|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the children didn't have an interest in skipping grades, what was their motivation to try to achieve it anyway?
(a) To avoid being punished.
(b) To complete their education sooner.
(c) To make Mother and Dad proud of them.
(d) To avoid the humiliation of having a younger sibling join their class.
2. Which of the following is not a reason that the family outing was a disaster?
(a) The girls were embarrassed by their clothes.
(b) The boys started goofing off.
(c) Mother was not amused by Dad's antics.
(d) The car engine failed, and they could not drive home.
3. Using a method he designed, what experiment did Dad conduct with the children?
(a) He attempted to teach them how to build a bird house.
(b) He attempted to teach them how to type.
(c) He attempted to teach them how to sing in harmony.
(d) He attempted to teach them how to write in cursive.
4. Who was the last Gilbreth child to be born?
5. Once Dad became a parent, what did he quickly learn about children, which contradicted his theories?
(a) Children do not always obey their parents.
(b) Children would rather play than study.
(c) Children don't talk right after birth, and they don't instinctively swim.
(d) Babies cry and sleep often.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last Gilbreth child born?
2. How often did the Gilbreth family practice fire drills?
3. What was one thing that Dad would not allow?
4. In Chapter 4, how did Mother prepare for what she believed would be the inevitable outcome of their road trip?
5. Which of the following is not something the children did on the boat?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)