|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how did Mother prepare for what she believed would be the inevitable outcome of their road trip?
(a) She packed a picnic for everyone.
(b) She made sure everyone ate a good meal before they left home.
(c) She made sure Dad took a long nap before they left home.
(d) She packed extra clothes for each child in her suitcase.
2. What did Mother do on the road trip, which the children loved and Dad admired?
(a) She helped them find their way home when they got lost.
(b) She made up songs about the things they were observing.
(c) She allowed the children to break some of the usual rules.
(d) She told the children stories about the things they were observing.
3. When people questioned why the car was so crowded with children, how did Dad respond?
(a) He angrily told them to mind their own business.
(b) He jokingly said that the dozen children were for sale, and cheaper if they bought the car too.
(c) He cheerfully informed them that children come cheaper by the dozen.
(d) He said that if it would have been cheaper to purchase a dozen cars, then he would have done so.
4. Which of the following was true about Dad's driving?
(a) He was a terrible driver.
(b) He was a terrific driver.
(c) He always drove very fsat.
(d) He always drove very slow.
5. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
(a) Dad did not respect Mother, because their points of view were so different.
(b) Dad and Mother disagreed often.
(c) Dad respected Mother, and yielded to her wishes when she asserted herself.
(d) Mother always supported Dad, even if she didn't like something he was doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
2. What was Dad's view of religious training?
3. What influence did Dad's work life have on his home life?
4. What was the Family Council?
5. How did Dad include his family in his work schedule?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)