|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What practical joke did Dad often play on the children?
(a) He would tell them he had a lavish surprise for them, but he really had nothing.
(b) He would tell them they couldn't have dessert, but then he would take them out for ice cream.
(c) He would blow the whistle to get their attention and then say "Just joking!"
(d) He would tell them to look in the engine of the car for a birdie, and then he would honk the horn to scare them.
2. When his daughters went on dates, what did Dad frequently do?
(a) He drove them to and from the date.
(b) He inspected them first for any hints of makeup.
(c) He gave them a long speech about proper social conduct.
(d) He tagged along as their chaperone.
3. Which of the following is not a reason that the family outing was a disaster?
(a) Mother was not amused by Dad's antics.
(b) The boys started goofing off.
(c) The girls were embarrassed by their clothes.
(d) The car engine failed, and they could not drive home.
4. How did the children look out for one another, while also having fun?
(a) They took turns covering for one another so they could sneak out with makeup on.
(b) They played pranks on ardent suitors when things got out of hand.
(c) They made up stories about Dad's temper to intimidate the girls' suitors.
(d) They willingly chaperoned each other's dates and attended dances.
5. Who tried to teach the Gilbreth children where babies come from?
(b) Their friends at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the children call Dad's bluff one night?
2. While on the boat with the children, how did Dad fall overboard?
3. Why did Dad write a letter to a brain specialist?
4. Following his filming of the surgeries, what did the photographer communicate to Dad?
5. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)