|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mother's plans was disrupted?
(a) She wanted the children to have a good meal on the train.
(b) She wanted the children to be clean and orderly when they reached their destination.
(c) She wanted to take the children to a surprise destination.
(d) She wanted to surprise Dad with a visit from the children.
2. Which is an example of how Mother's approach to parenting tempered Dad's approach?
(a) Mother didn't play practical jokes on the children.
(b) Mother put her foot down when Dad would try to make the children more efficient.
(c) Mother allowed the children to break the rules sometimes so they could have fun.
(d) Mother firmly discouraged Dad from entering Ernestine into a high level competition.
3. Although Dad enforced a majority rule system in the house, what was he growing concerned about at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The children might not learn to understand that no means no.
(b) The children might think this is always how the world works.
(c) The children might begin to join together to vote for big issues such as bobbed hair and stockings.
(d) The children might begin to outvote him and Mother and take over the house.
4. What were Mother's parents concerned about?
(a) They didn't think they would be able to take a nap with all of the noise.
(b) They were concerned about Mother working so hard.
(c) They thought the children did not feel at home.
(d) They were worried about Baby Fred, who was sick.
5. How did the older children feel about the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
(a) They were able to shrug it off because they were used to it.
(b) They were angry, and they sometimes got into fights at school.
(c) They were mortified.
(d) They were happy because it meant they were a bit famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fred's job in the household?
2. What is the title of Chapter 13, "Have You Seen the Latest Model?" referring to?
3. What did Dad do every summer on their family vacation?
4. Whom did the townspeople play a joke on?
5. Where did the family vacation every summer?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)