|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make of car does Philip own?
2. What does Chatterton's friend say the arsenic removes?
3. Why does Meredith say she talks so little about her poetry?
4. What does Charles say is the food of love?
5. How does Harriet describe her chocolates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the novel and discuss how he or she would cope in two of the following scenarios:
1. The police come and arrest the character for forgery.
2. The character's closest friend dies.
3. The character is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
4. The character's work becomes world renowned.
5. The character is faced with bankruptcy.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author have to change the novel if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)