|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the family ate lunch, how did Dad use the time to educate the children?
(a) He gave them science and history lessons.
(b) He practiced math puzzles with them.
(c) He taught the older children how to drive the car.
(d) He made them practice their spelling.
2. What was Dad's view of religious training?
(a) He wasn't sure whether or not he believed in God, but held an appreciation for the history of religion.
(b) He believed in God, but he was uncomfortable allowing his children to have religious training.
(c) He didn't believe in God, nor did he want his children to have religious education.
(d) He didn't trust the church, but he wanted his children to have religious education.
3. What concern did Mother have about giving birth at home?
(a) Dad might interfere too much.
(b) The new baby might not be able to sleep in such a busy household.
(c) She might not be able to rest afterward.
(d) Her screams might scare the children.
4. Which of the following was true about Dad's driving?
(a) He always drove very fsat.
(b) He was a terrific driver.
(c) He was a terrible driver.
(d) He always drove very slow.
5. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
(a) Dad and Mother disagreed often.
(b) Dad respected Mother, and yielded to her wishes when she asserted herself.
(c) Dad did not respect Mother, because their points of view were so different.
(d) Mother always supported Dad, even if she didn't like something he was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was permitted to sit in the front seat for their big family outing?
2. How did the children respond when Aunt Anne made changes to the household?
3. What is the primary focus of Chapter2?
4. Throughout Chapter 6, what quality does Dad display with regard to his children?
5. When Mother and Dad returned home, what did Aunt Anne tell them about her visit with the children?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)