|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
(a) They had to finish their homework.
(b) They had to wash their faces and brush their teeth.
(c) They had to finish their chores.
(d) They had to conduct a fire drill.
2. What is the primary focus of Chapter 15?
(a) Good manners and Aunt Anne's visits.
(b) Poor manners and music lessons.
(c) Good manners and house guests.
(d) Pranks and house guests.
3. When the children considered what it would have been like to be an only child, what was their conclusion?
(a) They were happy to have siblings.
(b) They each wished they were an only child.
(c) They were happy to have siblings, but wished they were either all boys or all girls.
(d) The boys were happy to have siblings, but the girls each wished they were an only child.
4. What announcement is made at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Dad had a bad heart for years and was going to die.
(b) Dad had developed cancer and was going to die.
(c) Dad passed away suddenly.
(d) Dad had a bad heart and would die unless he lost weight.
5. What happened to the children during their trip home?
(a) They were punished for misbehaving.
(b) They caught the whooping cough.
(c) They got lost at the train station.
(d) They were detained at the train station because they lost their tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Mother and Dad were a great team as parents, in what area did they disagree?
2. What elements of the novel does Ernestine Gilbreth Carey introduce in the Preface of the book?
3. When the children had their tonsils taken out, what did Dad do?
4. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
5. How did Dad respond when newspaper photographers would come to take their picture?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)