|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The children joined together to vote for __________.
(a) A dog.
(b) A tree house.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A cat.
2. Why did Dad feel it was important to conduct a roll call before leaving on their family outing?
(a) On two occasions, some of the children were left behind.
(b) He wanted to inspect their appearances and be sure they looked respectable.
(c) He always maintained a strict routine, even when it wasn't necessary.
(d) He had never left any of the children behind, but he wasn't going to risk it.
3. Which is an example of how Mother's approach to parenting tempered Dad's approach?
(a) Mother didn't play practical jokes on the children.
(b) Mother allowed the children to break the rules sometimes so they could have fun.
(c) Mother firmly discouraged Dad from entering Ernestine into a high level competition.
(d) Mother put her foot down when Dad would try to make the children more efficient.
4. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
(a) With one of her children by her side.
(b) With a humorous anecdote about her family.
(c) With a dictionary definition of whatever she planned to stress in her comments.
(d) With one minute of silence to calm her nerves before speaking.
5. Which of the following is an example of how Dad strived for efficiency in his life?
(a) He attempted to use two razors to shave his face.
(b) He skipped breakfast each day.
(c) He attempted to use two lawnmowers to cut the grass.
(d) He wore the same trousers every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment did one woman in particular make about the children?
2. What was the family's code name for going to the bathroom in the woods instead of using a public restroom?
3. What activity took place at mealtime?
4. What did Mother do on the road trip, which the children loved and Dad admired?
5. Using a method he designed, what experiment did Dad conduct with the children?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)