|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dad's view of religious training?
(a) He wasn't sure whether or not he believed in God, but held an appreciation for the history of religion.
(b) He didn't believe in God, nor did he want his children to have religious education.
(c) He didn't trust the church, but he wanted his children to have religious education.
(d) He believed in God, but he was uncomfortable allowing his children to have religious training.
2. The children joined together to vote for __________.
(a) A tree house.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
3. What did Bill do on the road trip which made everyone laugh?
(a) He told jokes.
(b) He constantly said he was hungry.
(c) He mimicked Mother and teased Dad.
(d) He frequently requested stops to go to the bathroom.
4. How did Dad find success and own his own contracting business by the age of 27?
(a) He started as a bricklayer, and quickly rose in the ranks of construction by being an efficient worker.
(b) He served as an apprentice to a man who owned a contracting business.
(c) He was a bricklayer, and he met a man who taught him how to be efficient and get promoted.
(d) He followed in his father's footsteps, and he aggressively pursued a career in construction at a young age.
5. Which of the following is an example of how Dad strived for efficiency in his life?
(a) He wore the same trousers every day.
(b) He attempted to use two razors to shave his face.
(c) He skipped breakfast each day.
(d) He attempted to use two lawnmowers to cut the grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Dad was a strict taskmaster, this was tempered by __________.
2. What activity took place at mealtime?
3. What method did Dad use to ensure no one forgot their hygiene or socialization?
4. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
5. When people questioned why the car was so crowded with children, how did Dad respond?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)