|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dad doing when he suddenly died?
(a) He was on the telephone with Mother.
(b) He was traveling by train.
(c) He was asleep.
(d) He was holding Mother's hand.
2. Initially, which child did the doctor say did not need their tonsils out?
(d) Frank, Jr.
3. What practical joke did Dad often play on the children?
(a) He would tell them they couldn't have dessert, but then he would take them out for ice cream.
(b) He would tell them to look in the engine of the car for a birdie, and then he would honk the horn to scare them.
(c) He would blow the whistle to get their attention and then say "Just joking!"
(d) He would tell them he had a lavish surprise for them, but he really had nothing.
4. Who tried to teach the Gilbreth children where babies come from?
(a) Their friends at school.
5. What method did Dad use to reinforce the importance of social poise?
(a) Verbal reprimands.
(c) Verbal praise.
(d) Corporal punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chapter 5 entitled "Mister Chairman"?
2. How did Mother respond to the news that Dad might die?
3. What symptoms did Dad have when his health began to decline?
4. Who got injured when Bill played a prank on them?
5. How did Dad respond to the doctors when they delivered advice?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)