|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the children expected to respond when they heard the whistle?
(a) They were to shout their name to be accounted for.
(b) They were to come as quickly as possible.
(c) They were to start their chores.
(d) They were to go to bed.
2. What subject was Martha particularly good at, which gained the family notoriety?
3. What did the children do before they left the area where they ate lunch?
(a) They picked up all of the garbage, including the garbage left by other people.
(b) They played a practical joke on Dad.
(c) They sang songs together.
(d) They took turns reciting things they had learned from Mother and Dad's lessons.
4. What was the family's code name for going to the bathroom in the woods instead of using a public restroom?
(a) "Visiting Mr. Tree."
(b) "Visiting Mrs. Willow."
(c) "Visiting Mr. Meadow."
(d) "Visiting Mrs. Murphy."
5. Much to Dad's dismay, what happened when he attempted to build a cement bird bath?
(a) The children ran into it while playing and ruined it.
(b) The children told him they thought it was a boring project.
(c) He used too much sand, and it fell apart when he took it out of the mold.
(d) Bill built one also, but much faster than Dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that the family outing was a disaster?
3. What did Frank Gilbreth, Sr. do when a child or group of children did something that pleased him?
4. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
5. Throughout Chapter 6, what quality does Dad display with regard to his children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mother and Dad each strive to educate the children while they ate lunch on their road trips?
2. When a woman mistakenly thought the family was a group of orphans, how did Dad respond?
3. What happened when Dad attempted to build a cement bird bath, and how did he feel about it?
4. What did Dad have a reputation for doing on family road trips, and how did Mother prepare for it?
5. What are two examples of ways in which Dad did not allow any time to be wasted for the children?
6. How did Lill earn a pair of roller skates when she was eight years old?
7. Why did Dad name the family's first car the "Foolish Carriage"?
8. Whenever Mother asserted herself, how did Dad usually respond?
9. How did Dad often surprise the family?
10. By what method did Mother and Dad choose to run the household?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)