|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics was NOT something Che's teachers recognized immediately in him once he started school?
(a) His fearlessness.
(b) His athletic abilities.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His leadership skills.
2. Which of the following people did NOT move to Cuba in May 1955?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Calixto Garcia.
(c) Raúl Castro.
(d) Nico Lopez.
3. Which of the Che's relatives was very sick in Buenos Aires, and his family moved to care for them?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His nephew.
4. What did Che do in his spare time during his travels through South America?
(a) He painted.
(b) He drew.
(c) He wrote.
(d) He took photographs.
5. After leaving Guatemala, which country gave Che his first visa?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the operation the CIA put in place to take care of the political uprisings in Guatemala?
2. Which of the following subjects did Professor Edelberto Torres teach at university?
3. How long did Che serve for the Argentine army while in college?
4. From whom did Che hide his asthma during his training?
5. With whom did Che travel with to Bolivia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Castro get his army of men from the Mexico training camp back to Cuba?
2. How did Castro's army spend their time while living in the Sierra Mountains?
3. What happened when Che was arrested during Operation Success?
4. Who was Dr. Hugo Pesce?
5. What did Che and Ricardo Rojo regularly debate about in their political conversations?
6. Why was Che allowed to study, uninterrupted, at the university, and what field of study did he choose?
7. What was Batista's reaction when Castro announced that the revolution would be taking place in 1956?
8. How old was Che when he first began attending public school, and why did he join the school at this age?
9. What is yerba maté?
10. Why did Che and Alberto eventually split ways in Caracas?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)