|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries was NOT considered part of the communist bloc in the early 1960's?
(c) North Korea.
2. What happened to traitors that were found in Castro's army?
(a) They were court-marshaled.
(b) They were tortured.
(c) They were executed.
(d) They were set free.
3. Aside from his notes, what else did Che leave for his family when he left to work in the Congo?
(a) His money.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His guns.
(d) His books.
4. Which of Hilda's relatives was brought into Cuba on the revolutionary soldier scholarship?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
5. Which of his boyhood friends did Che hire to work for the revolutionary training program in Argentina?
6. Which of the following people did NOT work at the bank department in Cuba at the same time?
7. Which of the following places was NOT bombed by airplanes funded by the CIA?
(a) Parliament buildings.
(b) Cane fields.
(c) Trade stores.
(d) Sugar mills.
8. What was the name of Hilda's relative who came to Cuba under the revolutionary scholarship program?
9. In what month of the year was Castro's second manifesto to the people released?
10. How long before the Presidential elections did Che enter Escambray?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
11. Which US President was responsible for severing all diplomatic ties with Cuba?
12. What was Castro's second manifesto to the people of Cuba entitled?
(a) "American Ideals".
(b) "Appeal to the Cuban People".
(c) "Communism and You".
(d) "Fight for Your Rights".
13. What were the only things allowed to pass from the US to Cuba during the 1960s trade freeze?
(a) Medicine and Oil.
(b) Oil and Sugar.
(c) Food and Medicine.
(d) Sugar and Food.
14. According to Che's letters to his family, how many years did he plan on being away from them, dedicated to his fighting?
15. Which of Che's family members died while he was working on the rebel camp in the Congo?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following modes of communication did Che start when he moved his men into El Hombrito?
2. Which of Castro's armies attempted to curtail his power on July 26, 1957?
3. Which of the following infrastructures was NOT built by Che when he moved his men into El Hombrito?
4. In what month of the year were full diplomatic relations between Cuba and Russia announced?
5. How did Che respond when Hilda wrote to request to come to Cuba to be by his side?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)