|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was true of Lillian Moller Gilbreth and Frank Bunker Gilbreth?
(a) Frank didn't want as large a family as Lillian did, but he wanted to make her happy.
(b) Frank had a great sense of humor, while Lillian was always very serious.
(c) They were quite different from each other, but very similar in their love for children.
(d) Before he met Lillian, Frank was a reserved and quiet man.
2. According to Ernestine, which of the following statements is true about the popularity of the book, "Cheaper by the Dozen"?
(a) Although people around the world like the story, the book sales were never very strong.
(b) The readers do not ask many questions about the Gilbreth family.
(c) It has captured the hearts of readers across decades and around the world through book sales and an active website.
(d) It was very popular a few decades ago, but it is not very popular today.
3. What was Fred's job in the household?
(a) He was in charge when Dad was not home.
(b) He was in charge of the dinner dishes.
(c) He was head of the Laundry Committee.
(d) He was head of the Utilities Committee.
4. In Chapter 8, to where did Mother travel with the children?
(a) To Boston to visit her parents.
(b) To California to visit her relatives.
(c) To Connecticut to visit Uncle Fred.
(d) To Fort Sill, Oklahoma, to visit Dad.
5. When the children got measles, what did Dad do?
(a) He pretended to have them too, covering this face with red dots.
(b) He waited on them hand and foot.
(c) He prayed for them.
(d) He took them to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the children have their tonsils taken out?
2. How did the children rebel during the tea party?
3. Why is Chapter 5 entitled "Mister Chairman"?
4. How were paid chores assigned to the children?
5. What was the family's code name for going to the bathroom in the woods instead of using a public restroom?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)