|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the children didn't have an interest in skipping grades, what was their motivation to try to achieve it anyway?
(a) To avoid the humiliation of having a younger sibling join their class.
(b) To make Mother and Dad proud of them.
(c) To avoid being punished.
(d) To complete their education sooner.
2. Who was Mrs. Bruce?
(a) She was an older woman who never had any children.
(b) She was the mother of eight children.
(c) She was Dad's secretary.
(d) She was Ernestine's favorite teacher.
3. What do we learn about Mother during the big family outing in the car?
(a) She supported Dad's antics.
(b) She had a great sense of humor.
(c) She could quietly, yet firmly stand up for herself.
(d) She was very easy-going, and shrugged off anything she didn't approve of.
4. Where did the family usually stay on their way to their vacation destination?
(a) A hotel in Boston.
(b) A hotel in New London, Connecticut.
(c) Aunt Elinor's house.
(d) In a small cottage beside the water.
5. How did Lill display a strong work ethic at the age of eight?
(a) She refused to allow her parents to buy her some roller skates, because she wanted to earn them.
(b) She started a lemonade stand business so she could buy some roller skates.
(c) She completed a very tough chore to earn a little money toward some roller skates.
(d) She asked a store owner if she could earn a pair of roller skates by working around his shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using a method he designed, what experiment did Dad conduct with the children?
2. What subject was Martha particularly good at, which gained the family notoriety?
3. What qualities about Mother are revealed in Chapter 7?
4. What did Dad tell his family he had purchased, when really he had purchased a car?
5. Whom did Dad pretend to be after a woman commented about the children?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)