Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles say is the food of love?
2. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
3. What is Marikomo?
4. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
5. What does Wallis say he put in the cups before he used them for the tea?
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the novel if it were set in today's society?
The author wrote Chatterton in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)