|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man sell Philip?
2. What does Charles say has pained his senses?
3. What is the name of the street Chatterton was born on?
4. How does Harriet's house make Charles feel?
5. What does Philip think Chatterton was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philip find out about Harriet in this chapter?
2. What does the elderly man say to Charles on the phone?
3. What does Flint think about Chatterton's handwriting?
4. Describe Pat.
5. How did Chatterton start his career as a writer?
6. Describe Flint's work.
7. Why does Pat give away the painting?
8. How does Charles ease Harriet's mind?
9. How do Philip and Charles show their different temperaments on the train to Bristol?
10. What inspired Chatterton to write?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Thomas Chatterton view the eighteenth century? What impact has his poetry had on British literature?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine what i texpresses about mid-18th century society:
1) Chatterton's STD.
2) The boy Chatterton saves.
3) Chatterton's publisher's idea about faking Chatterton's death.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)