|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harriet say she has not been since the Fifties?
2. What does Harriet take a cutting of?
3. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
4. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
5. What does Harriet say Sarah needs in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are all the characters when Charles dies?
2. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
3. How does Merk try to prove that the Seymour painting are not fake?
4. What does Chatterton's friend suggest as a cure for Chatterton's STD?
5. How does Chatterton spend his night?
6. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
7. How does Harriet act during Charles' funeral service?
8. What does Wallis think about George and Mary Meredith?
9. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
10. In what way do Charles and Vivien view Chatterton's papers differently?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Thomas Chatterton view the eighteenth century? What impact has his poetry had on British literature?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)