|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dad find success and own his own contracting business by the age of 27?
(a) He followed in his father's footsteps, and he aggressively pursued a career in construction at a young age.
(b) He started as a bricklayer, and quickly rose in the ranks of construction by being an efficient worker.
(c) He was a bricklayer, and he met a man who taught him how to be efficient and get promoted.
(d) He served as an apprentice to a man who owned a contracting business.
2. Although Dad was a strict taskmaster, this was tempered by __________.
(a) His good sense of humor and generosity.
(b) A degree in psychology.
(c) His sensitivity.
(d) His quiet, reserved personality.
3. What qualities about Mother are revealed in Chapter 7?
(a) She was a strong leader with a great sense of humor.
(b) She was a stubborn woman, with firm beliefs.
(c) She was a humble servant in the community and did not socialize very much.
(d) She enjoyed socializing with others and often held parties for friends.
4. Why did Dad feel it was important to conduct a roll call before leaving on their family outing?
(a) He wanted to inspect their appearances and be sure they looked respectable.
(b) He always maintained a strict routine, even when it wasn't necessary.
(c) He had never left any of the children behind, but he wasn't going to risk it.
(d) On two occasions, some of the children were left behind.
5. Which of the following was true of Lillian Moller Gilbreth and Frank Bunker Gilbreth?
(a) They were quite different from each other, but very similar in their love for children.
(b) Frank didn't want as large a family as Lillian did, but he wanted to make her happy.
(c) Frank had a great sense of humor, while Lillian was always very serious.
(d) Before he met Lillian, Frank was a reserved and quiet man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
2. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
3. Why is Chapter 5 entitled "Mister Chairman"?
4. What was Dad's view of religious training?
5. What method did Dad use to ensure no one forgot their hygiene or socialization?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)