|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity took place at mealtime?
(a) They would play math tricks to learn multiplication.
(b) Dad would play classical records and teach the children about the composer and the history of the music.
(c) Dad quizzed the children with science and history trivia.
(d) Each family member took turns telling a story about their day.
2. Using a method he designed, what experiment did Dad conduct with the children?
(a) He attempted to teach them how to sing in harmony.
(b) He attempted to teach them how to write in cursive.
(c) He attempted to teach them how to type.
(d) He attempted to teach them how to build a bird house.
3. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
(a) They had to conduct a fire drill.
(b) They had to finish their chores.
(c) They had to finish their homework.
(d) They had to wash their faces and brush their teeth.
4. How did Dad find success and own his own contracting business by the age of 27?
(a) He served as an apprentice to a man who owned a contracting business.
(b) He followed in his father's footsteps, and he aggressively pursued a career in construction at a young age.
(c) He started as a bricklayer, and quickly rose in the ranks of construction by being an efficient worker.
(d) He was a bricklayer, and he met a man who taught him how to be efficient and get promoted.
5. In Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about how Dad strived to please his family?
(a) He always came home from work on time.
(b) He cooked elaborate dinners.
(c) He often brought them surprises and gifts.
(d) He took them out for ice cream every evening after dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualities about Mother are revealed in Chapter 7?
2. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
3. Why did Dad feel it was important to conduct a roll call before leaving on their family outing?
4. What did Dad have a tendency to do on road trips?
5. Which of the following was true of Lillian Moller Gilbreth and Frank Bunker Gilbreth?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)