|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following modes of communication did Che start when he moved his men into El Hombrito?
(a) He started a radio station.
(b) He started a talk show.
(c) He started a newspaper.
(d) He started a web blog.
2. How did the Cuban public react when Frank Pais was captured and killed by the government?
(a) They were apathetic.
(b) They were confused.
(c) They were pleased.
(d) They were outraged.
3. How much money in medical supplies were the 12000 US soldiers captured in the Bay of Pigs traded for?
(a) $55 million.
(b) $62 million.
(c) $38 million.
(d) $47 million.
4. How long was Che away from Cuba while he was working on trade relations?
(a) Six months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
5. Where did Che build his next headquarters when his headquarters in El Hombrito was destroyed?
(c) Ciego de Avila.
(d) La Mesa.
6. In what month of the year were full diplomatic relations between Cuba and Russia announced?
7. What was Castro's second manifesto to the people of Cuba entitled?
(a) "American Ideals".
(b) "Fight for Your Rights".
(c) "Appeal to the Cuban People".
(d) "Communism and You".
8. In what country did Castro's rise to power claim the most media attention?
(a) United States.
9. Aside from his notes, what else did Che leave for his family when he left to work in the Congo?
(a) His guns.
(b) His money.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His books.
10. What did the Congolese rebels believe in that puzzled Che?
11. What emotion did Che use regularly to describe the way he felt about building trade relations throughout the world?
12. In the lead up to the Presidential election, how was the rebel army faring with the Cuban public?
(a) The rebels were gaining popularity.
(b) The rebels were losing popularity.
(c) The public did not yet know about the rebels.
(d) The rebels kept the same amount of popularity.
13. Which of Hilda's relatives was brought into Cuba on the revolutionary soldier scholarship?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
14. In which border country was Argentina trying to create a training headquarters known as "Operation Shadow"?
15. Which US President funded guerrilla armies to attempt to takeover political power in Cuba?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Castro's armies attempted to curtail his power on July 26, 1957?
2. What is Cuba's main export to the United States?
3. Who was elected President in Argentina in the election of 1963?
4. What was Pablo Ribalta's main job while he worked in Che's camps?
5. What city did the peasant have to run to for asthma medicine when Che had an attack in his barn?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)