|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dad make the children swim every day?
(a) They could help Mother learn how to swim.
(b) They might become competitive swimmers.
(c) They would get exercise.
(d) They would stay clean.
2. What did Anne argue with her parents about?
(a) She did not want to have bobbed hair, as they suggested.
(b) She didn't want to have to set the example for her younger siblings.
(c) She wanted to listen to jazz music.
(d) She felt that she needed to make changes in her appearance to be popular.
3. What did Frank Gilbreth, Sr. do when a child or group of children did something that pleased him?
(a) He told them elaborate, creative bedtime stories.
(b) He gave them treats and rewards.
(c) He took them out to dinner.
(d) He let them skip their chores for one day.
4. When the children got sick, what did Mother do?
(a) She left them alone to rest.
(b) She took the youngest children to her parent's house.
(c) She prepared each child's favorite meal for them.
(d) She waited on them hand and foot.
5. What were Mother's parents concerned about?
(a) They thought the children did not feel at home.
(b) They were worried about Baby Fred, who was sick.
(c) They didn't think they would be able to take a nap with all of the noise.
(d) They were concerned about Mother working so hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
2. When did Mother become pregnant with their first child?
3. What symptoms did Dad have when his health began to decline?
4. Where did the children have their tonsils taken out?
5. In Chapter 8, what does the reader learn about Mother's family?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)