|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters from Preface - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dad tell his family he had purchased, when really he had purchased a car?
(a) An airplane.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A horse.
(d) A house.
2. What was one thing that Dad would not allow?
(a) Others passing judgment on his family.
(b) Practical jokes.
(c) Rewards and treats for the children.
(d) The children to come to work with him.
3. What did Mother and Dad disagree about?
(a) Mother didn't think the comment made by an onlooker was funny, but Dad was amused.
(b) Dad was not amused by the comment made by an onlooker, but Mother thought it was funny.
(c) Dad thought the children were very well-behaved during the outing, but Mother did not think so.
(d) Mother thought they should make the best of the outing, but Dad wanted to go home.
4. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
(a) They had to conduct a fire drill.
(b) They had to finish their chores.
(c) They had to wash their faces and brush their teeth.
(d) They had to finish their homework.
5. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
(a) With one of her children by her side.
(b) With one minute of silence to calm her nerves before speaking.
(c) With a humorous anecdote about her family.
(d) With a dictionary definition of whatever she planned to stress in her comments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dad include his family in his work schedule?
2. How were the children expected to respond when they heard the whistle?
3. When people questioned why the car was so crowded with children, how did Dad respond?
4. What comment did one woman in particular make about the children?
5. How did Mother usually respond to Dad's joking and situations that would come up with the children?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)