|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which border country was Argentina trying to create a training headquarters known as "Operation Shadow"?
2. During which holiday did Batista resign as President of Cuba?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's.
3. Which of the following was NOT a request Castro made for from his Cuban people in his second manifesto?
(a) Political sabotage.
(b) Civil resistance.
4. In what month of the year was the President-Elect supposed to be inaugurated in Cuba?
5. What did the Congolese rebels believe in that puzzled Che?
6. What Congolese city did Che travel to after leaving Cuba?
7. Who was blamed for the error in Cienfuegos?
8. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, where was the US storing their bombs?
(a) In Saudi Arabia.
(b) In Israel.
(c) In Turkey.
(d) In China.
9. Which of Castro's armies attempted to curtail his power on July 26, 1957?
(a) The City Party.
(b) The Urban Party.
(c) The Business Party.
(d) The Farmers Party.
10. Which US President was responsible for severing all diplomatic ties with Cuba?
11. What governmental department was Che in charge of when Alexandr Alexiev came to visit Cuba?
(a) The Executive Department.
(b) The Trade Department.
(c) The Industrialization Department.
(d) The Communist Department.
12. What was Castro's second manifesto to the people of Cuba entitled?
(a) "American Ideals".
(b) "Fight for Your Rights".
(c) "Appeal to the Cuban People".
(d) "Communism and You".
13. Which of the following infrastructures was NOT built by Che when he moved his men into El Hombrito?
14. Aside from his notes, what else did Che leave for his family when he left to work in the Congo?
(a) His guns.
(b) His money.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His books.
15. Which country was the only country, outside of Cuba, that Castro was interested in controlling?
(a) Castro was only interested in Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cuba's main export to the United States?
2. How many white men were present in the group that traveled from Cuba to the Congo?
3. What was Pablo Ribalta's main job while he worked in Che's camps?
4. During his months away from Cuba, how many countries did Che visit to establish a trade relation with Cuba?
5. What governmental organization did Nikolai Leonov work for?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)