|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
(a) They had to conduct a fire drill.
(b) They had to wash their faces and brush their teeth.
(c) They had to finish their chores.
(d) They had to finish their homework.
2. How were the children expected to respond when they heard the whistle?
(a) They were to shout their name to be accounted for.
(b) They were to start their chores.
(c) They were to come as quickly as possible.
(d) They were to go to bed.
3. In Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about how Dad strived to please his family?
(a) He always came home from work on time.
(b) He took them out for ice cream every evening after dinner.
(c) He cooked elaborate dinners.
(d) He often brought them surprises and gifts.
4. What was a reason Dad drove the children to advance quickly in school?
(a) He wanted to get as many of them as possible through college before he died.
(b) He wanted to brag to everyone about how smart his children were.
(c) He wanted them to compete in national academic competitions.
(d) He didn't do well in school himself, and he wanted his children to do better than he did.
5. Who was Mrs. Bruce?
(a) She was Ernestine's favorite teacher.
(b) She was an older woman who never had any children.
(c) She was the mother of eight children.
(d) She was Dad's secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were paid chores assigned to the children?
2. What did Dad have a tendency to do on road trips?
3. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
4. When the children considered what it would have been like to be an only child, what was their conclusion?
5. Why did Dad name their first car "Foolish Carriage"?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)