|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What volunteer work was Mother involved in?
(a) She was involved in local politics and served on a campaign committee.
(b) She made quilts for those less fortunate.
(c) She was active in Sunday school work and served on several committees.
(d) She volunteered in the town library.
2. What subject was Martha particularly good at, which gained the family notoriety?
3. Using a method he designed, what experiment did Dad conduct with the children?
(a) He attempted to teach them how to write in cursive.
(b) He attempted to teach them how to sing in harmony.
(c) He attempted to teach them how to type.
(d) He attempted to teach them how to build a bird house.
4. Which of the following is an example of how Dad strived for efficiency in his life?
(a) He wore the same trousers every day.
(b) He attempted to use two razors to shave his face.
(c) He skipped breakfast each day.
(d) He attempted to use two lawnmowers to cut the grass.
5. Which is an example of how Dad never allowed the children to waste time at home?
(a) The children were required to recite poetry while bathing.
(b) The children were expected to eat their breakfast in five minutes or less.
(c) The children were required to listen to language records while bathing.
(d) The children were required to sleep in their school clothes so they were ready in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
2. How did Dad include his family in his work schedule?
3. Which is an example of how Mother and Dad allowed the children to have a say in the running of the household?
4. What was Dad's view of religious training?
5. Which is an example of how Mother's approach to parenting tempered Dad's approach?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)