|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
(a) A teacher who was taking children on a field trip.
(b) A policeman who was taking a group of undisciplined children to an orphanage.
(c) The leader of a group of circus performers.
(d) A benevolent superintendent who was taking a group of orphans out for the day.
2. In the Preface, what tactic does Ernestine use in her writing to get the point across?
(a) Anecdotes to amuse the reader.
(b) Detailed timeline of the birth of each child in the Gilbreth family.
(c) Highly sophisticated language.
(d) Poetry to make the writing rhythmic and engaging.
3. In Chapter 4, how did Mother prepare for what she believed would be the inevitable outcome of their road trip?
(a) She made sure everyone ate a good meal before they left home.
(b) She packed a picnic for everyone.
(c) She made sure Dad took a long nap before they left home.
(d) She packed extra clothes for each child in her suitcase.
4. What did Grandma Gilbreth give to the children to help them ward off illness?
(b) Camphor filled bags.
5. What did Bill do on the road trip which made everyone laugh?
(a) He mimicked Mother and teased Dad.
(b) He told jokes.
(c) He constantly said he was hungry.
(d) He frequently requested stops to go to the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Dad enforced a majority rule system in the house, what was he growing concerned about at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
3. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
4. In Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about how Dad strived to please his family?
5. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)