|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What volunteer work was Mother involved in?
(a) She volunteered in the town library.
(b) She made quilts for those less fortunate.
(c) She was active in Sunday school work and served on several committees.
(d) She was involved in local politics and served on a campaign committee.
2. If a child was rude while a guest was over for dinner, how did Dad respond?
(a) He ordered them to go straight to bed.
(b) He made them stand and recite the Gettysburg Address.
(c) He whacked them on the head with his knuckles.
(d) He made them leave the table and sit alone in the kitchen.
3. Which of the following is not a reason that the family outing was a disaster?
(a) The car engine failed, and they could not drive home.
(b) Mother was not amused by Dad's antics.
(c) The girls were embarrassed by their clothes.
(d) The boys started goofing off.
4. Why did Dad name their first car "Foolish Carriage"?
(a) He thought he looked foolish in it.
(b) He thought it was a foolish invention.
(c) He thought it was foolish to own a car when he had so many children.
(d) He didn't think he should purchase it, but he needed it for his large family.
5. How did Lill display a strong work ethic at the age of eight?
(a) She asked a store owner if she could earn a pair of roller skates by working around his shop.
(b) She completed a very tough chore to earn a little money toward some roller skates.
(c) She started a lemonade stand business so she could buy some roller skates.
(d) She refused to allow her parents to buy her some roller skates, because she wanted to earn them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a psychologist came to visit, what prank did the children play on her?
2. What is the focus of Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 4, how did Mother prepare for what she believed would be the inevitable outcome of their road trip?
4. Which child was the only child allowed in the kitchen with the chef?
5. Although Dad enforced a majority rule system in the house, what was he growing concerned about at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)