|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lill make a male house guest feel at home?
(a) She asked him to teach her how to be funny like he was.
(b) She hugged him and said he had children who loved him.
(c) She baked cookies all by herself and gave them to him as a present.
(d) She told him he was the nicest man she had ever met.
2. How did the older children feel about the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
(a) They were angry, and they sometimes got into fights at school.
(b) They were able to shrug it off because they were used to it.
(c) They were mortified.
(d) They were happy because it meant they were a bit famous.
3. What did the children consider to be a great triumph at the dinner table?
(a) If they caught Dad with his elbows on the table.
(b) If they made it through the entire meal without being reprimanded for their manners.
(c) If Bill remembered to eat with his mouth closed.
(d) If Mother and Dad didn't argue about styles of discipline.
4. Which of Mother's plans was disrupted?
(a) She wanted to surprise Dad with a visit from the children.
(b) She wanted the children to be clean and orderly when they reached their destination.
(c) She wanted to take the children to a surprise destination.
(d) She wanted the children to have a good meal on the train.
5. How did Uncle Fred surprise Mother and the children?
(a) He took them to a carnival.
(b) He took them to the ocean.
(c) He got on the train one stop before their final destination.
(d) He brought presents for each one of them.
6. Who was the last Gilbreth child to be born?
7. When did Mother become pregnant with their first child?
(a) About a week after their wedding.
(b) Five years after their wedding.
(c) About a year after their wedding.
(d) About a month after their wedding.
8. Initially, which child did the doctor say did not need their tonsils out?
(b) Frank, Jr.
9. What was it about Dad's photography that scared the youngest Gilbreth children?
(a) His use of flash powder.
(b) The process he used to develop the photographs.
(c) The loud sounds the camera made.
(d) His photographic laboratory in the barn.
10. Which of the following was true about Aunt Anne?
(a) She was opposed to discipline.
(b) She was passive.
(c) She was strong-willed.
(d) She was funny.
11. How did Dad assign positions on the boat to the children?
(a) According to their ages.
(b) According to their behavior.
(c) According to their gender.
(d) According to their interests.
12. Why did Dad purchase a boat?
(a) To reward the children for learning how to swim.
(b) The price was so low, he couldn't say no.
(c) He wanted to study the movement of a boat in different kinds of weather.
(d) It was his lifelong dream.
13. How did Mother and Dad often respond to the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
(a) They wrote letters to the newspaper demanding that they correct the inaccuracies.
(b) They giggled about it.
(c) Mother giggled about them, while Dad was angry.
(d) Mother would cry, and Dad would be angry for days.
14. Who tried to teach the Gilbreth children where babies come from?
(d) Their friends at school.
15. At what point in their relationship did Mother and Dad begin to dream about having a large family?
(a) On their first date.
(b) After they had their second child.
(c) On their wedding day.
(d) After they had their first child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad make the children swim every day?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13, "Have You Seen the Latest Model?" referring to?
3. What mistake did the doctor realize when Ernestine was lying on the operating table?
4. How did the children feel when they experienced luxury?
5. In Chapter 8, what does the reader learn about Mother's family?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)