|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13, "Have You Seen the Latest Model?" referring to?
(a) The new car Dad purchased when another child was born.
(b) A new machine in one of Dad's factories, which he was especially proud of.
(c) The newest child in the Gilbreth family.
(d) A toy truck that Frank, Jr. wanted for his birthday.
2. Initially, which child did the doctor say did not need their tonsils out?
(a) Frank, Jr.
3. Which is an example of how Mother and Dad allowed the children to have a say in the running of the household?
(a) The children were allowed to develop two household rules.
(b) The children proposed purchasing a different rug from what Mother chose, and she concurred.
(c) Mother and Dad spoke with each child individually to give them a chance to share their ideas.
(d) The children were allowed to veto anything which did not seem fair.
4. What happened to the children during their trip home?
(a) They got lost at the train station.
(b) They were detained at the train station because they lost their tickets.
(c) They caught the whooping cough.
(d) They were punished for misbehaving.
5. When did Mother become pregnant with their first child?
(a) About a week after their wedding.
(b) About a month after their wedding.
(c) Five years after their wedding.
(d) About a year after their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the children got sick, what did Mother do?
2. How did the older children feel about the outlandish stories the media wrote about the Gilbreth family?
3. While the family ate lunch, how did Dad use the time to educate the children?
4. What gender did Dad want their first child to be?
5. What was the family's code name for going to the bathroom in the woods instead of using a public restroom?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)