|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who painted the picture of Chatterton's dead body?
(a) Henry Wallis.
(b) Lawrence Fort.
(c) James Goring.
(d) Francis Bacon.
2. What does Chatterton describe the boy's breeches as?
(a) Prison clothing.
3. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
(a) His film script.
(b) His life story.
(c) His bare face.
(d) His poetry.
4. Where does Vivian take shelter from the rain?
(a) A theater entrance.
(b) A pub.
(c) A cinema entrance.
(d) A bus shelter.
5. What does Edward say his mother needs lipstick for?
(a) To beautify herself.
(b) To draw on the mirror.
(c) To give to Harriet.
(d) To sell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward say the rain is like?
2. Where does Harriet say she has not been since the Fifties?
3. What does Vivian say when she first sees Flint and Harriet at the crematorium?
4. How does Flint react when Vivien tells him and Harriet they were Charles' true friends?
5. What is the last line of the poem that Charles quotes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chatterton excited about his life at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. How is Charles at the beginning of the ninth chapter?
3. What does Chatterton do during the morning?
4. In what way do Charles and Vivien view Chatterton's papers differently?
5. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
6. How does Sadlier know the Seymour paintings are fake?
7. Where are all the characters when Charles dies?
8. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
9. What does Mary do while Wallis and her husband watch the fire?
10. How does Philip promise to help Vivien?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)