|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Martha's two canaries during their summer travel?
(a) Bill let them loose in the car, and they caused Dad to drive off the road.
(b) They got loose outside of their vacation house.
(c) While on the ferry, they got loose.
(d) They were not allowed on board the ferry, and she had to leave them behind.
2. Where did the children have their tonsils taken out?
(a) At their Grandma Gilbreth's house.
(b) In their home.
(c) At a specialized clinic.
(d) At a large, prestigious hospital in Chicago.
3. What method did Dad use with the children to reinforce that they work hard in school?
(a) He punished them often.
(b) He made them meet with the principal once a week.
(c) He signed them up for classes below their grade level.
(d) He rewarded them heavily.
4. When the Gilbreth children visit Mother's relatives, how did they behave at first?
(a) They were noisy and disrespectful.
(b) They were homesick and wouldn't speak to anyone.
(c) They disobeyed often.
(d) They were on their best behavior.
5. Following his filming of the surgeries, what did the photographer communicate to Dad?
(a) He decided to pursue a career in medicine.
(b) He forgot to take the lens cap off of the camera.
(c) One of the children broke his movie camera.
(d) He wanted to have a lot of children, also.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprised Mother and the children on their trip home?
2. Which of the following is true about Dad's background?
3. How did Lillian Gilbreth often begin her platform appearances?
4. Which child was the only child allowed in the kitchen with the chef?
5. Who got injured when Bill played a prank on them?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)