|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment did one woman in particular make about the children?
(a) The children looked hungry.
(b) The poor children looked adorable in their uniforms.
(c) The children appeared to be very well-behaved.
(d) The children were probably greedy and undisciplined.
2. While the family ate lunch, how did Dad use the time to educate the children?
(a) He gave them science and history lessons.
(b) He made them practice their spelling.
(c) He practiced math puzzles with them.
(d) He taught the older children how to drive the car.
3. How did Mother approach her disagreement with Dad in a particular area of parenting?
(a) She quietly resented him for it.
(b) She went behind his back and did things differently.
(c) She argued with him about it.
(d) She went along with it.
4. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
(a) With one of her children by her side.
(b) With a humorous anecdote about her family.
(c) With one minute of silence to calm her nerves before speaking.
(d) With a dictionary definition of whatever she planned to stress in her comments.
5. According to Ernestine, which of the following statements is true about the popularity of the book, "Cheaper by the Dozen"?
(a) Although people around the world like the story, the book sales were never very strong.
(b) It was very popular a few decades ago, but it is not very popular today.
(c) The readers do not ask many questions about the Gilbreth family.
(d) It has captured the hearts of readers across decades and around the world through book sales and an active website.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Chapter 5 entitled "Mister Chairman"?
2. Although Dad enforced a majority rule system in the house, what was he growing concerned about at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Who was the last Gilbreth child to be born?
4. When the family arrived to their vacation house, what did they receive in a package?
5. The children joined together to vote for __________.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)