|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstance surrounded Fred's birth?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A communication shortage as a result of a hurricane.
(c) A power outage as a result of a thunderstorm.
(d) A small fire in the kitchen.
2. Which of the following is not something the children did on the boat?
(a) They sang songs.
(b) They pretended to be fish and mermaids.
(c) They swabbed decks.
(d) They learned about mooring.
3. How did Mother and Dad often respond to the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
(a) Mother would cry, and Dad would be angry for days.
(b) Mother giggled about them, while Dad was angry.
(c) They wrote letters to the newspaper demanding that they correct the inaccuracies.
(d) They giggled about it.
4. How did the children respond when Aunt Anne made changes to the household?
(a) They played pranks on her constantly.
(b) They ignored her rules.
(c) They asked her to move in with them permanently.
(d) They spent an entire meal making her life miserable.
5. Where was the last Gilbreth child born?
(a) At Mother's parents' house.
(b) In a train station.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) Outside near the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tried to teach the Gilbreth children where babies come from?
2. What lessons did Dad conduct with the children on their vacation?
3. What did Dad do every summer on their family vacation?
4. Which of the following was true about Aunt Anne?
5. When Mother and Dad returned home, what did Aunt Anne tell them about her visit with the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Mother and Dad first meet, and how did he try to impress her?
2. When Mother traveled alone with the children to visit her relatives in California, what challenges did she face?
3. How did the boat bring out Dad's sense of imaginative play?
4. Why did Dad have the children collect wooden pencils?
5. What did the children begin to associate with Mother being pregnant?
6. Why did Dad purchase a boat, and what was the name of the boat?
7. At what point in their relationship did Mother and Dad agree they would like a large family with twelve children?
8. How did Dad reinforce the importance of good table manners?
9. How were the children trained to treat house guests?
10. What event prompted the children to loosen up and behave as they normally would?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)