|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandma Gilbreth give to the children to help them ward off illness?
(d) Camphor filled bags.
2. Which of the following is not a reason that the family outing was a disaster?
(a) The car engine failed, and they could not drive home.
(b) The girls were embarrassed by their clothes.
(c) Mother was not amused by Dad's antics.
(d) The boys started goofing off.
3. What elements of the novel does Ernestine Gilbreth Carey introduce in the Preface of the book?
(a) Her parents and a detailed account of the birth of each child in the Gilbreth family.
(b) Detailed accounts of the personality of each member of the Gilbreth family.
(c) Each of the lessons learned in the Gilbreth household as the children grew up.
(d) Her parents, the household dynamics of the Gilbreth family, and the popularity of the book.
4. Which of the following is true about Dad's background?
(a) His father was a store owner and died very young.
(b) His father had a construction business and encouraged his son to follow the same career path.
(c) His mother was a passive woman and died very young.
(d) He was an orphan, because both of his parents died when he was very young.
5. What was Dad's view of religious training?
(a) He didn't trust the church, but he wanted his children to have religious education.
(b) He believed in God, but he was uncomfortable allowing his children to have religious training.
(c) He wasn't sure whether or not he believed in God, but held an appreciation for the history of religion.
(d) He didn't believe in God, nor did he want his children to have religious education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a reason Dad drove the children to advance quickly in school?
2. What decision did Dad make regarding his own surgery?
3. Once the children became comfortable at their relatives' house, what was the environment like?
4. Who surprised Mother and the children on their trip home?
5. Which of the following is not a challenge Mother faced as she traveled with the children?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)