|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a reason Dad drove the children to advance quickly in school?
(a) He didn't do well in school himself, and he wanted his children to do better than he did.
(b) He wanted them to compete in national academic competitions.
(c) He wanted to brag to everyone about how smart his children were.
(d) He wanted to get as many of them as possible through college before he died.
2. What subject was Martha particularly good at, which gained the family notoriety?
3. When the Gilbreth children visit Mother's relatives, how did they behave at first?
(a) They disobeyed often.
(b) They were noisy and disrespectful.
(c) They were on their best behavior.
(d) They were homesick and wouldn't speak to anyone.
4. The Preface provides a glimpse into which dynamics of the Gilbreth household?
(a) Interactions with grandparents and beloved staff.
(b) Children frequently tattling on one another.
(c) Shared responsibility for their dozens of pets.
(d) Constant disorder and misbehavior.
5. Following his filming of the surgeries, what did the photographer communicate to Dad?
(a) He forgot to take the lens cap off of the camera.
(b) He wanted to have a lot of children, also.
(c) He decided to pursue a career in medicine.
(d) One of the children broke his movie camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Preface, what tactic does Ernestine use in her writing to get the point across?
2. How did Mother usually respond to Dad's joking and situations that would come up with the children?
3. Whom did the townspeople play a joke on?
4. Which of the following is true about when Dad first met Mother's family?
5. In Chapter 8, to where did Mother travel with the children?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)