|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the young man with the motorcycle circle around the neighborhood?
(a) He was upset when Anne said she didn't want to go out with him anymore.
(b) He wanted to see Ernestine on school nights when she wasn't allowed out.
(c) He was upset when Dad wouldn't allow him to see his daughter anymore.
(d) He wanted to impress Anne.
2. When "Foolish Carriage" would not start, what did this moment symbolize?
(a) A time when Dad needed to let go of the things which caused him angst.
(b) A time when Dad needed to stop agonizing and relax with his family.
(c) A time when Dad needed to realize that family is more important than material things.
(d) A time when Dad needed to stop and let his children grow up on their own.
3. Once the children became comfortable at their relatives' house, what was the environment like?
(a) The relatives were exhausted by the children, and bickered with one another constantly.
(b) The house was full of joy.
(c) The house was noisy and chaotic.
(d) The house was a mess.
4. How did the children call Dad's bluff one night?
(a) They got up to leave the movie without asking to stay for a second one.
(b) They didn't ask Dad to take them for ice cream after the movie.
(c) They left home early and rode their bicycles to the movies before Dad realized they were gone.
(d) They were still and quiet for the entire movie.
5. What challenge did the girls face where dating was concerned?
(a) Their dates would be scared of Dad and not return to the house.
(b) Their dates would sometimes develop interest in one of their sisters.
(c) Their brothers would interfere and make embarrassing comments.
(d) Their dates were often overwhelmed by their large family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad feel it was important to conduct a roll call before leaving on their family outing?
2. Although Dad enforced a majority rule system in the house, what was he growing concerned about at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Who surprised Mother and the children on their trip home?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Dad?
5. In Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about how Dad strived to please his family?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)