|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Dad fell overboard their boat?
(a) The children were concerned that he would not surface, but then he came up smiling.
(b) He had to be rescued by the coast guard.
(c) The girls cried, and the boys laughed.
(d) Bill tried to throw him a lifesaver, and then he fell overboard as well.
2. When Mother and Dad returned home, what did Aunt Anne tell them about her visit with the children?
(a) She told them the children were excellent musicians now.
(b) She told them the children had been very rude.
(c) She said that everything went fine, even though it hadn't.
(d) She told them their children were the best behaved children she had ever encountered.
3. Which of the following was true about Aunt Anne?
(a) She was funny.
(b) She was opposed to discipline.
(c) She was strong-willed.
(d) She was passive.
4. When Mother was sick with a cold, what did the children assume about her?
(a) She was going to have another baby.
(b) She might die.
(c) She would have to go to the hospital.
(d) She would have to stay in bed for a year.
5. What gender did Dad want their first child to be?
(a) He desperately wanted a boy.
(b) Whatever Mother wanted.
(c) He insisted that he didn't care whether it was a boy or a girl.
(d) He desperately wanted a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who got injured when Bill played a prank on them?
2. What mistake did the doctor realize when Ernestine was lying on the operating table?
3. What is the primary focus of Chapter 15?
4. What concern did Mother have about giving birth at home?
5. Which of the following does the reader learn in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the children get along with Mother's relatives in California?
2. Why did Dad insist on setting up movie cameras when the children had their tonsils removed?
3. At what point in their relationship did Mother and Dad agree they would like a large family with twelve children?
4. Why did Dad have the children collect wooden pencils?
5. What happened to Martha's canaries when they were traveling to Nantucket, Massachusetts?
6. How many of the children were born at home, and what was Mother's only concern about delivering them at home?
7. What didn't Dad believe in, which he told the children they weren't allowed to do?
8. While the family was on summer vacation, what educational strategies did Dad employ?
9. Why did Dad purchase a boat, and what was the name of the boat?
10. When a psychologist came to visit, why did the children retaliate against her?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)