|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters from Preface - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
(a) She had a great sense of humor.
(b) She supported Dad's antics.
(c) She could quietly, yet firmly stand up for herself.
(d) She was very easy-going, and shrugged off anything she didn't approve of.
2. In the Preface, what tactic does Ernestine use in her writing to get the point across?
(a) Detailed timeline of the birth of each child in the Gilbreth family.
(b) Highly sophisticated language.
(c) Poetry to make the writing rhythmic and engaging.
(d) Anecdotes to amuse the reader.
3. What did Dad tell his family he had purchased, when really he had purchased a car?
(a) A house.
(b) A puppy.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A horse.
4. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
(a) Mother always supported Dad, even if she didn't like something he was doing.
(b) Dad and Mother disagreed often.
(c) Dad respected Mother, and yielded to her wishes when she asserted herself.
(d) Dad did not respect Mother, because their points of view were so different.
5. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
(a) With a humorous anecdote about her family.
(b) With a dictionary definition of whatever she planned to stress in her comments.
(c) With one minute of silence to calm her nerves before speaking.
(d) With one of her children by her side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary focus of Chapter2?
2. How were the children expected to respond when they heard the whistle?
3. What practical joke did Dad often play on the children?
4. Which of the following is an example of how Dad strived for efficiency in his life?
5. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)