|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about Dad's background?
(a) His father was a store owner and died very young.
(b) He was an orphan, because both of his parents died when he was very young.
(c) His mother was a passive woman and died very young.
(d) His father had a construction business and encouraged his son to follow the same career path.
2. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
(a) The steering wheel.
(b) The spare tire.
(c) The horn.
(d) The color of the paint.
3. In Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about how Dad strived to please his family?
(a) He took them out for ice cream every evening after dinner.
(b) He often brought them surprises and gifts.
(c) He always came home from work on time.
(d) He cooked elaborate dinners.
4. How did Mother approach her disagreement with Dad in a particular area of parenting?
(a) She argued with him about it.
(b) She went behind his back and did things differently.
(c) She quietly resented him for it.
(d) She went along with it.
5. In Chapter 8, to where did Mother travel with the children?
(a) To Boston to visit her parents.
(b) To Connecticut to visit Uncle Fred.
(c) To California to visit her relatives.
(d) To Fort Sill, Oklahoma, to visit Dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the Gilbreth family practice fire drills?
2. When the children got measles, what did Dad do?
3. Following his filming of the surgeries, what did the photographer communicate to Dad?
4. In Chapter 4, how did Mother prepare for what she believed would be the inevitable outcome of their road trip?
5. When people questioned why the car was so crowded with children, how did Dad respond?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)