|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivian say when she first sees Flint and Harriet at the crematorium?
(a) Leave at once.
(b) You never loved him.
(c) Nice to see you.
(d) You both came.
2. What does Vivian tell Edwards she is going to make for him?
(a) A paper airplane.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A tree house.
(d) A cake.
3. What does Chatterton's friend say the opium allays?
(a) Sourness and pain.
(b) Shaking and sneezing.
(c) Love and happiness.
(d) Fear and hate.
4. Who helped Charles when he collapsed in the restaurant?
5. What does Charles say he will read to Harriet and Flint?
(a) His bare face.
(b) His poetry.
(c) His film script.
(d) His life story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet call the things on her side table?
2. What does Chatterton see lying among the debris?
3. What is the name of the restaurant the characters eat in?
4. What can Charles see gleaming from his hospital window?
5. What do the doctors think may have happened to Charles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painting George picks up in the shop.
2. What does Chatterton do during the morning?
3. How does the scene change when Mary arrives?
4. How is Charles at the beginning of the ninth chapter?
5. What do Wallis and Meredith see while they are working?
6. How does Philip help Vivien and Edward after Charles death?
7. How does Harriet persuade Vivien to give her Chatterton's papers?
8. How does Philip promise to help Vivien?
9. Why does Edward claim he does not like the Chatterton portrait?
10. What does Wallis think about George and Mary Meredith?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)