the water.
4. What happened to the children during their trip home?
(a) They caught the whooping cough.
(b) They were punished for misbehaving.
(c) They got lost at the train station.
(d) They were detained at the train station because they lost their tickets.
5. What did the children's peers at school harass them about?
(a) Their father being plump.
(b) Using wooden pencils.
(c) Having hired help at home.
(d) Owning a nice car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mother leave the hospital before giving birth to her seventh child?
2. When the children got sick, what did Mother do?
3. What was the name of the boat Dad purchased?
4. What happened when Dad fell overboard their boat?
5. Where did the children have their tonsils taken out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dad have the children collect wooden pencils?
2. What was it about Dad's passion for photography which bothered the children?
3. Why were the children harassed at school?
4. When the children needed to have their tonsils removed, whose tonsils were removed, even though they didn't need to be?
5. How did the boat bring out Dad's sense of imaginative play?
6. What happened to Martha's canaries when they were traveling to Nantucket, Massachusetts?
7. While the family was on summer vacation, what educational strategies did Dad employ?
8. When a psychologist came to visit, why did the children retaliate against her?
9. How many of the children were born at home, and what was Mother's only concern about delivering them at home?
10. When the children arrived at Mother's relatives' home, how did they behave initially?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)