|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the children had their tonsils taken out, what did Dad do?
(a) He decided to conduct a study of motion during operations.
(b) He didn't allow them to rest very long afterward, so they could learn to recover quickly.
(c) He observed the surgeries and became ill.
(d) He dressed up as a clown to make them feel better.
2. What activity took place at mealtime?
(a) Dad would play classical records and teach the children about the composer and the history of the music.
(b) They would play math tricks to learn multiplication.
(c) Each family member took turns telling a story about their day.
(d) Dad quizzed the children with science and history trivia.
3. How did Uncle Fred surprise Mother and the children?
(a) He took them to a carnival.
(b) He took them to the ocean.
(c) He got on the train one stop before their final destination.
(d) He brought presents for each one of them.
4. What happened to Martha's two canaries during their summer travel?
(a) Bill let them loose in the car, and they caused Dad to drive off the road.
(b) While on the ferry, they got loose.
(c) They got loose outside of their vacation house.
(d) They were not allowed on board the ferry, and she had to leave them behind.
5. At the time when Mother traveled with the children, how many children were in the Gilbreth family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dad's favorite part of their first car?
2. Which of the following is not a reason that the family outing was a disaster?
3. Why did Dad make the children swim every day?
4. In Chapter 3, what did the children have to do before their big family outing in the Pierce Arrow?
5. When the family arrived to their vacation house, what did they receive in a package?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)