|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet say she likes her Indian food?
(a) Mild and creamy.
(b) Hot and steaming.
(c) Hot and strong.
(d) Cold and bland.
2. What does Harriet bring to the art gallery?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A letter.
3. What does Harriet say she would do if books became mere consumer items?
(a) Find another job.
(b) Buy a bookshop.
(c) Burn all books.
(d) Kill herself.
4. Who does Philip not trust?
(d) The priest.
5. What does Harriet take a cutting of?
(a) A rose.
(b) A fox glove.
(c) A daffodil.
(d) A geranium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing at the foot of Charles' bed?
2. Where does Charles take Edward?
3. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
4. What did Chatterton lose a few nights before?
5. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Charles and Vivien view Chatterton's papers differently?
2. How does Vivien keep Charles' memory alive?
3. What is wrong with the tea Wallis makes Meredith?
4. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
5. How does Harriet get what she wants from Vivien?
6. Where are all the characters when Charles dies?
7. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
8. What is Flint's opinion on modern day literature?
9. How does Charles die?
10. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)