|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people was NOT present at the communist safe house in Prague/
2. Who purchased all the sugar the American government refused to buy?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(b) Great Britain.
(d) North Korea.
3. What did the Congolese rebels believe in that puzzled Che?
4. What was the name of Hilda's relative who came to Cuba under the revolutionary scholarship program?
5. What were the members of the community that did not support Castro known as?
6. How many men were slaughtered in the fight for Cienfuegos?
(a) No one was killed in Cienfuegos.
(b) Tens of thousands.
7. As a result of rebel disruption, what percentage of Cubans came out to vote in the 1958 Presidential election?
8. Why did Aleida March come to live with Che in his rebel camp?
(a) Because her house was invaded by the government.
(b) Because Che invited her to.
(c) Because her parents kicked her out.
(d) Beacause she was orphaned by the war.
9. What governmental department was Che in charge of when Alexandr Alexiev came to visit Cuba?
(a) The Communist Department.
(b) The Trade Department.
(c) The Executive Department.
(d) The Industrialization Department.
10. Which of the following did Cuba NOT ask for from the Soviet government as soon as their trade agreement was made public?
(a) Military funding.
(b) Education assistance.
(c) Economic aid.
(d) Freedom of trade.
11. What city did the peasant have to run to for asthma medicine when Che had an attack in his barn?
(a) Quinto y Sexto.
(b) Cayo Perla.
(d) Palmas Altas.
12. Which of his boyhood friends did Che hire to work for the revolutionary training program in Argentina?
13. What is Cuba's main export to the United States?
14. Which of the following countries was NOT considered part of the communist bloc in the early 1960's?
(d) North Korea.
15. Which of the following city armies was NOT meant to join in the fight for Cienfuegos?
(c) La Mesa.
(d) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was blamed for the error in Cienfuegos?
2. Who was Celia Sanchez?
3. Which of the following identities did Che adopt when he left Cuba?
4. In what month of the year was Castro's second manifesto to the people released?
5. Which US President funded guerrilla armies to attempt to takeover political power in Cuba?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)