|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles say is the food of love?
2. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
3. What is Marikomo?
4. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
5. What does Wallis say he put in the cups before he used them for the tea?
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. The police come and arrest the character for forgery.
2. The character's closest friend dies.
3. The character is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
4. The character's work becomes world renowned.
5. The character is faced with bankruptcy.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)