|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dad feel when their crowded car drew the attention of onlookers?
(a) It brought him great delight.
(b) He was embarrassed.
(c) He was offended.
(d) He was angry.
2. What did Dad have a tendency to do on road trips?
(a) He would fall asleep while driving and they would have to stop for awhile.
(b) He would regret deciding to take a road trip, because it was so difficult.
(c) He would forget to pack some of the luggage.
(d) He would get lost, because he refused to get directions or use a map.
3. According to Ernestine, which of the following statements is true about the popularity of the book, "Cheaper by the Dozen"?
(a) The readers do not ask many questions about the Gilbreth family.
(b) It has captured the hearts of readers across decades and around the world through book sales and an active website.
(c) Although people around the world like the story, the book sales were never very strong.
(d) It was very popular a few decades ago, but it is not very popular today.
4. What was Dad's view of religious training?
(a) He didn't trust the church, but he wanted his children to have religious education.
(b) He wasn't sure whether or not he believed in God, but held an appreciation for the history of religion.
(c) He didn't believe in God, nor did he want his children to have religious education.
(d) He believed in God, but he was uncomfortable allowing his children to have religious training.
5. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
(a) Mother always supported Dad, even if she didn't like something he was doing.
(b) Dad did not respect Mother, because their points of view were so different.
(c) Dad and Mother disagreed often.
(d) Dad respected Mother, and yielded to her wishes when she asserted herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Dad?
2. Although Mother and Dad were a great team as parents, in what area did they disagree?
3. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
4. What activity took place at mealtime?
5. When people questioned why the car was so crowded with children, how did Dad respond?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)