|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following poets did Chatterton not forge?
2. What does Flint say he is not?
3. What can Charles see gleaming from his hospital window?
4. What does Charles tell Philip they ought to arrange?
5. Who does Chatterton see walk into the building just as it is about to be demolished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
2. How does Philip promise to help Vivien?
3. What does Chatterton's friend suggest as a cure for Chatterton's STD?
4. How does Sadlier know the Seymour paintings are fake?
5. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
6. How does Chatterton spend his night?
7. How does Harriet persuade Cumberland to authenticate her painting?
8. How does Harriet get what she wants from Vivien?
9. In what way do Charles and Vivien view Chatterton's papers differently?
10. What is Flint's opinion on modern day literature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the novel? How does Ackroyd develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)