|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Mother and Dad were a great team as parents, in what area did they disagree?
(a) Rewarding the children.
(b) The children's education.
(c) The children's religion.
(d) The children's sleep habits.
2. Where did the family usually stay on their way to their vacation destination?
(a) Aunt Elinor's house.
(b) A hotel in Boston.
(c) A hotel in New London, Connecticut.
(d) In a small cottage beside the water.
3. When a boy climbed a tree to spy on Ernestine, what did she do?
(a) She enlisted the support of her younger siblings to scare him away.
(b) She was flattered and felt beautiful.
(c) She shook the tree branch until he fell down.
(d) She called for Dad, who scared him away.
4. Which of the following does the reader learn in Chapter 14?
(a) Mother never wanted her picture taken, but she was supportive of Dad's hobby.
(b) Dad never expected the children to help him with his motion study projects.
(c) Dad was passionate about photography, and it sometimes hurt the family.
(d) Dad dabbled in photography, but it never became his strong passion.
5. When the Gilbreth children visit Mother's relatives, how did they behave at first?
(a) They disobeyed often.
(b) They were homesick and wouldn't speak to anyone.
(c) They were on their best behavior.
(d) They were noisy and disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment did one woman in particular make about the children?
2. Why did Anne cut her hair into a bob?
3. How did Mother approach her disagreement with Dad in a particular area of parenting?
4. What was Dad's response to the movie "Over the Hill to the Poor House"?
5. How did Dad feel when their crowded car drew the attention of onlookers?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)