|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision did Dad make regarding his own surgery?
(a) He had the oldest children assist the doctor so they could learn about operations.
(b) He chose not to be completely put under during the surgery.
(c) He chose not to have the surgery, and he would save money for his children's surgeries.
(d) He became ill watching the children's surgeries and backed out of his own.
2. How were the children expected to respond when they heard the whistle?
(a) They were to go to bed.
(b) They were to start their chores.
(c) They were to shout their name to be accounted for.
(d) They were to come as quickly as possible.
3. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
(a) The leader of a group of circus performers.
(b) A policeman who was taking a group of undisciplined children to an orphanage.
(c) A benevolent superintendent who was taking a group of orphans out for the day.
(d) A teacher who was taking children on a field trip.
4. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
(a) They had to finish their chores.
(b) They had to wash their faces and brush their teeth.
(c) They had to conduct a fire drill.
(d) They had to finish their homework.
5. What comment did one woman in particular make about the children?
(a) The poor children looked adorable in their uniforms.
(b) The children appeared to be very well-behaved.
(c) The children were probably greedy and undisciplined.
(d) The children looked hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Mother and Dad were a great team as parents, in what area did they disagree?
2. When the Gilbreth children visit Mother's relatives, how did they behave at first?
3. How did the older children feel about the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
4. What is the primary focus of Chapter 15?
5. What did the children do before they left the area where they ate lunch?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)