|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does the reader learn about Mother's family?
(a) They focused on the importance of relationships rather than appearances.
(b) They focused on appearances rather than on the importance of relationships.
(c) They were preoccupied by their material possessions.
(d) They were very boisterous and outgoing people.
2. Where did the family vacation every summer?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Nantucket, Massachusetts.
(d) New London, Connecticut.
3. How did the children feel when they experienced luxury?
(a) They felt unworthy of such special treatment.
(b) They felt like they were princes and princesses.
(c) They felt like they had fairy godmothers.
(d) They felt jealous.
4. How did Mother approach her disagreement with Dad in a particular area of parenting?
(a) She argued with him about it.
(b) She quietly resented him for it.
(c) She went behind his back and did things differently.
(d) She went along with it.
5. How did Dad feel when their crowded car drew the attention of onlookers?
(a) He was embarrassed.
(b) He was offended.
(c) He was angry.
(d) It brought him great delight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a reason Dad drove the children to advance quickly in school?
2. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
3. How did Dad respond when Bill played a practical joke on him?
4. Initially, which child did the doctor say did not need their tonsils out?
5. Who was permitted to sit in the front seat for their big family outing?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)