|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Souchong?
(a) A type of poem.
(b) A style of writing.
(c) A type of tea.
(d) A style of painting.
2. What does Harriet say she would do if books became mere consumer items?
(a) Burn all books.
(b) Buy a bookshop.
(c) Find another job.
(d) Kill herself.
3. What does Vivian tell Edwards she is going to make for him?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A cake.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A paper airplane.
4. What does Chatterton have to take a dessert spoon of?
5. What is Marikomo?
(a) Astyle of writing.
(b) A type of tea.
(c) A style of painting.
(d) A type of poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet bring to the art gallery?
2. Why does Meredith say she talks so little about her poetry?
3. What make of car does Philip own?
4. What does Harriet have pinned to her hat?
5. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Flint's opinion on modern day literature?
2. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
3. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
4. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
5. How does Philip promise to help Vivien?
6. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
7. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
8. Why is Chatterton excited about his life at the beginning of Chapter 13?
9. How does Chatterton spend his night?
10. How does Harriet persuade Cumberland to authenticate her painting?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)