|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first African nation Aleida visited to be close to Che?
2. What Congolese city did Che travel to after leaving Cuba?
3. What did Alexandr Alexiev pose as when he came into Cuba to discuss trade?
4. Whom did Jose Antonio Echeverria plot to assassinate on March 13, 1956?
5. Aside from his notes, what else did Che leave for his family when he left to work in the Congo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
2. Who was Alexandr Alexiev?
3. What was "The Appeal to the Cuban People"?
4. What was considered the highest rank in the Cuban rebel army?
5. What made the Congolese rebel fighters different from the Cuban rebel fighters Che was used to working with?
6. How did Batista step down from his Presidency?
7. How did Che feel about becoming a trade ambassador for Cuba?
8. What assassinations did the US government fund while Castro was in power?
9. How did Che alter the landscape of El Hombrito?
10. What happened during the invasion of the Bay of Pigs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout their political career, Castro and Che considered the United States to be their common enemy. What was it about the United States that both Castro and Che found to be so bothersome? Based on their political arguments, do you understand why Castro and Che felt such hatred toward the US or do you think they had a skewed perspective? Why? Finally, explain why both Castro and Che spent a significant amount of time in the US even though they hated the government and its people. Be sure to include at least two examples from the text that you think help to strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Perhaps one of the best decisions Che Guevara ever made in his life was to complete his medical education. First, describe Che's educational journey to medical school. Why did he decide to study medicine over any other subject? Then, choose at least two different events in Che's life that never would have happened had he not become a doctor and describe them here. Do you think Che could have had the same political career had he not become a doctor? Why? Be sure to include at least two examples from the text that you think help to strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Education was an important part of Che Guevara's childhood growing up in Argentina. First, describe Che's educational journey starting with the time that he was a small boy. Who was the most important teacher in Che's life? What did he learn from this teacher? What was Che like as a schoolboy? How do his teacher's remember him today? Be sure to include at least two examples from the text that you believe help strengthen your arguments.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)