|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dad feel when their crowded car drew the attention of onlookers?
(a) It brought him great delight.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was embarrassed.
(d) He was offended.
2. Which of Mother's plans was disrupted?
(a) She wanted to surprise Dad with a visit from the children.
(b) She wanted the children to be clean and orderly when they reached their destination.
(c) She wanted to take the children to a surprise destination.
(d) She wanted the children to have a good meal on the train.
3. What did Frank Gilbreth, Sr. do when a child or group of children did something that pleased him?
(a) He let them skip their chores for one day.
(b) He took them out to dinner.
(c) He gave them treats and rewards.
(d) He told them elaborate, creative bedtime stories.
4. What volunteer work was Mother involved in?
(a) She volunteered in the town library.
(b) She was active in Sunday school work and served on several committees.
(c) She was involved in local politics and served on a campaign committee.
(d) She made quilts for those less fortunate.
5. Why is Chapter 5 entitled "Mister Chairman"?
(a) Dad enforced a new rule that the children must call him Mister Chairman instead of Dad.
(b) Martha wanted to be respected like the boys, and she told everyone her new name was Mister Chairman.
(c) Mother and Dad ran the household like a business, and Dad was the Chairman.
(d) Bill told Dad he wanted to be called Mister Chairman when he is grown up and successful in business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad make the children swim every day?
2. Which of the following is an example of how Dad strived for efficiency in his life?
3. Which of the following was true of Lillian Moller Gilbreth and Frank Bunker Gilbreth?
4. In Chapter 1, what does the reader learn about how Dad strived to please his family?
5. What did Dad have a tendency to do on road trips?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)