|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet have pinned to her hat?
2. What is Marikomo?
3. Who laughs when Harriet swears?
4. What does Charles tell Edward he could injure?
5. Where does Vivian take shelter from the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
2. How does Charles die?
3. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
4. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
5. How does Merk try to prove that the Seymour painting are not fake?
6. What does Chatterton do during the morning?
7. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
8. How does Sadlier know the Seymour paintings are fake?
9. How does Harriet persuade Cumberland to authenticate her painting?
10. What does Wallis think about George and Mary Meredith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine what i texpresses about mid-18th century society:
1) Chatterton's STD.
2) The boy Chatterton saves.
3) Chatterton's publisher's idea about faking Chatterton's death.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about mid- to late-19th century society.
1) The Meredith marriage.
2) Wallis' portrait.
3) The servant's child.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters alive at the end of the book. Compare his or her character to who he or she was at the beginning of the book to who he or she is at the end.
1) What did your character hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events changed your character ideas about life?
3) How has your character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)