|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries did Che NOT visit during his campaign for trade?
2. Why didn't Aleida accompany Che on his business travels around the world?
(a) Because Che didn't want her there.
(b) Because Castro forbade her to go.
(c) Because the government could only afford Che's travel.
(d) Because she didn't want to accompany Che.
3. Which of the following countries started the rumor that a fight between Che and Castro had led to Che's disappearance?
(d) The US.
4. What happened to traitors that were found in Castro's army?
(a) They were court-marshaled.
(b) They were tortured.
(c) They were set free.
(d) They were executed.
5. What was considered the highest rank in the Cuban rebel army during the time Castro was in power?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the only things allowed to pass from the US to Cuba during the 1960s trade freeze?
2. Which US President funded guerrilla armies to attempt to takeover political power in Cuba?
3. Which country was the only country, outside of Cuba, that Castro was interested in controlling?
4. According to Che's letters to his family, how many years did he plan on being away from them, dedicated to his fighting?
5. What country was Alexandr Alexiev from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What services did Che provide to Cuba during his last year working under Castro?
2. What was considered the highest rank in the Cuban rebel army?
3. What happened when Che had a terrible asthma attack while setting up a new camp near Manzanillo?
4. Why was there tension in the workplace when Che became President of Cuba's National Bank?
5. How did the US respond to the news that the Soviet Union had opened trade agreements with Cuba?
6. How did the public react to the news that Che had gone missing from Cuba?
7. How did Che's family react when they came to visit him in Havana and saw the way he was handling his political power?
8. What was "The Appeal to the Cuban People"?
9. Why were executions commonplace in Castro's army?
10. Who was Pablo Ribalta and what did he do for Che's men?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)