|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following methods of transportation was NOT one Che and Alberto used when traveling through South America?
2. Whom did Che plan to make the protagonist of the novel he was working on about Latin America?
3. How did Che feel about politics when he was in high school?
4. Where was Maria vacationing when Che came to propose to her?
5. How old was Maria when she and Che first met?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Dr. Hugo Pesce?
2. How did Castro react when he was granted amnesty by the government?
3. Why did Che and Alberto eventually split ways in Caracas?
4. How did the Guevara family react when Che was diagnosed with a medical condition at the age of two?
5. What political event took place in Cuba on July 26, 1953?
6. What was Batista's reaction when Castro announced that the revolution would be taking place in 1956?
7. Why was Che allowed to study, uninterrupted, at the university, and what field of study did he choose?
8. What happened when Che was arrested during Operation Success?
9. How did Hilda help Che settle into his new life in Guatemala City?
10. What did Che and Ricardo Rojo regularly debate about in their political conversations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Che first experienced political uprising when he was living in Guatemala City. First, describe the political unrest that was occurring while Che was living in Guatemala. Then, explain Che's reaction to the unrest describing how he chose to get involved. Then, explain how Che's life was forever changed when the aerial raids came through the country. What happened to Che, either emotionally or physically, the first time he was under enemy fire? Be sure to include at least two examples from the text that you believe help to strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Che Guevara came from very humble financial roots, but he learned, essentially, how to hustle what he had for maximum benefit from his parents. First, describe the financial state the Guevara family was in at the time of Che's birth. Then, explain how the Guevara family managed to keep their family financially afloat during tough economic times. Finally, choose one example of a way Che's parents hustled for their money and explain how Che used this lesson to help further his political career once he reached adulthood. Be sure to include at least two examples from the text that you believe help strengthen your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Che had to undergo a long period of training before he was actually accepted into Castro's guerrilla army. First, describe Che's training process and what changes he underwent, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, while he was training to be in Castro's army. Then, describe the living conditions of the training camp where Che was groomed for battle. How did life in the camp compare/contrast to life at home for Che? How did Che take what he learned in Castro's training camps and incorporate these skills into his own camps later in life? Be sure to cite examples from the text to help strengthen your arguments.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)