|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before their first offensive strike, how long did Che think it would take for rebel forces to overthrow the Congolese government?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. Which of Che's family members died while he was working on the rebel camp in the Congo?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
3. Which of the following people did NOT work at the bank department in Cuba at the same time?
4. In what month of the year was Castro's second manifesto to the people released?
5. What governmental organization did Nikolai Leonov work for?
(a) The FVI.
(b) The ROU.
(c) The PSP.
(d) The KGB.
6. During his months away from Cuba, how many countries did Che visit to establish a trade relation with Cuba?
7. What was the first African nation Aleida visited to be close to Che?
8. Who was blamed for the error in Cienfuegos?
9. How many men were slaughtered in the fight for Cienfuegos?
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) No one was killed in Cienfuegos.
10. Which of the following was NOT a request Castro made for from his Cuban people in his second manifesto?
(b) Political sabotage.
(c) Civil resistance.
11. What was the name of Hilda's relative who came to Cuba under the revolutionary scholarship program?
12. Aside from his notes, what else did Che leave for his family when he left to work in the Congo?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His money.
(c) His books.
(d) His guns.
13. Which US President was responsible for severing all diplomatic ties with Cuba?
14. According to Che's letters to his family, how many years did he plan on being away from them, dedicated to his fighting?
15. How much money in medical supplies were the 12000 US soldiers captured in the Bay of Pigs traded for?
(a) $47 million.
(b) $62 million.
(c) $38 million.
(d) $55 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered the highest rank in the Cuban rebel army during the time Castro was in power?
2. What country was Alexandr Alexiev from?
3. As a result of rebel disruption, what percentage of Cubans came out to vote in the 1958 Presidential election?
4. Where did Che meet with Nikolai Leonov to protect their safety?
5. Which country was the only country, outside of Cuba, that Castro was interested in controlling?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)