|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who surprised Mother and the children on their trip home?
(b) Uncle Fred.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Chew Wong.
2. How did the older children feel about the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
(a) They were able to shrug it off because they were used to it.
(b) They were angry, and they sometimes got into fights at school.
(c) They were happy because it meant they were a bit famous.
(d) They were mortified.
3. Who got injured when Bill played a prank on them?
(a) Aunt Elinor.
(b) Chew Wong.
(c) The children's grandmother.
(d) Uncle Fred.
4. When the Gilbreth children visit Mother's relatives, how did they behave at first?
(a) They disobeyed often.
(b) They were homesick and wouldn't speak to anyone.
(c) They were noisy and disrespectful.
(d) They were on their best behavior.
5. When the children had their tonsils taken out, what did Dad do?
(a) He decided to conduct a study of motion during operations.
(b) He observed the surgeries and became ill.
(c) He didn't allow them to rest very long afterward, so they could learn to recover quickly.
(d) He dressed up as a clown to make them feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the children respond when Aunt Anne made changes to the household?
2. What did Grandma Gilbreth give to the children to help them ward off illness?
3. How did Uncle Fred surprise Mother and the children?
4. What decision did Dad make regarding his own surgery?
5. Why did Mother leave the hospital before giving birth to her seventh child?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the children needed to have their tonsils removed, whose tonsils were removed, even though they didn't need to be?
2. Why were the children harassed at school?
3. What happened to Martha's canaries when they were traveling to Nantucket, Massachusetts?
4. How many of the children were born at home, and what was Mother's only concern about delivering them at home?
5. Why did Dad have the children collect wooden pencils?
6. At what point in their relationship did Mother and Dad agree they would like a large family with twelve children?
7. What event prompted the children to loosen up and behave as they normally would?
8. Describe the incident when Dad fell overboard the boat.
9. How were the children trained to treat house guests?
10. How did Dad reinforce the importance of good table manners?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)