|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters from Preface - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment did one woman in particular make about the children?
(a) The poor children looked adorable in their uniforms.
(b) The children were probably greedy and undisciplined.
(c) The children looked hungry.
(d) The children appeared to be very well-behaved.
2. Why did Dad feel it was important to conduct a roll call before leaving on their family outing?
(a) He wanted to inspect their appearances and be sure they looked respectable.
(b) He always maintained a strict routine, even when it wasn't necessary.
(c) On two occasions, some of the children were left behind.
(d) He had never left any of the children behind, but he wasn't going to risk it.
3. What does Chapter 3 demonstrate about Dad's relationship with Mother?
(a) Mother always supported Dad, even if she didn't like something he was doing.
(b) Dad did not respect Mother, because their points of view were so different.
(c) Dad respected Mother, and yielded to her wishes when she asserted herself.
(d) Dad and Mother disagreed often.
4. Which of the following was true about Dad's driving?
(a) He always drove very slow.
(b) He was a terrific driver.
(c) He was a terrible driver.
(d) He always drove very fsat.
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Dad?
(a) He was a large man who was very self-assured and successful in business.
(b) Although he was very smart, he struggled to find success in business.
(c) He was a very serious man and didn't have a very good sense of humor.
(d) He was a short man who was confident, yet very reserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dad include his family in his work schedule?
2. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
3. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
4. What is the primary focus of Chapter2?
5. What elements of the novel does Ernestine Gilbreth Carey introduce in the Preface of the book?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)