|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dad behave on the boat?
(a) He was anxious, and very focused on keeping the children safe.
(b) He was unusually relaxed about the children's rules and behavior.
(c) He pretended to be Christopher Columbus.
(d) He assumed the role of a sailor, and barked orders at his crew.
2. When a tea party was thrown for Mother, what was required of the children?
(a) They had to dress in fine, uncomfortable clothes, and wait in the garden.
(b) They all had to take long naps before the guests arrived.
(c) They had to dress in formal clothes and sit still at the table.
(d) They had to go play at the neighbor's house until the guests were gone.
3. What was Dad's view of religious training?
(a) He believed in God, but he was uncomfortable allowing his children to have religious training.
(b) He didn't trust the church, but he wanted his children to have religious education.
(c) He didn't believe in God, nor did he want his children to have religious education.
(d) He wasn't sure whether or not he believed in God, but held an appreciation for the history of religion.
4. What is the focus of Chapter 13?
(a) The challenges Mother faced with each of her twelve pregnancies.
(b) A description of the personality of each Gilbreth child.
(c) The similarities and differences between Mother and Dad.
(d) A glimpse into the birth of each Gilbreth child.
5. Which of the following is not a challenge Mother faced as she traveled with the children?
(a) Fred was ill.
(b) Mother was seven months pregnant.
(c) Ernestine got lost at the train station.
(d) Lill had a broken foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the last Gilbreth child to be born?
2. What did Grandma Gilbreth give to the children to help them ward off illness?
3. At what point in their relationship did Mother and Dad begin to dream about having a large family?
4. Where was the last Gilbreth child born?
5. Which of the following does the reader learn in Chapter 14?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)