|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the children considered what it would have been like to be an only child, what was their conclusion?
(a) The boys were happy to have siblings, but the girls each wished they were an only child.
(b) They were happy to have siblings.
(c) They were happy to have siblings, but wished they were either all boys or all girls.
(d) They each wished they were an only child.
2. Throughout Chapter 6, what quality does Dad display with regard to his children?
(a) Intolerance for their lack of interest in education.
(b) Dedication to educating them whenever he could.
(c) Patience, allowing his children to play when they're young and be educated when they're older.
(d) Passiveness about his children's education.
3. Why did Dad feel it was important to conduct a roll call before leaving on their family outing?
(a) He wanted to inspect their appearances and be sure they looked respectable.
(b) He had never left any of the children behind, but he wasn't going to risk it.
(c) On two occasions, some of the children were left behind.
(d) He always maintained a strict routine, even when it wasn't necessary.
4. What was the Family Council?
(a) Weekly family meetings.
(b) Family outings.
(c) Monthly family meetings.
(d) Mother and Dad's time to be alone together.
5. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
(a) They had to conduct a fire drill.
(b) They had to wash their faces and brush their teeth.
(c) They had to finish their chores.
(d) They had to finish their homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dad include his family in his work schedule?
2. According to Ernestine, which of the following statements is true about the popularity of the book, "Cheaper by the Dozen"?
3. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
4. Who was permitted to sit in the front seat for their big family outing?
5. What did Bill do on the road trip which made everyone laugh?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)