|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Cuba NOT ask for from the Soviet government as soon as their trade agreement was made public?
(a) Military funding.
(b) Freedom of trade.
(c) Education assistance.
(d) Economic aid.
2. What city did the peasant have to run to for asthma medicine when Che had an attack in his barn?
(a) Quinto y Sexto.
(b) Cayo Perla.
(c) Palmas Altas.
3. Which of the following identities did Che adopt when he left Cuba?
(a) Felipe Guevara.
(b) Carlos Aguerro.
(c) Jesus Diaz.
(d) Ramon Benitez.
4. How many men were slaughtered in the fight for Cienfuegos?
(a) No one was killed in Cienfuegos.
(d) Tens of thousands.
5. What governmental organization did Nikolai Leonov work for?
(a) The ROU.
(b) The PSP.
(c) The KGB.
(d) The FVI.
6. Which US President funded guerrilla armies to attempt to takeover political power in Cuba?
7. How much money in medical supplies were the 12000 US soldiers captured in the Bay of Pigs traded for?
(a) $62 million.
(b) $38 million.
(c) $55 million.
(d) $47 million.
8. What were the members of the community that did not support Castro known as?
9. Which of the following places was NOT bombed by airplanes funded by the CIA?
(a) Trade stores.
(b) Parliament buildings.
(c) Sugar mills.
(d) Cane fields.
10. How did Che respond when Hilda wrote to request to come to Cuba to be by his side?
(a) He was apathetic.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He was annoyed.
(d) He was confused.
11. After Batista's resignation, what was Castro's immediate title in Cuban government?
(a) Prime Minister.
(c) Castro had no immediate title.
12. How did the Cuban people react when they heard that Che was stepping down from his post to work on trade relations?
(a) They were apathetic.
(b) They were proud.
(c) They were confused.
(d) They were outraged.
13. As Che and Castro began to rise to power, what happened to the relationship between the US and Batista?
(a) It completely fell apart.
(b) It began to strengthen.
(c) It first began to form.
(d) It began to weaken.
14. How did Che's family react when they visited him in Havana and saw the way he handled his power?
(a) They were proud.
(b) They were disturbed.
(c) They were terrified.
(d) They were apathetic.
15. Who was elected President in the 1958 Cuban Presidential election?
(a) Che Guevara.
(b) Fulgencio Batista.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) Rivero Agüero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the only things allowed to pass from the US to Cuba during the 1960s trade freeze?
2. What was Castro's second manifesto to the people of Cuba entitled?
3. What was Pablo Ribalta's main job while he worked in Che's camps?
4. Which of Che's family members died while he was working on the rebel camp in the Congo?
5. Why didn't Aleida accompany Che on his business travels around the world?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)