|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the child make a sound like?
2. Which of the following dishes does Charles not order?
3. Who wrote The Four Seasons?
4. What does Chatterton have to take a dessert spoon of?
5. What does Wallis say he put in the cups before he used them for the tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chatterton spend his night?
2. What does Mary do while Wallis and her husband watch the fire?
3. What does Chatterton do during the morning?
4. In what way do Charles and Vivien view Chatterton's papers differently?
5. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
6. How does Harriet persuade Cumberland to authenticate her painting?
7. What does Pat Joynson tell Philip about Chatterton?
8. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
9. How does Charles die?
10. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about mid- to late-19th century society.
1) The Meredith marriage.
2) Wallis' portrait.
3) The servant's child.
Essay Topic 2
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? What is the premise of CHATTERTON?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against forgery? What are Ackroyd's opinions on forgery and how does he express them? Do you agree or disagree with Ackroyd's opinions?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)