|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet have pinned to her hat?
(a) A bird.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A flower.
2. Who painted the picture of Chatterton's dead body?
(a) Francis Bacon.
(b) Henry Wallis.
(c) James Goring.
(d) Lawrence Fort.
3. Which of the following does the author compare the pine needles to?
(a) Drawing pins.
(b) Clumps of hair.
(c) Cat whiskers.
(d) Fairy knives.
4. What does Harriet call the things on her side table?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her trinklets.
(c) Her patsies.
(d) Her knick knacks.
5. Who does Cumberland call to look at Harriet's painting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flint say he is not?
2. What do Charles' knuckles brush against?
3. What kind of uniform is the man wearing in the film?
4. What does Harriet say everyone needs?
5. What kind of wood is Charles' coffin made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
2. How does Charles die?
3. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
4. How does Harriet act during Charles' funeral service?
5. Why is Chatterton excited about his life at the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
7. How does Philip help Vivien and Edward after Charles death?
8. How does Chatterton spend his night?
9. What is Flint's opinion on modern day literature?
10. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)