|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chatterton have to take four grains of?
2. Why does Meredith say she talks so little about her poetry?
3. What are the curtains drawn to protect?
4. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
5. What does Harriet have pinned to her hat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are all the characters when Charles dies?
2. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
3. How does Harriet persuade Cumberland to authenticate her painting?
4. How does Chatterton help the street urchin?
5. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
6. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
7. What does Wallis think about George and Mary Meredith?
8. How does Harriet get what she wants from Vivien?
9. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
10. How does Sadlier know the Seymour paintings are fake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine what i texpresses about mid-18th century society:
1) Chatterton's STD.
2) The boy Chatterton saves.
3) Chatterton's publisher's idea about faking Chatterton's death.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about mid- to late-19th century society.
1) The Meredith marriage.
2) Wallis' portrait.
3) The servant's child.
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Charles' generation face? How are the problems for Charles' generation different from the problems Chatterton's generation faced? Identify and discuss a problem facing your generation.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)