|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cumberland's partner?
2. What does Harriet say Charles writes like?
3. What does Flint call his flat?
4. Which of the following phrases is now on the sign for Leno's Antiques?
5. What did Vivien work as in Cumberland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What inspired Chatterton to write?
2. What happens to Charles the following morning?
3. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
4. Why does Harriet fear her memories?
5. Describe Flint's work.
6. Describe Pat.
7. Why did Harriet use Bentley's plots?
8. Why is Charles happy that Chatterton's handwriting looks like it was written between 1790 and 1830?
9. How does Harriet react when Charles mentions that she copied Harrison Bentley's plots for her novels?
10. What does Harriet fear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. How does the author use all these elements to create a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What is a premise? Why is a premise important to a story? What is the premise of CHATTERTON?
Essay Topic 3
How did Thomas Chatterton view the eighteenth century? What impact has his poetry had on British literature?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)