|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors think may have happened to Charles?
2. What does Chatterton describe the boy's breeches as?
3. Where is Charles' funeral held?
4. What make of car does Philip own?
5. What does Harriet say interests her about the film?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Philip help Vivien and Edward after Charles death?
2. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
3. What does Mary do while Wallis and her husband watch the fire?
4. How does Chatterton spend his night?
5. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
6. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
7. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
8. How does Charles die?
9. How does Merk try to prove that the Seymour painting are not fake?
10. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Thomas Chatterton view the eighteenth century? What impact has his poetry had on British literature?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)