|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the only things allowed to pass from the US to Cuba during the 1960s trade freeze?
(a) Sugar and Food.
(b) Food and Medicine.
(c) Oil and Sugar.
(d) Medicine and Oil.
2. How long was Che politically inactive in the Congo before launching the rebels' first offensive strike against the government?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight months.
3. Which of the following places was NOT bombed by airplanes funded by the CIA?
(a) Cane fields.
(b) Sugar mills.
(c) Parliament buildings.
(d) Trade stores.
4. In what month of the year was Castro's second manifesto to the people released?
5. Which of the following identities did Che adopt when he left Cuba?
(a) Ramon Benitez.
(b) Carlos Aguerro.
(c) Felipe Guevara.
(d) Jesus Diaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who purchased all the sugar the American government refused to buy?
2. As Che and Castro began to rise to power, what happened to the relationship between the US and Batista?
3. Which of the following countries was NOT considered part of the communist bloc in the early 1960's?
4. What city did the peasant have to run to for asthma medicine when Che had an attack in his barn?
5. What was the name of Hilda's relative who came to Cuba under the revolutionary scholarship program?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the late 1950's, how did the US government feel about Batista running Cuba?
2. What services did Che provide to Cuba during his last year working under Castro?
3. What assassinations did the US government fund while Castro was in power?
4. How did Che feel about becoming a trade ambassador for Cuba?
5. What happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
6. What made the Congolese rebel fighters different from the Cuban rebel fighters Che was used to working with?
7. Why was there tension in the workplace when Che became President of Cuba's National Bank?
8. What was considered the highest rank in the Cuban rebel army?
9. What governmental institution did Che put into place in Cuba that provided scholarships?
10. How did the US respond to the news that the Soviet Union had opened trade agreements with Cuba?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)