|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
(a) A policeman who was taking a group of undisciplined children to an orphanage.
(b) A teacher who was taking children on a field trip.
(c) The leader of a group of circus performers.
(d) A benevolent superintendent who was taking a group of orphans out for the day.
2. The children joined together to vote for __________.
(a) A dog.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A cat.
3. Which of the following is not something the children did on the boat?
(a) They swabbed decks.
(b) They pretended to be fish and mermaids.
(c) They sang songs.
(d) They learned about mooring.
4. Once Dad became a parent, what did he quickly learn about children, which contradicted his theories?
(a) Babies cry and sleep often.
(b) Children do not always obey their parents.
(c) Children would rather play than study.
(d) Children don't talk right after birth, and they don't instinctively swim.
5. How did Mother approach her disagreement with Dad in a particular area of parenting?
(a) She quietly resented him for it.
(b) She went along with it.
(c) She went behind his back and did things differently.
(d) She argued with him about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mother usually respond to Dad's joking and situations that would come up with the children?
2. What was Dad's response to the movie "Over the Hill to the Poor House"?
3. What did Dad do every summer on their family vacation?
4. At the time when Mother traveled with the children, how many children were in the Gilbreth family?
5. What elements of the novel does Ernestine Gilbreth Carey introduce in the Preface of the book?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)