|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practical joke did Dad often play on the children?
(a) He would tell them to look in the engine of the car for a birdie, and then he would honk the horn to scare them.
(b) He would tell them he had a lavish surprise for them, but he really had nothing.
(c) He would blow the whistle to get their attention and then say "Just joking!"
(d) He would tell them they couldn't have dessert, but then he would take them out for ice cream.
2. What did Frank Gilbreth, Sr. do when a child or group of children did something that pleased him?
(a) He told them elaborate, creative bedtime stories.
(b) He took them out to dinner.
(c) He let them skip their chores for one day.
(d) He gave them treats and rewards.
3. Which of the following was true of Lillian Moller Gilbreth and Frank Bunker Gilbreth?
(a) They were quite different from each other, but very similar in their love for children.
(b) Frank didn't want as large a family as Lillian did, but he wanted to make her happy.
(c) Frank had a great sense of humor, while Lillian was always very serious.
(d) Before he met Lillian, Frank was a reserved and quiet man.
4. Which of the following was true about Dad's driving?
(a) He always drove very fsat.
(b) He was a terrific driver.
(c) He always drove very slow.
(d) He was a terrible driver.
5. Throughout Chapter 6, what quality does Dad display with regard to his children?
(a) Patience, allowing his children to play when they're young and be educated when they're older.
(b) Intolerance for their lack of interest in education.
(c) Dedication to educating them whenever he could.
(d) Passiveness about his children's education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the family's code name for going to the bathroom in the woods instead of using a public restroom?
2. How were paid chores assigned to the children?
3. What did Mother do on the road trip, which the children loved and Dad admired?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Dad?
5. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)