|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the author compare the pine needles to?
(a) Cat whiskers.
(b) Clumps of hair.
(c) Fairy knives.
(d) Drawing pins.
2. What does Flint say he is not?
(a) A romantic.
(b) A materialist.
(c) A realist.
(d) An expressonist.
3. What is Marikomo?
(a) A type of poem.
(b) A type of tea.
(c) A style of painting.
(d) Astyle of writing.
4. Who does Philip not trust?
(a) The priest.
5. Where has Meredith taken her paddle steamer to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet bring to the art gallery?
2. Who does Chatterton see walk into the building just as it is about to be demolished?
3. What is the name of the journal whose offices Chatterton enters in this chapter?
4. What poet does the priest quote?
5. What does Cumberland say about Harriet's painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
2. How does Chatterton help the street urchin?
3. How does Philip help Vivien and Edward after Charles death?
4. What does Mary do while Wallis and her husband watch the fire?
5. Why does Wallis think he is cheating Meredith?
6. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
7. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
8. What does Chatterton do during the morning?
9. What does Wallis think about George and Mary Meredith?
10. How does Harriet get what she wants from Vivien?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)